Get rid of Legacy Gear.

Enriquezarmy

Start or join a late night raiding guild. There's bound to be people in the same boat as you, I am in a guild that raids from 10 pm to 1 am in the region I am in. Obviously people on your server are still raiding at that time as well, or you wouldn't be able to join PUGs.

That is true I think I am going to have to do that and try running OPS with classic style loot rules you roll for your current toon and one item per person, but I think it's going to be hard to find people willing to go with those rules with whats on fleet nowadays.

Is OP expecting people to raid with him and gain nothing for doing so because they already got gear on whatever toon they are using?

It doesnt matter if they take their well geared character and roll on loot, or their low geared toon and roll for loot. Your chances of getting loot will remain the same either way. Actually you have more chances on getting loot, since they are using legacy gear, and therefor need less tokens to gear their characters.

I should know, I have 20 characters in my legacy on one server and use legacy gear to do operations and help my guildies gear. I need less tokens than them because I have invested on legacy gear i can use on multiple characters in my legacy. And yes, I gain nothing but comms for helping them gear. I would not do this for pugs however, as they seem to expect some players to go in without getting anything in return.

1 token a face is fair for everyone and respects every raiders time and effort.

You are right that one piece per is fair and I agree, but MainHand rolls are my issue a lot of Guilds and PUGS leave that out of the "1 Item set piece per rule" and have it on "MH is free roll" meaning most of the time your rolling against 7 other people. I mean after all who doesn't want a MH for all their toons I don't blame them. But you see my dilema with over time rolling weekly against 7 people not getting the 1 last thing I need and It being placed on the last boss fight.

One option BW could do is disable the Need option if the main hand or any other legacy gear that drops isn't for the character your playing.

For example if your playing an assassin or shadow and a main hand blaster pistol drops, when the assassin or shadow makes a choice their only options are greed or pass, need would be disabled for them, only the classes that use the main hand can need.

Could also take it a step further if possible that once you need in a main hand and win it, if you run the ops again and it drops again, it recognizes you've won it and need is locked out as a choice.

OMG THIS EXACTLY! it's the same thing WOW did with like gems and schematics make then GREED ONLY if you already knew the schematic!

Besides Mono, no Op drops MH assembled pieces. Unless you are suggesting that god awful system we had before where you couldn't even trade.

Also, people do gearing runs for a toon so this just silly. Loot system is fine if you set rules down. Gear is only needed for progressing upwards in Ops difficulty not just to have it unless you want to buy a run. If you want to get gear join a guild or team that will gear it up. If you are just here to pug SM 186 gear is fine enough. Heck 180 is.

I hate these posts as it reeks I don't like something and it doesn't work in my favor so let's make it mess with everyone else loot systems. I make my MH free roll in all my runs. :rak_03:

Your MH free roll is the problem. 8 people rolling on an item 6/8 already have but 2 need. Needing meaning do not have it at all.

Your argument for keeping Legacy gear for UL pugs and finding groups faster shows you never played THIS MMO before legacy gear was introduced nor an MMO that doesn't have it like World of Warcraft. Let's be honest about this MMO it IS WOW with Star Wars Skin hell just announced the Sorcs/Sages are getting Bubble + Move. Next its gonna be Bubble hearth! Yes getting rid of legacy gear would force players to gear their toons properly BEFORE entering Operations giving US a reason to run Flashpoints again. As for strutting around on fleet that's what we all do anyway but mostly my reasons for wanting a full set of SM gear is to be able to help my Guild/Friends/Family when they need me whether it be SM Content or HM.

I can't even comprehend what you are trying to say.

As I said join a guild and ear yourselves up. All I hear is I can't do this simple thing and want all the loots for myself. I don't even know what your diatribe is about with Wow, Sorcs, and cramp. No Legacy ironically allows me to keep all my PTs geared thus reducing what I roll on. Your idea would increase it. But please continue the QQ

My Op rules. I make it clear beforehand. You can leave right there. No one has complained so far.

Been trying it your way for 6 months obviously there is an issue or I wouldn't make a thread. For the first month doing the ops fine blame it on bad random rolls, after 6 months that's when it no longer becomes fun and why I would leave this game. I play this game to relax and have a good time and win some gear etc. not put up with everyone rolling for their 22 alts on server. like it has already been suggested mabe Legacy doesn't need to be taken away maybe just have it to where if you ARE rolling for an alt NEED won't be an option for you to click and so forth.

I can't even comprehend what you are trying to say.

As I said join a guild and ear yourselves up. All I hear is I can't do this simple thing and want all the loots for myself. I don't even know what your diatribe is about with Wow, Sorcs, and cramp. No Legacy ironically allows me to keep all my PTs geared thus reducing what I roll on. Your idea would increase it. But please continue the QQ

You just proved my point having NO legacy gear wouldn't hinder you from gearing your toons and reduces what you roll on, allowing other players to get gear they need. Good Job <clap>! so why keep it? convenience that's the only argument I am hearing. We did it before Legacy gear we can do it after Legacy gear and it is much fairer to the player population.

You just proved my point having NO legacy gear wouldn't hinder you from gearing your toons and reduces what you roll on, allowing other players to get gear they need. Good Job <clap>! so why keep it? convenience that's the only argument I am hearing. We did it before Legacy gear we can do it after Legacy gear and it is much fairer to the player population.

Well good luck convincing BW and any sane person. GG. Legacy Gear is here to say. You didn't prove anything. 0/10 troll again

Edited by FerkWork

Been trying it your way for 6 months obviously there is an issue or I wouldn't make a thread. For the first month doing the ops fine blame it on bad random rolls, after 6 months that's when it no longer becomes fun and why I would leave this game. I play this game to relax and have a good time and win some gear etc. not put up with everyone rolling for their 22 alts on server.

So, let me get this right...In 6 months - SIX! - you have not thought to take initiative, organise your own run, set your own loot rules and get the piece you want?....yes....yes, legacy gear is the problem here for sure!

/slowclap

• 2 weeks later...
So, let me get this right...In 6 months - SIX! - you have not thought to take initiative, organise your own run, set your own loot rules and get the piece you want?....yes....yes, legacy gear is the problem here for sure!

/slowclap

People Don't want to join runs with classic loot rules, people want to roll for alts etc. I have not been successful getting them together.