The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat bubbles , toggle on/off in prefrences.

There is no social aspect to the game, talked to a friend earlier today. He was L40, hadn't grouped once, hadn't talked to anyone. Had no plans to group either, saw no point. He's going back to EQ2.

It was the same for me in the last beta weekend. At live I grouped everything with my best friend, but it was just a drag. Much better to do the quests alone in this Massivly single player online RPG.

Need more social aspects into the game. I just feel other players in this world is in my way. All my frinds that play say the same, and have decided to quit one by one. I myself haven't been able to motivate myself to play due to the single player nature of the game.

Oy...got tons of thoughts, but for now I'll go with:

1. Get rid of the Imperial/Republic Fleets
    • Flashpoints from the origin planets. This would bring more populace to all the planets
    • Either group move certain vendors to specific planets (again increasing populace for those "forgotten worlds") or move all the "things" in the fleets to the home planets of each faction. My issue with that last one is that the home worlds would get drowned out with ridiculous general chat but the first one option would "lower efficiency". But if vendor placing made sense (lvl specific gear within the planets that support that level range)...then it wouldn't be that bad at all

[*]Taxis that lead directly to the Starship Ports. We have buses, taxi's and (hell...)even boats that will take us from points in our city directly to the airport/port...but "modern" starports don't? I can understand if a "backwater planet" doesn't have it...but...yeah.

[*]Maybe an optional personal equipment or “starship upgrade” to purchase like:

"Updated Navicomputer – Allows your ship droid to prepare flights"

This would allow people to enter a destination before even getting on their ship. So the user gets to the port and then, upon entering the elevator, is immediately greated with the departure cinematic of the planet your leaving > load screen > arrival cinematic of the planet your arriving at > and back instantly into the new planets port...NOT HANGER, but actual port…just like you stepped out of the elevator. It would be a skill with a level base restriction (25? 30?) and cooldown (30min? 15min?)

This gives users the option of taking the “long way” or the new short way. This would also allow for missions to still occur within the Hanger of the port as it would cause your droid to say something like they’re having difficulties charting the course or that you "have a visitor", which would force the user to use the elevator > go to hanger > “wth?! Whoareyougetawayfrommyship!”

I want PANTS for my Sith Sorcerer. I know they exist... I had leggings for my Jedi Consular in Beta! I've seen one really LOW level LIGHT ARMOR legging, but can't finds ANY in the later levels! I haven't seen any Synthweavers who can make them, so what the hell? There's no reason to force Sith Inquisitors to ONLY wear robes.... Sith Warriors can wear both ROBES and PANTS... Edited by Jaavik

Doesn't really affect gameplay much, (only when you need to talk to your companion really), but I would like to get rid of magical ships.

By this, I mean as soon as you open the door, your ship takes off and when it is done you wind up in the hall that has the exit door. Not sure who was the pilot at the time I took off but ok.

I would rather see us be able to enter the ship and we do not take off. That way we can talk to the companions and use the cargo hold if you want. When you select the captain's chair, then take off. When the ship is done flying into space, show the galaxy map.

Nothing terribly important, but it would be a little more immersive.

Something I noticed the past 48 hours I never had issue with in this amount.

Bad guys I am suppose to kill are resetting and attack stops and they do not attack me. Biggest problem on Tatt some on Nor it seems to be increasing.

I can go around this and I have but it makes completing some things harder.

Just on Tatt some texture issues not anywhere else.

Love the game anyway hope it gets worked out.

The following was not added to the suggestion list, please add it:

As a temporary solution to the high-res textures problem, either:

1) Enable high-res textures for your character and party members/companions

2) Enable high-res textures for the first 20 character models to load on screen.

Guess I'll just throw this in here as well.

1. Lvl 50 zones on planets with lower lvl requirements. Take Hoth for instance. Add a couple of new areas, a great questline, and an exclusive mount (a Tauntaun in this case) for use throughout this questline and whenever you feel like hanging on Hoth (maybe helping a friend with questing and you can ride around on your Tauntaun).

2. Free-roaming space missions. I know this has been asked for already but it needs to be said again. If you guys need help on that, track down the devs that made the Rogue Squadron series. Free-roaming space pvp would be cool as well, but probably harder to implement.

3. You know how WoW has the Caverns if Time (yeah, I actually involved WoW because I quite like that place in the game). Maybe you could do something similar, but instead of the past, you get to visit future events (this is sci-fi after all so it's no that far-fetched). Maybe play through some of the space battles from the movies. Play through important events like when they try to escape Cloud City. As an Imperial you'd have to prevent them from escaping (while a rebel NPC is sent to stop you), thus Luke ends up not being saved and so the Emperor is not destroyed. As a rebel you are sent to stop the imperial NPC from doing what the imperial player did.

I know the last one might not be for everyone (and some will probably say I should just go watch the movies) but I thought I might be a fun little feature if they ever ran out of other ideas.

Haha, a suggestions and fixes thread. What's the maximum character limit? This could take a while. Ordered by category:

Controls

- Holding CTRL before holding the right mouse button to turn prevents you from taking hold of the camera, preventing you from properly mouse turning and using abilities bound to CTRL+key.

- The chat prompt command can be rebound in the menu, but rebinding it to anything other than enter also rebinds the command to send the text, preventing you from using it propely. IE. binding chat to 'T' prevents you from typing a sentance with the letter 'T' in it, because 'T' then operates as if it were the enter key, and sends the text.

- Excessive horrible mouse smoothing when turning the camera causes the screen to carry on rotating for what seems like 20 frames or more after you stop moving the mouse, making movement feel horrible and clumsy, and preventing crisp mouse control

- There needs to be an option to prevent the camera from auto facing forwards whenever you release left mouse, as it stands right now it's impossible to run forwards while looking to the side/behind you and selecting a target.

- The slider for camera turn speed in the preferences menu goes from 0% to 100%, when set to 0% the turning speed is still too fast for some hardware setups (eg. Deathadder at 1800dpi with sensitivity set to a bearable level in windows). Turning rate also appears to vary for bizzare reasons, possibly based on how far the camera is panned out, or your current framerate, which makes turning inconsistant and makes no sense.

- After zooming the camera out to a functional distance (roughly 2-3 times the default camera distance) the camera will quickly zoom back in whenever it is obstructed by terrain, which is normal, but then fails to pull back out again once the obsctruction is gone. Or does pull out, but at an incredibly slow and painful rate, making you reach for the manual zoom controls every time you go near a wall.

- In addition to the various ability delay / horrible long animation issues with control that are well known, some abilities such as Shadow Strike for Jedi Shadow will begin to play their animations when used, and then decide mid way through that you don't actually want to backstab someone, and cancel themselves. The character draws their arm back to stab, then does nothing. This animation gives the false impression that your ability has activated, and also prevents you performing anything else while the game finishes the animation for failing to attack.

- The target nearest enemy command is horribly lacking in any sort of intelligent operation, particularly with regards to what you are looking at. In 'certain other games' where the command works well, it is possible to face directly at a fairly close target and press target nearest in order to immediately select that target, regardless of what you currently have selected, even if the target you're directly facing is not necessarily the closest target to you in absolute distance. In TOR target nearest seems determined to cycle through everything in the vicinity in distance order, while paying little attention to what you are directly facing. If i turn to face a mob 10 meters infront of me, and press target nearest, that means i want to select that mob. Not the mob directly behind me. If there is any directional information used in this function at all right now, then the angles involved are not nearly tight enough.

UI

- Need mods and UI customisation just to begin fixing this monstrocity

- Why does my font size and minimap zoom level reset randomly when i enter certain zones, like the Battle for Illum Flashpoint?

- Why is there no target of target? I mean really?

- UI elements like player names in chat, guild names, names on the /Who screen need to be properly interactive. I should be able to whois someone's name in chat. I should be able to right click a guildie from the guild pane and invite them. I should be able to /who [paramater] instead of bringing up the seperate window and then typing a search term in there. Also half of these windows just plain don't work, like not displaying half your guild.

- Why do i have more usable abilities and items than i have action bar slots to put them on?

- Why is my PvP group disbanded every time we finish a warzone, requiring us all to reinvite and then faff around with group invites to make sure everyone is invited to the same queue, which has a random chance of failing?

- Why can't we reposition the abilities on the companion bar, and why do the 4 abilities chosen for the first visible slots never include the ones we would actually like to see there, like the manually activated long cooldown skills?

- Why can we not remove XP/loot/roll spam from the chat window without removing all useful system messages at the same time?

- Why does the game remove both of my Relics from the action bar every time i level up or respec?

- Numerical timers on abilities to show remaining cooldown, as it's impossible to tell the difference between 1 second and 15 seconds remaining on a long cooldown.

- Why can't we move the UI windows holy hell why can't we move the UI windows and have more than 2 onscreen at the same time.

- Macros.

General gameplay

I'm getting tired, gonna cut this short

- Multiple redundant instanced lifts and pods when moving from world to ship to world. This takes ages, but more annoyingly it requires you to be there running forwards and clicking on lifts and shuttle doors for the entire duration. A flight route across a world that takes a while is not a problem, it's an excuse to make a cup of tea, the current system for travelling between worlds on the otherhand is a monotonous chore.

- You can replace that entire section about control with a note saying "Controls currently a terrible, unresponsive, clumsy, barely usable steaming pile that should be thrown out and completely redone".

- Needs a working LFG system that people will use

- World PvP design currently discourages people from grouping because a group cannot use their companions

- Actually scratch that last one, there isn't any world PvP anyway

- **** huttball

- I'll do some more if i'm still drunk in the morning

These are the things I'd like to see implemented in the future:

1. Toggle of keybinding text (I know where I put them and it just looks more clean without the actual text on each button).

2. Target of target (at least for PvE) - when everyone is cluttered at the same spot, it would be nice with a fairly easy indication of who is tanking the mob instead of checking your healthbar all the time.

3. Resize, scale, move and hide/show each element of the interface. A mouseover hide/show would be lovely for the top menu and the left/right actionbars. Again, if you keybind stuff, there is no need for a visual indication and it prevents cluttering.

4. An option for view distance on grass. Only getting 10-15 meter of grass is a bit low and everything beyond that just looks like textures from the 90's in a repeatable pattern.

5. Hide Helmet that works with hoods/robes as well. I didnt pick my awesome hairstyle to hide it away.

Below is my wish list - no order of importance or priority.

1. the ability to /random or /roll - in most raiding situations and there is a master looting, having the ability to /random or /roll is necessary to decide the winner of an item.

2. combat log

3. /instance info ability to see ALL of your lockouts, not just raid lockouts

4. A "Are you sure you want to buy this" option when viewing items on a vendor, how many have miss clicked and accidentally bought something? I bet if you looked at the open tickets for specifically this issue, it would be in the thousands.

5. The ability to sell back an item for the purchased price when an item is accidentally purchased (most games have a 30 min window)

6. The ability to hand an item to a member of a raid or group if an item happens to be miss rolled on an item or the item was miss awarded.

7. Along with a, "Need" or "Greed" or "Dismantle" option - It would be nice to have a "Companion" option so people that want an item for their companion. This fixes the problem with people needing on an item specifically for their companion when someone in the group actually NEEDS the item.

8. Customizable UI - Biggest one is being able to move your hot bars around or put things in different areas. The chat window is the only thing that I am aware that can be moved.

9. Last, but not least - Target of Targets Target! - OMG - this would be so helpful, especially with me as a tank.

Really what needs to be done - is hire someone to do nothing but work on the obvious NEEDS of this game before people get fed up, frustrated and quit. There are alot of nay sayers that will say, "well quit then" however I think that is the wrong attitude about obvious problems that need fixed.

What about some slots for us to drag gear into that overlaps our armor?

maybe some way to color our gear aswell so we can costumize it a bit?

Yeah they need to have someone saying yes we are reviewing what the community wants. At least some kind of confirmation.

i saw a mod linking to this thread so...... yeah

Edited by DragonFlyM
added qoute, don't wanna doublepost XD

My wish list-

1) Items that you put in Cargo Hold goes into the right stack so I do not have to manually do it.

2) When doing crafting missions I would like the stuff to go directly into the bank not my bags. Please give us this option.

3) Pathing for melee companions- I have no idea why but if you play a caster class the melee companions just stand around or if you hit the attack a certain mob they just stand there like "what you want me to do something?"

4) Sell are grey button would be nice when I am at the merchant.

5) Getting knocked off a speeder by a mob I understand but I just lay there as I get violated and my companion did not get summoned is the most annoying ( I have noticed this most so far on Balmora every time I port or get on a elevator I am re-summoning that companion (32-36 area)

6) Cost to repair- you give us 2 man Heroic area but for us that want to try it and don't succeed the cost to repair is out of whack, I can not even imagine how much its gonna cost at 50.

7) The cost to train is also a issue I am picking abilities and it takes all my monies just to train! I understand money sinks but you gave us such a wonder crafting system and I can not even utilize it because I am so broke even with running around mining stuff myself.

8) Ok the next I will try to explain I play a Jedi and the combat moves feel so tight. like I hit the button to use but it does not use it I have to hit it twice to get it off I hope this one makes sense but no other way to describe it..and I still have no idea what focus does yet I see it stacking and I think it makes some moves usable but I can it full and all moves usable but its so confusing...

9) Appearance tab please

Ok that is all I can think of so far ...

Here is what I want

1) When you group up with a set of three others for a four-man heroic and they cannot share the quests because of "pre-requisite" quests." You should either

1)give a substantially minimal XP for the pre-requisite quest if you group up with someone to do the one after.

or

2) If there is a pre-requisite quest for something within that second quest have a note that says

"you must complete "Quest name" in order to be eligible"

I was working with a group on Balmorra on a four man quest soley based on the fact not a single soul wanted to group on that planet (Seems for an MMO things are anti social) and it was for Mandalorian Terror

They couldn't share the quest because ineligible.... why was I ineligible?

"It must be a pre-requisite quest you need"

Ok what's the pre-requisite quest.

"I don't have any flipping clue what it was There have been SO many I can't keep track of any of it and i have NO idea where it may have even come from"

So I missed out on the XP of the quest aside from killing a bunch of elites and I missed out on a title unlocking.

IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE PRE-REQUISITE QUESTS TELL US WHAT AND WHERE THEY ARE FOUND.

Dual Spec is for the babies who want to dual wield as a tank. Not needed and really misses the point of how you cannot change spec mid game as it states right from the start.

What about some slots for us to drag gear into that overlaps our armor?

maybe some way to color our gear aswell so we can costumize it a bit?

i saw a mod linking to this thread so...... yeah

We all have I think. But I was meaning actual confirmation in this thread they are gonna do something. Cuz of yet we havnt really seen any of these suggestions in the upcoming 1.1 patch really.

Besides that, if its gonna take them several months to fix these minor issues and grant some wanted and necessary wishes then they can count me out and ill just play Diablo 3.

Have a 'Stop Tracking Quest' button or 'Untrack All'.

In your quest log, click the circle next to the quest. That stops tracking. There is also a "Track" button in your log below the quest description after you click a specific quest.

There is also an option in the preferences to show/hide map objective markers for untracked quests. So you can stop tracking it, and still have the map remind you there is a quest objective near you as you drive by so you consider stopping and knocking it out.

We all have I think. But I was meaning actual confirmation in this thread they are gonna do something. Cuz of yet we havnt really seen any of these suggestions in the upcoming 1.1 patch really.

Besides that, if its gonna take them several months to fix these minor issues and grant some wanted and necessary wishes then they can count me out and ill just play Diablo 3.

I don't know about Bioware, but Blizzard's official stance when they had a suggestion forum (they got rid of it for some reason) was to never comment in a suggestion thread. They said "we read them" but their legal team had some reason for them to never actually post in them.

As such, I think the closest we will probably get to a response is for them to sticky the thread.

As for acknowledgment, they have already said that dual spec within your AC is coming very soon, and that they are working on guild ships although those are further out. They have also said substantial UI changes are incoming, including a lot more customization. They have said they will reconsider allowing third-party addons after we see how their stock customization works.

This guy amazes me. The game isn't even a month old and already he's basically saying

"**** it the game doesnt have what i want immidiately im not willing to stick it out"

give the game a chance maybe?

This guy amazes me. The game isn't even a month old and already he's basically saying

"**** it the game doesnt have what i want immidiately im not willing to stick it out"

give the game a chance maybe?

So you'd rather he pay $15 a month for an indeterminable amount of time until the game is raised to his standards during which he might not even be enjoying the experience?

It must be nice to have extra disposable income to spend on un0enjoyable entertainment.

I would also like to point out on this forum of wishlists is

When it errors out due to ERROR 9000. in the middle of an FP when i log back in do not put me in a black hole screen where i fall and die. and do not give me death penalties because it is out of my control and I die anyways because the game doesn't know to put me back where i was

Seems this black hole instant death after lag out only happens in FP's

fix it

So you'd rather he pay $15 a month for an indeterminable amount of time until the game is raised to his standards during which he might not even be enjoying the experience?

It must be nice to have extra disposable income to spend on un0enjoyable entertainment.

what i'm saying is MMO's at the first month are never smooth, and people seem to always forget that and would rather bail.

Do you really think diablo 3 is gonna go smooth at l;aunch? Doubtful