The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

Bioware, please;

- The experience gained in space missions needs to be nerfed. We are getting a stupidly incredible amount of experience out of it and im lvling up my character by doing those.. Giving credits instead of experience would be a good solution!

- Windows scale/drag and move.

- key-bindings. I mean, binding spells to any key without needing to have the spell on the UI.

- Add Mail on the ship.

- Add Chat bubbles.

- Add companion equip compare tool-tip

- add quest item to be used on the quest list panel

- remove the information that your item was sold on the AH and add that information on the final email that you receive with the money/items bought.

- If my companion can take trash items and sell at the nearest vendor, he can take my inventory items and take them to the nearest cargo hold as well , meaning ship.

- i Know this is getting old but we can not afford to forget about the performance issues; Look at my specs on the signature, i am pretty sure they would allow me to run the game maxed out on a 1400 x 900 resolution. ;)

- Most importantly, last but not least, we need to get rid of a lot of bugs in this game. We always seem to end up saying this on our team-speak chats; "Yeah tom, i know, the game is still very much raw"

Edited by ncore

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wishlist, suggestions and my two cents:

Endgame

Level 50 storyline

The level 1-50 questing is enjoyable, but the level 50 grindfest? Much less so. That's the reason why I left wow and would not re-sub wow should I unsub swtor. What's more, there's a huge 'feeling gap' between finishing the class quest and go back to traditional mmo endgame: grinding for loot.

So I think there should be the option to experience all the class quests all over again at level 50, like in mass effect and mass effect 2, you can experience your story again using a level 50/30 character. All story area enemies should scale to level 50 or close to 50 like enemies on Corellia.

After that some boss fights could be made daily or weekly repeatable, and there can be hardmode for some bosses. I know it's another form of grinding, and actually sounds like grinding the elite four over and over again in pokemon.

However, at least we can enjoy more of this:

Reward should be appropriately designed. It should feel epic so that everyone wants to do it, like the Lok'delar or Benediction quests in vanilla wow. Some quests could also offer us endgame companion gear for hardmode of such quests.

Crewskills

A more lively market

There should be a consumable market like wow enchanting and jewelcraft. The modding system should be re-worked a little.

Or, it could be, add other slots to the item. Power crystal and fixing lens for lightsabers? Energy cell and scope for blasters?

PvP

PvP stats

There are several problems with expertise, some are in WoW and carried to TOR, some are in TOR.

First, there shouldn't be both healing/damage increase and damage reduction. It should be either.

Also, expertise is a stat with increasing returns. First, damage reduction is a stat with increasing returns. 10% to 20% has more returns than 0% to 10%. Even if we don't talk about DR, it's a percentage increase on ALL your stats, which is still a stat with increasing returns.

Personally, I think PvP stat's benefit should be flat.

One idea: each endgame PvP item has lower stats than PvE item of the same tier; however, it has a special stat that increases your main stat (Str/Aim/Cun/Will) and another secondary stat (power/crit/surge/alacrity) in PvP so that it's superior to the PvE item of the same tier in PvP.

Another idea: Make mainhand/offhand a two-piece set that increases damage/healing in PvP by 3%; Add increase damage/healing in PvP by 5% to the four piece set bonus of PvP body armor; The other items have the same stats as PvE items of the same tier.

Warzones: think outside the box!

WoW BGs only allow two sides because all of them are alliance vs horde. However, this game has huttball, where same faction versus makes sense. So...why not a three or four team cutthroat? King of the hill (moving hill) maybe? Zone control could work as well.

Alright, off to lunch. I'll write more later...

Alright i made two ideas. they were in a thread that died fast. I will try to make it short

1. Artifact transferer. SO it makes you able to transfer armour like greenz and all that stuff into artifact so you can upgrade it BUT due so you wont overuse the shop it will cost ALOT of money. SO you must think wisely if its is worth using the money for that gier piece.

2. Force illusion this is a bit like the first one just that this time its EXACTLY like wow transmog You talk to the jedi/sith mike and it will open a window that is exactly like when you open the character where you see your alignement and gear but this time only your gear is viewable! Then you put the gear you look is cool on the same slot Helmet on helmet et etc

I just don't want this turn into Star wars the Clone world where nearly everyone has the same armour ingame. Because there are so many cool armour pieces i just don't want to think ''Oh well these ARE cool but i have no use fo them anymore''

Hope you will like those ideas because i spent alot of time trying to let people see the ideas on my threads but they keept dieing =/

Alright i made two ideas. they were in a thread that died fast. I will try to make it short

Hope you will like those ideas because i spent alot of time trying to let people see the ideas on my threads but they keept dieing =/

i laughed.

If you are not special then your posts will end up dieing like the rest.

Its called bringing the newer posts to the front.

Edited by ncore

While this is all well and good, why?

Someof the things you suggest are controvesial topics ie combat log

And keep in mind just because 1million people think something needs to be changed doesnt mean it does

Some of these things are very good, some stupidly trivial

I see no real need for this post at all

I appreciated the effort in trying to assist the community but this isnt a good way at all

Totally agree, the OP does not speak for the community and the MODs closing threads and redirecting to this thread is ridiculous.

These are some photos I took regarding things that need to be fixed. I canceled my sub last night. I just reached 50, which was my goal before canceling. Once these things are fixed Bioware will have me back in a flash. The overall game was great. But there are some strong, strong downfalls.

1. Textures

2. Single player feel to the game

3. Bugs

4. Lots more. Take care guys and I hope to see you all soon, again. Ill keep my eyes opened to the forums and updates to see if they changed anything.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3972/screenshot2012011507195.jpg

By iraqcombatvet at 2012-01-15

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9570/screenshot2012011408201.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6109/screenshot2012011310083.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3144/screenshot2012011308102.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5006/screenshot2012011208523.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6566/screenshot2012010820020.jpg

By iraqcombatvet at 2012-01-09

Edited by Vastalee
removed discussion of moderation

Something to consider.

Rift has a feature that allows players to transfer one character to another server, for free, with a thirty-day cooldown after the transfer is complete.

Is it possible to implement this into SWTOR? I have a Lvl 21 Republic Trooper on Vrook Lamar, and I want him on Lord Adraak. x_x

Edited by Huatar

wishes that could be added/integrated into the game world to draw more customers/ make it better

1. customizable ships, completly down to the last detail option. coloring/reorganizing and adding things to the inside like picture frames with pics from ingameor pics yo upload from desktop, hissing steam add on/off for effec

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. the cantina dancers reworked. they are soooooo grainy and skinny it looks like they are VERY sick. the women ai who are wearing all clothes end up looking way more attractive than the cantina dancers have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. masks + hoods at the same time item/option

4. more adult features. card people 18 and over to do this, idc. the carding is done when you have a major problem with your account, why not this.

5. family units, creating wife/father/sons/daughter ai sort of thing, like the sims that travel with you aboard your ship/interact with you and you with them if you want

6. cantina social activities

7. more playable species. wookie/ yodas race /bith /ewok /sand people/hutt?/the other form of twileks with those very long frontal horns/ dessan's shark-like race from outcast/greedos speciies/ yu zong vong? they have to be around far away at this point but still around/trandoshan/ mon cal/ that odd jedi master aliens race who gets shot down by clones in episode 3/droid playable species

8. option to build war droids/droid servants if this isnt already around

9. mass field battles/and ship pvp and group-solo mass ship battles just as battlefront had

10. when you summon your vehicle, your ally either climbing onto yours or forming their own just like you to ride with you

11. more diverse weapons from the storyline that WERE IN OLD REPUBLIC AS ALL THE BOOKS HAVE SAID- lightwhips and lightwhips in a hand each,. things that have only been briefly shown in star wars-related things like tri sabers, quad sabers and floating sabers(useing the force)

12. much more point to playing after level 50 than just 'beating it'

13. differemt kinds of pilotable ships such as customizable one man craft you can launch from your main ship that runs on auito(alongside the piloting skills and voic of your allys.

droid one maned-craft, and remote piloted craft your allys manuever from within the main ship like a radio controlled sort of deal

14.WAY MORE diverse lightsaber handle-asthetic options. all of the handles look the same outwardly! :[)

15. notice board on your ship you can scribble anything down on text wise for reminders/ funny pointless things..or, better yet,one of those unusable machines being a data-storage deivce in the ship where you write the things down and you can open them later

16. customizations for the ship such as ally and other player gunner seats they can take part with you in your ship battles,

17. ALL the seats an sofas in your ship sittable. because as it is, they arent right now.

18. being able to pick up/ put down anything small thing like glasses, plates/etc.

19. places only you ally can go, which, when you send them into, you control them while your main player and the others stay behind

20. feedback from bioware on all these suggestions as we want to hear from you bioware. what is being considered/what might be considered/what will never be- so we can know if asking this stuff is ok or if itl go nowhere.. because time shouldnt be wasted.

21. a much different ship engine-add on system than just throwing it into some stupid slot in you inventory. . really? an entire ship engine of that size fits in the abyss located somwhere in your stomach?

22. attacks on your vessel like pirates, boarding derelict ghost ships in true over the top routine where everyones in space suits at the boarding tunnel and its all very scary, outfitting your vessel so it has an underwater mode to fight/travel in the seas of star wars

(which would be epic because they are so dangerous)

23. not for jar jar.. but the gungan playable race

24. god awful loading times sped up a little

25. updates that are implemented as ppl play and not everything being completly halted for hours- and at the wrong hours. people are still playing until 3:00 in the monring. 4:00-5:00 when everyone mostly leaves to sleep would be a much more intelligent time to do this if nothing else

26. being able to greatly increse or diminish the bodily portions of your character/allys in addition to the option you have at the beggining. that alone just doesnt cut it all the way(adult features)

27. THE BLACK COLORED DARK ACOLYTE ROBE+ MASK CLOTHING SET FROM THE GAME AND COVER OF THE SITH LORDS. HOW IS IT THAT SUDDENLY IT DOESNT EXIST IN OLD REPUBLIC BECAUSE IT DEFINITLY ISNT AROUND TO CHOOSE. its a smaller robe and would also look way better on a sorcerer than any of the robes we have now. make it neutral. something! i havent seen ANY, of the 'acolytes' (hence the term) wearing this or having the option to. doesnt have to be a

noob outfit either! and make it modable too plz

all for now and thnakyu whoever consideres this for everyone

Edited by ekosdarid

SERIOUSLY STOP CLOSING MY THREADS!!!!!

These are some photos I took regarding things that need to be fixed. I canceled my sub last night. I just reached 50, which was my goal before canceling. Once these things are fixed Bioware will have me back in a flash. The overall game was great. But there are some strong, strong downfalls.

1. Textures

2. Single player feel to the game

3. Bugs

4. Lots more. Take care guys and I hope to see you all soon, again. Ill keep my eyes opened to the forums and updates to see if they changed anything.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3972/screenshot2012011507195.jpg

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9570/screenshot2012011408201.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6109/screenshot2012011310083.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3144/screenshot2012011308102.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5006/screenshot2012011208523.jpg

1. you need to turn on your aa

2. green color is healing by companion. need to logout, already documented

3. other bugs, that you lost my interest in, read the other threads, you might gain more insight on already documented issues.

My husband and I have one suggestion and one extreme disagreement with one of the "requests" listed in the compilation. (Which isn't to invalidate the fact that people have requested it; just to explain why, over the long term, it's a bad idea.)

DON'T WANT TO SEE:

Cross-server dungeon/raid finder.

Why? This was immediately popular in WoW. Suddenly folks who were happy soloing the entire game had a chance to see content they otherwise would not. There was much rejoicing!

However, its long-term effect over in WoW seems to be heading towards the demise of Guilds. Why? Because, via this mechanism, Guilds (or any dungeon-finder group) no longer meet new Players/characters who can be recruited to the guild. If you're a group short one or two, you no longer send a Shout out over whatever the local LFG channel is, you hit the Finder. Almost inevitably the people you get to fill-out your group come from another server. Chances are, you will never see them again - whether they were awesome or not. And their one experience with your group is almost certainly not enough to persuade them to move to your Server and join your Guild. Particularly when they have to pay real money to make such a move.

In WoW (and any game), there's a natural attrition of guild members/Players. Over time (and we want our favourite games to last many years, don't we?),some players get tired and move to the next new game, some people get married, have children, accept more time-consuming jobs or college responsibilities. People leave the game, no matter how awesome your Guild is. Therefore, anything that makes recruiting fresh blood into a Guild even more difficult than it is is a Really Bad Idea.

SWToR is new, so this problem may not yet be apparent. But in the long term, unless Servers are "transparent" and people move easily between them (as in Champions Online), there need to be ways for groups to meet and play with new potential recruits - repeatedly. Not one-time-only random-chance play that caters more to the already-committed-to-solo-play Player than it does to team-building.

WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

A wider choice of companions for each class such that not everyone has the same companion(s).

This is more for aesthetic reasons (and that, is, of course, already partially addressed in companion customization.) But it is also a story opportunity. It seems to us that SWToR has a unique opportunity to make further use of its Story-driven Content in this regard. I heard someone ask in General chat "when does the smuggler get his wookie". That just seemed wrong to me. 'Why must EVERY smuggler have a wookie?' I asked myself (not caring whether or not it's actually true in the game) Why not a Twi'lik OR an Ewok OR a Wookie? But not all three. (Please ignore the fact that Ewoks may or may not be available in the game's timeline. I'm just asking hypothetical questions.)

There may be a technical reason why it's un-doable, but, on the surface, it SEEMS possible that there could, just for examples' sake, be 7 potential companions for a smuggler and it is his choices during the story episodes that determines which ones he actually gets as his "permanent 5" companions. For the Jedi knight, for instance... perhaps he turns down T7, annoyed by the small droid's ego, and so (not much later on) is assigned a protocol droid instead, because it's clear that he needs someone to teach him to be more diplomatic.

This might work into a story arc where one has two potential companions and the choices made within that arc specifically lead to one or the other, but never both.

SWToR has implemented multiple companions. It has implemented affection ratings based on story-interactions. It seems plausible that these could combine to literally determine which companions will follow one and which will not. NOT just the alacrity with which they do their jobs.

The SWToR development team has done so well with story, that we want to encourage them to continue to stretch and do even more. Thanks for a great game!

One very important thing you will have to accomplish is the fact that you MUST SEPARATE PvP from PvE!!!

Nerfing PvE because of PvP is NOT an Option! Several class changes because of PvP SHOULD HAVE NOT an impact on PvE and vice versa! Keep that in mind and you will be the first to solve this problem. You are smart fellas... you are experienced programmers. Make it count lads! Make it count!!

Separate these 2 elements from each other and we all will have our ballance. The game MUST BE ballanced on group vs group and not 1 vs 1 when it comes to PvP Stuff.

This is my oppinion. Think about it, because if you keep nerfing things because of the PvPers whining.. we will have the same chaos as we used to have it in XoX. We don't want that, and certainly you don't want that either.

Notes on friends in the friendslist:

I have a lot of pleasant people on the friendslist and also some jerks on the ignore list. So, I am aware I could just take a piece of paper or write it down on a word.doc but ingame would be just the most convenient way.

I'd like to hover over the name of a name to instantly remember, that he's a Healer Spec or tank or whatever, if my flashpoint group still needs to find someone. Whether he has RP-affinity or not. If he likes to quest together or rather solo-levels. In short, why exactly I decided to add him to the list. I'd also like to know what douchebaggery he commited to deserve to be ignored. My memory is pretty lousy and I'm sure that already after a few weeks I won't remember a name anymore, if I don't have other information on him! Also people could write down notes e.g. "Need to craft an armor set for him", "owe him 1'000'000'000 creds", "twink of guildleader" etc. or note down how the last RP-encounter concluded to carry it on another time.

Also extend this function for the guildslist mabye!

It would, at least for me, increase the social aspect of the game by a certain amount!

Shouldn't be too hard to implement this, I guess?

Notes on friends in the friendslist:

I have a lot of pleasant people on the friendslist and also some jerks on the ignore list. So, I am aware I could just take a piece of paper or write it down on a word.doc but ingame would be just the most convenient way.

I'd like to hover over the name of a name to instantly remember, that he's a Healer Spec or tank or whatever, if my flashpoint group still needs to find someone. Whether he has RP-affinity or not. If he likes to quest together or rather solo-levels. In short, why exactly I decided to add him to the list. I'd also like to know what douchebaggery he commited to deserve to be ignored. My memory is pretty lousy and I'm sure that already after a few weeks I won't remember a name anymore, if I don't have other information on him! Also people could write down notes e.g. "Need to craft an armor set for him", "owe him 1'000'000'000 creds", "twink of guildleader" etc. or note down how the last RP-encounter concluded to carry it on another time.

Also extend this function for the guildslist mabye!

It would, at least for me, increase the social aspect of the game by a certain amount!

Shouldn't be too hard to implement this, I guess?

I like the game, I am enjoying it a lot at the moment. But I have enjoyed many things available in other games that I would think SW:TOR should offer considering the amount of production it received.

(and this is in no particular order): To use the extra buttons on my mouse(Logitech Performance MX).

Macros would be a welcome addition to create more control(made my life much easier, especially as a healer).

Addons, this is definitely a huge convenience for playstyle reasons to personalization(I like to unclutter my screen as much as I can), to allowing the creativity of third party minds to think of new features. Many common features now once spawned from addons in the past.

New Game Engine. Before I start getting hate for this please read my argument. The engine isn't bad, it is ok. If it were in any other MMO I would say it is adequate. But again this is SW:TOR, at least $150 million in production(I have heard many different numbers but this is the highest official amount I found, but I amm sure we can all presume it was more). So with that said why are we using a modified HERO engine? They should have created there own that had the potential to be much more impressively implemented.

Melee is responsive at best, SW:TOR on low settings takes more power and resources then multiple windows of other impressive games, as far as graphics, and game-play. And it is almost all down to the clunky engine running the beasty program.

The games lack of Anti Aliasing is also because of the engine it uses for those concerned about this not being a feature.

Edited by Rilas

Sorry but I didn’t read ALL of the pages between the first one and here, and I also didn’t read through every suggestion documented in the initial post but I’m SO glad a list like this is being compiled! Here be what I’d like to see added to this already-spectacular game:

PvP Pod racing!! Think Mario Kart but with bigger guns and less banana peels. I definitely agree with a horse-race betting feature for competitive pod racing.

Open-world space combat! Just take the code from “X-Wing Alliance”, change the space ships, and include it in the game. That’d be epic.

An instanced PLANET! Some place where the story writers can let their imaginations run wild. Decisions made by a player can be much more impactful and the plot more deeply involved (similar to Dragon Age or Mass Effect). Groups would need to be picked up at a hub somewhere other than this planet, or perhaps a single major city on it. Players in a group going to the planet will see what the group leader’s decisions have done. There was a class-specific thread in Baldur’s Gate 2 where rangers could become lords of a keep, druids could be leaders of a druid grove, and…I…can’t remember what the other classes got but it was equally epic. I think something like that would be awesome on a planet like this.

A way to disable the smart-follow camera. It annoys me something fierce that the camera continually resets to being behind me whenever I move. I want to look behind me when in combat without pressing my target changing button down (Left mouse button). Why don't you let me?

Ability to unlock camera so that it does not automatically default back to rear of avatar view when the left mouse button is not pressed down.

Some people like the current functionality, some do not. Please give us the option to turn it off = free look.