[Bug] GSF is broken again: weapons are deselected on many ships.

DakhathKilrathi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I am new to SWTOR I just started playing 3 months ago, I came here after growing tired of the PVP on LOTRO where I have 2 lifetime accounts and never have to pay again. I decided after many years of resisting the urge to try this game to check it out. Very quickly I decided to get a subscription and buy the xpac just for the story, I figured I would cancel my monthly sub after the month and play pref status now and then when I was bored of LOTRO. Then I started trying the PVP and it was a lot of fun and then i tried GSF. Well at first i was obviously horrible but I kept at it and played a bit more and now I am hooked. I used to play Tie fighter/Xwing as a kid on PC and had missed those games for 20 years and now I was playing the PVP version and I thought this was the best thing ever. This is what has made me spend 120 bucks on this game already in 3 months after not paying for my MMO play time in well over 5 years (as I mentioned I have 2 lifetime VIP memberships with lotro one time payments) What really worries me is this is a fragile community I have already witnessed a high turn over of players on my server in the few short months I have been playing GSF (not even 2 mths since I first tried GSF) and there seem to be a few bugs that I have also not mentioned here. The one bug I have (and this also happens with warzones) is I will have randomly I will have no OPS chat option when I am in group and at the top of the screen where it says YOUR TEAM (in green) it will list the enemies score and my teams score is on the red. It is like it thinks I am on the other team not allowing me to converse with my ops group but in the end the scores go to the right places on the leader boards but it is annoying I can not talk to group and for new players this would be so darn confusing and could really hurt the chances of them trying again. The same thing can be said about this component bug. It is bad enough when you are new to GSF you are bound to be horrible your ships are junk and you are going to lose bad already, but now you don't have any weapons and you would not even understand that you were bugged and then likely they wont want to play anymore either. Like someone else mentioned above you really do not want to hurt a community like this in your game, GSF adds a side to the game you do not get in many MMOs and though that is obviously why it is not that popular it still giving you a player base that might bore of the regular MMO aspects but stick around for their GSF (I know I fall into this category) PVP keeps bored players in games when they have done the content multiple times the only thing new is ever changing PVP. The reason I left LOTRO was their pvp was going downhill and I have been talking players into coming here too so I really hope you guys start giving some love to GSF. I really suggest you fix the bug and add some ships or levels as well make it more interesting because yes you always need new PVE content but good PVP keeps players from leaving games longer.

Okay I never post in these forums but as one of the top pub GSF'ers on Jedi Cov, it's literally ruined queue there. Good players got sick of it messing up their loadouts (it also messes up the perks on weapon/compnent upgrades too sometimes) and don't queue anymore. Like all of the Ghost guys are gone, don't see any of the good Imps anymore, only a handful of us pubs still put up with it and the only GSF pub guild (Secforce Squadron) is sick of it too.

It's been more than a month and still hasn't been fixed, it is quite a serious problem, especially for those who fly bombers and gunships (I've heard it affects Gunships the worst).

~ Eudoxia

I've had newbies ask why they didn't have any guns as well, and I've gone from hundreds of matches per month to 20 at most.

I've flown one match where none of my ships had primary weapons.

Leaving this bug alone is a really good way to make sure this part of the game dies and stays dead.

It's sad really that they're doing this to GSF. If it was something along the lines in the ground game you can bet it would've been fixed overnight since they know it would basically kill the game.

Happens to me a lot too. If I select a ship with the bug, then select another, the bug will remove the second ship's equivalent slot as well. This has massively decreased the amount I play GSF. It would be awesome if this would be fixed, as this is one of the reasons why I sub.

Yup. Further cnfirmed. And they dont' stay loaded after a match. Go bio or take a break, but recheck your ship before every match.

I used to be one of those 6 hour a day gsf'ers and I have 7 completed ships on one of my toons... but seriously folks. And since nobody is queuing, it'll go the way of the other space pve, which Bio seems ot have completely abandoned. I don't understand this build it and abandon it concept.

Since 3.3.2 came out, I've seen more instances where the component is still selected but the level 4 and 5 upgrades become de-selected. For example:

http://i.imgur.com/3K6tyAx.jpg

I had already purchased all the upgrades for this component, but somehow both left and right options of the level 4 and 5 upgrades are de-selected. This is really annoying because I have to click through dozens of things every time I log in.

I had seen this type of problem before 3.3.2 as well, but not as frequently. So if there was a fix in 3.3.2, it did not do the job and may have made some things worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Still broken.

I don't know if they tried to fix the missing components bug and failed or what, but even if you have all of your components, you might be missing upgrades on any component that has an upgrade tree (that is, any major component).

It looks like this when it happens, and yes, you have to check every time you log in. Still.

Community team, can we please get some kind of update?

• 1 month later...
I believe I have found the reasons why this is occurring. With the virtual elimination of GSF and the reduction of crafting to a single item per week in Conquests, the only viable method to earn points will be Ground PvP. Thus, getting more people in the quene - making it "better than cross-server."