Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Weapon/Armor styles? Sw 7 The Force awakens Inspired

Foreignobjects

i dont know about that... the characters in the movies. never heard of ewoks. but... 3k years. and no one seen a ewok or w/e.. thats a bit far fetched. , theres certain things when the game was made that bioware was and wasnt allowed to use.. names. items.. planets.... examples below

Treek never refers to herself as an ewok. , nor no one says the word ewok... doesnt mean no one knows about them

they were only allowed to use certain planets. coruscant. hoth. corellia , tattooine . Nar shada, alderan . the rest were made up for the game... and in kotor. tython. korriban. not sure about quesh. Oricon is basically mustafar , cause thers actually dark jedi temples on mustafar, if u played swg u know. . Voss. makeb , belsavis ,

when disney bought and demanded they add more canon to the game.. they took out all the score music for the most part made for this game and replaced it with john williams scores from all 6 movies.. they added yavin IV. and we will see way more. in the coming dlcs/ expansion/updates... specially with the new movies coming out. cause Disney gave EA a bunch of money to update the game with canon content and items/planets

so basically when this game was created george lucas said they could only use so much as i listed above.. make there own soundtrack. blah blah excetra ... cause of what happend to swg... cause that game takes place after the first movie.. and its Totally canon. and he wasnt sure how the game was gonna turn out.. hints thats why its 3k years in the past. up until this new expansion.. so we will see..

i have hope they will add alot of canon items /weapons/vehicles. more armor/ planets. i wanto see dantooine and Dathomir the most. but thats for another post

Ironically, the planets with the best lore in the game are actually all the non canon ones created by BW and/or Obsidian and/or reused from other games/novels/comics/etc. Arriving on Belsavis makes you feel like you're the best of the best, living the most advanced period of your time and being at the top of the food chain. Yet, the more you explore and the deeper you go through the prison, the more you start to feel like a bug walking through humans (Giants in its eyes). Rakata were so much more advanced than anything and anyone else 40k-20k years before the game. For me that was the moment I realized how really big the SW universe is. Non-canon stuff beats canon-stuff hands down. Because non-canon artists are free to do what they want, without restrictions as long as there aren't major conflicts between the two universes. Anything that happens around the movies era, has to be written and created around the movies.

I'd be curious to see a full SW movie, even and especially a non-canon one, made by BW writers. Something with the excellent narration style of Mass Effect, but the universe of SW.

Yes!! I'd love Kylo's armor, or at least helmet. And a cross guard lightsaber would be awesome to have. I hate the "it's 3000 years before the film's" excuse from posters on here. The game is not officially canon anymore, and with EA wanting to get hype from their SW games by tying into TFA (Battlefront, upcoming Galaxy of Heroes mobile game), why wouldn't they ask/force BioWare to throw in some TFA tie-in stuff? They put a modified version of Rey's speeder in the game, why can't they add a Kylo Ren armor set albeit tweaked a bit? Or a First Order blaster, again tweaked in design a tad bit? It'll promote TFA, and maybe even bring in more players who'd want to look like Kylo Ren in a game,

I know they won't put anything in the game, but it'd be awesome if they did.

your wrong

Disney gave EA tons of money to add Canon stuff too the game as i typed before... They Removed ALL the score music bioware made for this game and replaced it with John Williams scores from all the movies.. thers only biowares score music in a couple parts of the game but barely at all... also Disney at first wanted this game shut down because it wasnt canon. but we will probobly with this new xpansion and near the TFA release and future movies we will see Canon / and lore items / planets. armor/ weapons /vehicles added for sure , this games survivability is relying on it

[quote=JeKoCZ;8430784

between the game era and the movies er (Like the aRazalon speeder Maul uses which is similar to the hundres of variants we have), other things like armors and especially sabers gets an evolution in design aswell. It has been Anakin himself wielding it.

ummm Darth maul uses the Bloodfin speeder. nothing like the razalon i see where ur coming from it sorta has that rounded bottom but its nothing like it here is some screen caps of each

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Speeder

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodfin_(speeder)?file=Sith_Speeder_Tatooine.png

Razalon below

thers actually like 5 different types

http://tor-fashion.com/razalon-fc-6/

your wrong

Disney gave EA tons of money to add Canon stuff too the game as i typed before... They Removed ALL the score music bioware made for this game and replaced it with John Williams scores from all the movies.. thers only biowares score music in a couple parts of the game but barely at all... also Disney at first wanted this game shut down because it wasnt canon. but we will probobly with this new xpansion and near the TFA release and future movies we will see Canon / and lore items / planets. armor/ weapons /vehicles added for sure , this games survivability is relying on it

/facepalm

They have not removed any of the original score from the game. This game has mixed it's own original score with John Williams works and also mixed in tracks from the original KOTOR games. However the vast majority of the music in this game, included all of the ambient planetary music was created for this game. And that music is still here.

I haven't seen a single one untill I watched Clone Wars uh huh...and even if they were present in past, what's the difference? I'm not sure I follow. They look exactly the same.

The Pope wears the exact same style of robe as the Pope(s) of the middle ages. It's called Tradition. The Temple Guards of the Jedi Order probably used the same style of robe since there inception.

/facepalm

They have not removed any of the original score from the game. This game has mixed it's own original score with John Williams works and also mixed in tracks from the original KOTOR games. However the vast majority of the music in this game, included all of the ambient planetary music was created for this game. And that music is still here.

yes they did all dramatic scenes had the score bioware made removed. yes you hear it on planets as ur walking sometimes but thers more of john williams score then biowares now for sure.. if u played at launch and beta u would know there was no music by john williams at all .... u have to play through the story to notice it.. ive been leveling character since launch and it has change. since disney took over star wars.

Edited by Foreignobjects

That would be as crazy as adding an Ewok to the game, right????

Considering the evolutionary process of species, an Ewok wouldn't have had much change in 3000 years, so its not really very crazy at all. What would be crazy is to have 2015 clothing show up in 1000 BCE.

fixed that for you.

Sigh, I'll try not to start up THAT debate again (So I'll just say you aren't correct and leave it at that), but at the very least, at this moment, this game IS canon in the Legends Universe, and since they are completely separate universes, that's even more reason NOT to have stuff from Episode 7.

Sigh, I'll try not to start up THAT debate again (So I'll just say you are correct in that this game was/is no more canon than the LEGO SW games or Podracer/etc that came before it and leave it at that), but at the very least, at this moment, this game IS canon in the Legends Universe, and since they are completely separate universes, that's even more reason NOT to have stuff from Episode 7.

fixed for you again. At this rate I'll have to start charging.

Edited by Suromir

Doesn't matter as nothing here is canon anymore.
This dumb statement keeps getting thrown around.

Not being canon does not mean they can do anything and everything. They still need to keep within the SW lines, otherwise it would no longer be a SW based game. Do they get to create and explore new things? Yes but still they need to keep within the lines.

To the Op none of it, it doesn't belong in this time period. Oh and definitely no traditional Jedi robes, I don't care if KOTOR did they shouldn't have, this is a different time Jedi wore different things. The Jedi can be stale but not that stale to wear the same style for thousands of years.

Edited by mudmobile

Sigh, I'll try not to start up THAT debate again (So I'll just say you aren't correct and leave it at that), but at the very least, at this moment, this game IS canon in the Legends Universe, and since they are completely separate universes, that's even more reason NOT to have stuff from Episode 7.

So... Just because the game in whole isnt canon , you really think they won't add Lore and canon items to this game.. have you ever played a franchise game before. specially an online one. they'l do everything they can to make more money. and as a play ill tell u what.. id bay 1k cartel coins for kylo ren's lightsaber. just sayin. its all about consumerism . You think just because the game was created at a time when george lucas didnt want anything too canon or related to lore in the game .. but now disney owns it they want it to have lore related stuff , you think they aren't going to add canon items. specially stuff from TFA even if its just for style and has nothing to do with the games story, cause i believe they will add more then whats already in game

This dumb statement keeps getting thrown around.

Not being canon does not mean they can do anything and everything. They still need to keep within the SW lines, otherwise it would no longer be a SW based game. Do they get to create and explore new things? Yes but still they need to keep within the lines.

To the Op none of it, it doesn't belong in this time period. Oh and definitely no traditional Jedi robes, I don't care if KOTOR did they shouldn't have, this is a different time Jedi wore different things. The Jedi can be stale but not that stale to wear the same style for thousands of years.

again. just because it hasnt been seen yet in this game. how do u know what was in this time period is there a book that says what exactly is and isnt around or invented in this time period, and yes they probobly will add jedi robes that are modeled after the movies.. they already added cloaks like theirs. in the exterminator robe. by the way which was added after disney bought sw. Disney didnt wanto renew the IP on this game is what i read a while back right when disney bought star wars. it was something about all the stuff they were canceling and what was going to be made... for instance.

The Darth Maul Game " Canceled by disney"

The Force unleashed Final chapter "Canceled"

SWG Disney renewed the IP to Daybreak aka SOE"

Swtor. "Disney wasnt happy it wasnt canon." they gave EA a load of cash to re invent it in a way to add more relevant to the movie canon in some ways. NO ONE knows what they are gonna add in the coming months Item wise. so dont say there For surely not adding Traditional jedi robes cause you dont know that

Edited by Foreignobjects

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.