Welcome to Sesame Street KOTFE

Denerio

I am not complaining about it, I am simply stating the fact that you are wrong, and it will not stop the complaints on these forums because it is not changing the reason why people need on gear they don't really need.

They need because they are greedy SOBs and that fact will always remain so there will always be complaints about it as long as the need/greed system is in place.

Andryah, I usually agree with your posts, but he's right. I don't expect the change in Companion gearing to have any chilling effect on needless Need rolls for loot. Few of the "Ninjas" I've encountered even bother trying to excuse their behavior by hiding behind their Companions any longer.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody will be complaining about greedy SOBs rolling need for companions.

Case closed, on a long standing and popular complaint in the forums since launch, where companions are concerned.

Your attempt to bait and switch is off topic and off the mark. It's a separate issue entirely... take it to the appropriate thread.

You were the one that brought it up. I was merely responding to your incorrect assertion.

Andryah, I usually agree with your posts, but he's right. I don't expect the change in Companion gearing to have any chilling effect on needless Need rolls for loot. Few of the "Ninjas" I've encountered even bother trying to excuse their behavior by hiding behind their Companions any longer.

I had one flat out tell me he needed the money, because he knew he couldn't pull that with me having seen his companions and him fully geared.

Yeah, they don't care, that won't change.

Yeah.. I think for many.. he's going to be in perpetual exile... complete with boot marks all over his backside. :D

which reminds me.. we need the ability to blow companions out the airlocks of our ships with 4.0... me thinks. :p

And Quinn... My god has he got something coming....

My point was, and is: the perpetual complaining in the forums about players rolling need for their companions is severely nerfed with this change. It's been a sore point for many in this game since day one.

People rolling need anyways.. for whatever reasons.... indeed will never go away... and is off topic to this thread.

You were the one that brought it up. I was merely responding to your incorrect assertion.

No, what you did was change the topic so you could crab walk a complaint about how loot is/is-not managed by mechanics in this game.

You went off topic to make a point that is... off topic.

Edited by Andryah

Nobody will be complaining about greedy SOBs rolling need for companions.

Case closed, on a long standing and popular complaint in the forums since launch, where companions are concerned.

Your attempt to bait and switch is off topic and off the mark. It's a separate issue entirely... take it to the appropriate thread.

Sadly untrue, many times when called on, ninjas say flat out. "I "NEED" money so i roll need!" (They sell it for the paltry 5000 credits i guess...)

Sadly untrue, many times when called on, ninjas say flat out. "I "NEED" money so i roll need!" (They sell it for the paltry 5000 credits i guess...)

EXCEPT.. I never claimed it would remove need rolling. I stated that it removes one of the biggest gripes about need rollers since day one of this game ----> rolling need for companions. ;) That is a good thing.

Some people will roll need simply to grief others..... but that is off topic too.

Edited by Andryah

No, what you did was change the topic so you could crab walk a complaint about how loot is/is-not managed by mechanics in this game.

You went off topic to make a point that is... off topic.

No, you brought it up, I have no complaints about how the gear system works and never had. If someone ninja's I request lead and put it on master looter, then make sure the people that need gear get it first. After that, it's random distribution and if anyone doesn't like it they can leave, I'll find a replacement.

Exactly.

This is an excellent move.

Also.. it should largely eliminate the perpetual forum complaints about people rolling need on drops for their companions.

So instead people will roll need for alts, since all main stats are being compressed into mastery and therefore applicable to every class.

You aren't eliminating them, just shifting the cause.

that's not me complaining, that's me explaining to you what will happen.

Well this thread blew up quick.

I honestly, can't wait until a rogue MMO comes along, ditches the Trinity (Heal, DPS, Tank) and reinvents MMORPGs once and for all. Every MMORPG under the radar plays it safe and keeps the trinity intact, never innovating beyond WoW.

So this year, Steam's summer sale featured a minigame called Monster Game. Monster Game is a clicker game, you just click your left mouse button to bring down health of an enemy. This tiny minigame is a proof of concept that modern MMORPGs have been reduced to glorified clicker games. Look at it for yourself; monster game in action: (skip to 2minutes18seconds)

What you see in that video is essentially what an MMORPG is today. In that clicker game you have to balance between, damage per click, damage per second, health points, and usable items. (items are further broken down into credits per click, health over time, damage over time, and miscellaneous) THIS is essentially the MMO Trinity. You have to sponge damage, have to have a max health pool to be alive when heal items are used and you have to balance between the type of damage you dish out. Clicker games like Steam's Monster Game and Clicker Heroes utilize a spinoff of the MMO Trinity.

MMORPGs are glorified clicker games, like cookie clicker. Someone sponges all the damage while DPS click away and a healer makes sure everyone is able to continue clicking, that's the MMO Trinity and clicker games have it all. The popularity, wide appeal and spread of clicker games should be insulting to MMORPG developers. CLicker games are replacing MMORPGs for a lot of people.

Edited by Falensawino

No, you brought it up, I have no complaints about how the gear system works and never had. If someone ninja's I request lead and put it on master looter, then make sure the people that need gear get it first. After that, it's random distribution and if anyone doesn't like it they can leave, I'll find a replacement.

that's not me complaining, that's me explaining to you what will happen.

Since you are able to quote... maybe LEARN TO READ. My statement was in context of companions, and only companions. You chose to derail it to make an off-topic point.

Well this thread blew up quick.

I honestly, can't wait until a rogue MMO comes along, ditches the Trinity (Heal, DPS, Tank) and reinvents MMORPGs once and for all. Every MMORPG under the radar plays it safe and keeps the trinity intact, never innovating beyond WoW.

So this year, Steam's summer sale featured a minigame called Monster Game. Monster Game is a clicker game, you just click your left mouse button to bring down health of an enemy. This tiny minigame is a proof of concept that modern MMORPGs have been reduced to glorified clicker games. Look at it for yourself; monster game in action: (skip to 2minutes18seconds)

What you see in that video is essentially what an MMORPG is today. In that clicker game you have to balance between, damage per click, damage per second, health points, and usable items. (items are further broken down into credits per click, health over time, damage over time, and miscellaneous) THIS is essentially the MMO Trinity. You have to sponge damage, have to have a max health pool to be alive when heal items are used and you have to balance between the type of damage you dish out. Clicker games like Steam's Monster Game and Clicker Heroes utilize a spinoff of the MMO Trinity.

MMORPGs are glorified clicker games, like cookie clicker. Someone sponges all the damage while DPS click away and a healer makes sure everyone is able to continue clicking, that's the MMO Trinity and clicker games have it all. It should be insulting to MMORPG developers, the popularity and wide appeal of clicker games, they are replacing MMORPGs for a lot of people.

Oddly enough I came from a "clicker game" to here lol. That being said, I do believe that is a whole other genre of mmo and not a replacement. Those kind of games have been around since mmos have I believe. They are certainly not just popping up all of a sudden.

Edit: Oops massive case of jumping to a conclusion as to what kind of game you were talking about. That's even more clickier than

which was a simple click to target and move/attack game. Edited by Bobs_YourUncle

Thank god that gearing companions is now going to be done. I couldn't stand that part. Wasting my commendations on them. smh.

It's not "dumbed down" it makes it more fun because you can focus on YOU and not the other things and just have more fun :)

I swear some people are hard wired to just be completely negative and bias towards something because there are key words they do not like.

MMORPGs are glorified clicker games, like cookie clicker. Someone sponges all the damage while DPS click away and a healer makes sure everyone is able to continue clicking, that's the MMO Trinity and clicker games have it all. The popularity and wide appeal of clicker games should be insulting to MMORPG developers. CLicker games are replacing MMORPGs for a lot of people.

How exciting for them.

I am happy that we do not have to gear the companions

What will be interesting is to see what the default look for our companions will be if we do not put armor shells on them.

I wonder if they will take on their classic appearance (ie: the default gear they came with) or if they will be running around in under garments. :)

Collections is going to come in really handy though.. regardless. And no credit overhead for switching outfits since we don't have to swap mods moving forward.

This is the only reason i would ever dust off my one and only smuggler... (femsmuggler voice makes me want to jam pencils in my ears to stop the awful voice)

But yeah yay no more Tharan The Pacifist Cedrax... he can wander off and get lost on his quest to try to build Holiday an actual body to boink...

i liked her voice, especially as a cather....was very fitting with many of the sarcastic responses :(

Could be worse, in Everquest 1 you could give your pets weapons and shields and whatnot that went poof when the pet died or you zoned...

(When it died or you changed zones you had to summon a new one, and you needed reagents to summon, no more bone chips in your inventory? No skeleton for you!)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Zakuul Day

Sweepin' the outlander away

On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,

How to get to Zakuul Street

Come and play

Blasting the fake sun away

Zakuul knights are there

That's where we meet

Can you tell me how to get

Can you tell me how to get,

How to get to Zakuul Street...

How to get to Zakuul Street....

I, for one, am thrilled. I hated gearing companions, especially at the end. And I wasn't fond of the end game companion armour and I'm not that crazy about most of the orange gear. I actually like the looks of the green stuff better (esp. for companions). It gives me a chance to mix it up once in a while too in terms of who I take. Besides, it's not like companion stats really matter. PvE is easy enough that you don't have aug (I've never aug'd any of my companions) and you can't use them in PvP so really the only time it comes up is in world PvP. Which hardly ever happens anyway. I'd waaaaaay rather have a billion more outfitting options then have to decide between cookie cutter looks or just living with crap stats because I like the outfit.

this game just keeps getting dumbed down to the point of no return. Let's talk companions with the expansion. Now the stats are meaningless with the gear you equip on them and they scale with your character. To me gearing up my companions was something fun to do and to equip the proper stats on them to make them stronger. Now everyone can just have ezmode companions without a spec of thought going into it except for what they look like. They are totally taking away every bit of depth this game had left in it. What about presence? Is that stat a total loss now too?

+ one