Don't take away Nightmare modes!

Anysao

The way I understand it they're not removing the existing ones, simply not adding any for Rav/ToS/Future operations.

...I kind of understand it, there's honestly not that much interest in NiM ops comparatively to warrant the dev and testing time/costs.

Probably the fact that there's only about a dozen guilds that do NiMs (or would once they get scaled to new level cap, anyway), and the cost-benefit analysis of spending the development resources on content that maybe 100 players will clear came out against spending the time to rescale the NiMs?

Now that wouldn't be as much an issue if previous errors (Ravagers exploit LOL, mishandling the transition to disciplines, letting class balance disparity fester to the point of all-BH progression teams, etc) had already driven away large chunks of the hardcore raiding community, but here we are.

I'm just interested in knowing if the centerpiece deco drops that currently drop from NiM only will drop from HMs after 4.0, or if those decos will no longer be obtainable.

Because seriosuly, why have them?

The Ravagers and ToS on hard have the difficulty of the old nightmares - anything more would be simply not doable for all but one, maybe two guilds - don't even try to pretend otherwise.

As long as hard modes will give you rare stuff like nightmares used to give I'm all for it - it means more attention to more pressing matters in this game.

Because I can name maybe two whole guilds on my server, from both Imp and Pub who can farm the hell out of Nightmare mode without breaking a sweat. All other guilds are either still on SM or are doing HM, but are getting roflstomped in HM.

My point: Nightmare really isn't worth the effort if only 1-2 guilds per server, MAYBE, can do and complete nightmare.

Because I can name maybe two whole guilds on my server, from both Imp and Pub who can farm the hell out of Nightmare mode without breaking a sweat. All other guilds are either still on SM or are doing HM, but are getting roflstomped in HM.

My point: Nightmare really isn't worth the effort if only 1-2 guilds per server, MAYBE, can do and complete nightmare.

There is no NiM for RAV/ToS so how can guilds be farming that?:rak_02:

If getting roflstomped in HM please consult Dr.GetGud (seriously my team started in June and already on working on Cora)

What possible reason is there for these things leaving?!

The old nightmares are staying. It's just Bioware won't make new ones. Hard Modes will be the challenge for more pro raiders just like ToS and Ravagers are. Why? Because only about 20 guilds in the whole game were able to do those two operations in HM and how many didn't even try? Nightmares for new operations would be even less popular. There is no point in spending money on a feature that is played by only 100 people. :cool:

There is no NiM for RAV/ToS so how can guilds be farming that?:rak_02:

If getting roflstomped in HM please consult Dr.GetGud (seriously my team started in June and already on working on Cora)

After the raids were nerfed and characters buffed...

Because only about 20 guilds in the whole game were able to do those two operations in HM and how many didn't even try?

Well, maybe they wouldn't have imposed that problem on us, if they didn't out of the blue decide to make hardmode so much harder than it was for, say, the dread ops ...

So now, everybody's pissed off. The top guys because no nightmare mode, the middle guys because no hope of ever finishing HM, the casuals because story mode is too hard MUSTHAVEACHIEVSOMG, and all of us because no new raids.

Very few fights were actually nerfed and most had already beat those ones pre nerf (some in 16m as well). Also, we only recently got 204 for our group. But since most already were close to the top leaderboards on Parsley with 192s so yeah. If you are going to insult my raid group check yourself before you wreck yourself. Edited by FerkWork

They should be removed, only what <1% of the population does them? Even less have completed them?

Most people I know who have completed it either did it months ago or are buying the runs.

This is a good change that will better the majority.

Crazy fact, more players do ranked pvp than HM/NiM ops :)

Crazy fact, more players do ranked pvp than HM/NiM ops :)

Only because you need to show your achivement and have decent gear to go with a HM pug while you can go in naked into a ranked pvp match :p

EDIT: Ok, so not naked but having 2018 expertise is not a proof of anything ;)

Edited by Asheris

What possible reason is there for these things leaving?!

Well, Zorz broke up, so there's part of your reasoning.

Also, outside of Zorz, there are what, maybe 3 or 4 guilds per server capable of fielding a team that can reliably clear NiM content? Seems like a waste of developer time and resources to develop something that less than 1% of the player base will ever be able to reliably clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.