Don't like "Blade Dance"? Post a name.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like "Blade Mastery" or "Master Slash" from what I've seen in this thread and reddit.

It doesn't have the word "Strike" in it, which was the problem, and maintains some resemblance to Master Strike. Also, it implies a superior attack in its name.

It's fine some folks don't mind Blade Dance, but I and I'd bet many others, once they see the change, will think it's an odd mirror name to Ravage and sounds quite goofy.

Edited by arunav

I like "Blade Mastery" or "Master Slash" from what I've seen in this thread and reddit.

It doesn't have the word "Strike" in it, which was the problem, and maintains some resemblance to Master Strike. Also, it implies a superior attack in its name.

It's fine some folks don't mind Blade Dance, but I and I'd bet many others, once they see the change, will think it's an odd mirror name to Ravage and sounds quite goofy.

Problem with Master Slash is the same as Master Strike it still only implies a single strike or slash where as Blade Dance would imply multiple hits, in a movement oriented fashion.

The reason for changing it from Master Strike to Blade Dance is because it was confusing with the Old Zephyrean Slash description, and the Soresu Form description. I like Blade Dance, but I think something else could be used... Maybe Blade Storm? And rename the current Blade Storm to Blade Blast or Force Slash? I think that Blade Storm fits a multi-strike type skill better than a Slash beam type skill.

I kinda like the sound of either Vindication or Swift Justice as replacement names for Master Strike.

And just imagine how fun it would be to execute Swift Justice while moving. :D

Vindication is probably the best one word name I've seen suggested. I don't mind Blade Dance personally but I wouldn't mind Vindication either. Only potential issue is it may be too close the Sage's Vindicate ability, but it's not exact so it shouldn't be too bad.

Saber Storm

Saber Surge

Burning Iron Monkey Fist of Longwinded Justice ;)

Weightwatcher Slash (you can only lose weight with that gaping hole in your belly) :p

Sundering Slash (strike would sound better but noooooo)

Imma git u Sucka Slash

Moderate to Severe Impalement

They Cancelled Taco Tuesday and You Must Die Slash

Yoda Did It

Pathcarver

Silencer

Bob

I'd remove the reason for renaming it. Have it build 3 focus so the 'strike' in the name is consistent with other 'strikes'. If anyone says it's OP, consider that Sages/Sorcs and Snipers/GS have absolutely no resource management whatsoever. Just spam all your core abilities and never even come close to running low on force/energy. Edited by RAVM

Lightsaber Attack 3.

Seriously, who cares what it's called? It could be called "Jojo's Sparkly Pink Unicorn Rainbow Farts" for all I care, the animation and application of the ability aren't changing, and how often do you read the names of abilities anyway, except when first learning them?