"In KOTFE, Lana Beniko does indeed become a full blown companion."

kharathos

So let's start the companion questions and hopefully see some answers by Eric with this one. As we saw and heard in the livestream and I quote:

"It's absolutely true, we can totally confirm it.........In KOTFE, Lana Beniko does indeed become a full blown companion."

But we also heard that we are keeping the original companions we had as part of our class but get specific companions during KOTFE.

So can Eric/Bioware confirm that "full blown companion" in relation to Lana actually means only during the KOTFE story and we don't get her as a permanent companion (Like Treek/HK) outside of KOTFE or do we get to have her after it all? Considering my Dark Jedi romanced her in Forged Alliances/SOR, it would be awesome to have her permanently given their relationship etc, not just be with her in KOTFE.

And I guess another follow on question would be do we get to keep any companion not native to our class companions after/outside of KOTFE besides the special companions like Niko/Treek/HK?

If I had to guess, I think they meant that there are most likely companions who will join you permanently, and companions who are guests and only join you temporarily. Lana seems to be like one of the former. Somebody like Satele Shan or Darth Marr would probably be the latter. A temporary companion could be story relevant, but probably wouldn't do things like craft for you.

So let's start the companion questions and hopefully see some answers by Eric with this one. As we saw and heard in the livestream and I quote:

"It's absolutely true, we can totally confirm it.........In KOTFE, Lana Beniko does indeed become a full blown companion."

But we also heard that we are keeping the original companions we had as part of our class but get specific companions during KOTFE.

So can Eric/Bioware confirm that "full blown companion" in relation to Lana actually means only during the KOTFE story and we don't get her as a permanent companion (Like Treek/HK) outside of KOTFE or do we get to have her after it all? Considering my Dark Jedi romanced her in Forged Alliances/SOR, it would be awesome to have her permanently given their relationship etc, not just be with her in KOTFE.

And I guess another follow on question would be do we get to keep any companion not native to our class companions after/outside of KOTFE besides the special companions like Niko/Treek/HK?

She'll act just like a companion, you'll probably have conversations with her (And hopefully we'll get more companion quests for the newbies). And you will only be with her in KOTFE and beyond since she only exists as your companion at that point. Think of her like if you et MK-4X on Shadaar before you go to taris, when you go to Tari and do the quests, he'll have no reaction as story wise he isn't apart of your crew yet. In otherwords, you'll have her mechanic wise for the whole game, but you'll only have her story-wise for KOTFE and beyond.

KotFE is a bubble reality.

You have the instance where the weekly chapters exist, and then you'll have the instance where the game / default companions are.

Unconfirmed by anyone. But if true, that would be one ugly design, story focus/immersion my butt...

Unconfirmed by anyone. But if true, that would be one ugly design, story focus/immersion my butt...

Its not so much a bubble as it is a divide between pre and post KOTFE timelines.

So everything going forward after the 5 year time-skip will be the new timeline with the new companions, etc.

Old planets, dailies, content, etc. are pre-time-skip. So going back to do your old Makeb dailies or whatever will be treated as pre-KOTFE, where none of your decisions have been made yet, and with all your old companions still intact, etc

Edited by Terro_Fett

Its not so much a bubble as it is a divide between pre and post KOTFE timelines.

So everything going forward after the 5 year time-skip will be the new timeline with the new companions, etc.

Old planets, dailies, content, etc. are pre-time-skip. So going back to do your old Makeb dailies or whatever will be treated as pre-KOTFE, where none of your decisions have been made yet, and with all your old companions still intact, etc

No, they didn't said that. You're extrapolating and making assumptions. It IS possible it may be solved like this, but don't state it as a fact.

So you get your Lana, but WHERE IS THERON SHAN? If they can confirm that Lana is a comp, then they should TELL ME WHERE IS THERON and is he still dumping my Assassin? (BW traumatized me with that and I demand compensation). I'm tired of my guys not getting any before they meet Cytharat (the King of Anti-Climax) and then Theron (not much to tell to children about that either, and if you are Imp your heart will be broken beyond repair).

:mad:

How many sleepless nights I must have because of this and how many nightmares of forced Lana Beniko? I'm seriously worked up here. Have some mercy.

So you get your Lana, but WHERE IS THERON SHAN? If they can confirm that Lana is a comp, then they should TELL ME WHERE IS THERON and is he still dumping my Assassin? (BW traumatized me with that and I demand compensation). I'm tired of my guys not getting any before they meet Cytharat (the King of Anti-Climax) and then Theron (not much to tell to children about that either, and if you are Imp your heart will be broken beyond repair).

How many sleepless nights I must have because of this and how many nightmares of forced Lana Beniko? I'm seriously worked up here. Have some mercy.

The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Theron is in fact dead. For them to say anything about it would be a huge spoiler, but yeah he dies.

You're not forced to flirt with Lana! So you're safe from that :)

The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Theron is in fact dead. For them to say anything about it would be a huge spoiler, but yeah he dies.

This mean person should be rolled in tar and feathers. With Lana Beniko. I will continue live in happy denial where Theron Shan is alive.

This mean person should be rolled in tar and feathers. With Lana Beniko. I will continue live in happy denial where Theron Shan is alive.

lol. Nah but really, there's obviously a big spoiler involved. He's either going to make a grand entrance after months of everyone wondering where he is, or he's dead, or they will say he's dead, but never show his death and therefore come back sometime later in keeping with all the "deaths" in SW. I can't wait to see what they do with him lol. I'm betting he's one of the favorite characters.

screw theron, where is Satele shan? You know, a character that actually has the power to do stuff without a huge intelligence resource stashed away as a plot device somewhere? Its this thing called the force. Edited by Faardor

screw theron, where is Satele shan? You know, a character that actually has the power to do stuff without a huge intelligence resource stashed away as a plot device somewhere? Its this thing called the force.

Sorry man. Its only fair that Satele dies here. The Sith poster boy died long ago, fair is fair. :rak_01:

Sorry man. Its only fair that Satele dies here. The Sith poster boy died long ago, fair is fair. :rak_01:

Which Sith poster boy? Marr is still alive and well from the current data we know. Most likely leading the imperial remnant.

Which Sith poster boy? Marr is still alive and well from the current data we know. Most likely leading the imperial remnant.

The actual Sith that was on all the posters for the game, the one and only Malgus. Not that I'm resentful of losing my favorite Sith or anything, but Marr will never replace Malgus. ALL HAIL MALGUS.

The last time we saw him yesterday and his ship was attacked by the eternal empire(chapter 1). We also saw him in chains in front of valkorian in the gamescom trailer.(likely the scene after his ship was attacked by the eternal empire) some time after this scene we get frozen in carbonite and freed by Lana. Lana only frees us and not Marr, so I wouldn't be that sure that he still lives.

Edited by hanebuch

The last time we saw him yesterday and his ship was attacked by the eternal empire(chapter 1). We also saw him in chains in front of valkorian in the gamescom trailer.(likely the scene after his ship was attacked by the eternal empire) some time after this scene we get frozen in carbonite and freed by Lana. Lana only frees us and not Marr, so I wouldn't be that sure that he still lives.

We also saw him in a screenshot which was him standing on the bridge of a ship overlooking what I imagine was the imperial remnant

Also Malgus only wishes he was half the tactical genius Marr is. Well he would be if he wasn't DEAD. Another flaw with Malgus is, is that he is power hungry, Marr doesn't have that flaw.

edit: I should also say that ive read that they are making him a companion and I doubt they'd do that for him if he was only present for one, maybe two chapters.

Edited by Faardor

This is a 100% illogical assumption since nothing else in the game has been like that.

I don't know why people are jumping to conclusions about KOTFE so hard. Literally all it is is more story. If you aren't locked into not doing old content after you do Makeb or SOR, you aren't going to be locked from doing old content after KOTFE.

The one exception is that we'll be barred from completing unfinished class stories/possibly planetary arcs, but they have repeatedly said you'll be able to go back and visit old planets, do old quests, etc.

This is a story based game. If you're level 40 and go back to a level 20 planet you're technically "time traveling", same as going from KOTFE to any pre-KOTFE content.

Nowhere else in the game do they take away companions based on what planet/quest you're on, so...

Edited by Beltane

We also saw him in a screenshot which was him standing on the bridge of a ship overlooking what I imagine was the imperial remnant

In the new trailer you also see a fleet of imperial and republic ships fighting against the eternal empire. Imo this is the fleet you are seeing in the screenshots. It would also make more sense to show images from the first few chapters instead of late game screenshots.