Sith Sith inquisitor

ejbsuperbat

A question, my inquisitor is a Sith pureblood but he was once a slave according to the NPCs and this makes little sense. Sith are never enslaved!

Also, Fhon, another acolyte who challenges you is a Sith and he gets special treatment! I am treated like (and called) filth!

How does this make any sense? If you ask me they should not allow inquisitors to be Sith if it contradicts all of this.

Overseer Harkun explains Ffon's situation when you first meet him: he's aristocracy, but some kind of powerplay has essentially killed/driven into hiding everyone he knows. Note that Ffon himself isn't actually a slave; he just has nowhere else to go but the Academy. The acolyte classes/groups aren't really divided up by what their former life was - Vemrin in the Warrior's story was a former slave, and the Warrior is not. The problem with TOR is that we don't see the social side of the upper echelons of Imperial society, so you don't see the aristocratic families putting out powerful Sith sons and daughters to attempt to further their influence. Think Alderaan, but (nearly) everyone's Force-sensitive.

The Warrior and Inquisitor climb the Sith ranks completely - and dare I say nonsensically - meteorically. The Inquisitor goes from Force-sensitive slave to a member of the Dark Council in a year. A year! As for how they could even end up a slave as a Pureblood... think about it. What's more humiliating than killing the scion of a rival aristocratic family you've otherwise just wiped from history? Forcing them to live on their knees, a slave to your every whim. The Pureblood Inquisitor in that position only ends up on Korriban because the Dark Council has passed an edict saying all Force-sensitives in Imperial space must go there for training to become Sith, as a numbers drive.

The Warrior, on the other hand, seems to be a study in "what would happen if Ffon wasn't killed by Zash?" The Warrior is also obviously aristocratic, but you never ever once in the whole game actually see any family, family friends, or rivals (apart from Vemrin, but he's an Academy rival, not a rival of your family). While the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, it hardly makes sense that the Warrior would go from simply a skilled duelist - evidence of their aristocratic upbringing in that they're already martially skilled by the time they touchdown on Korriban - to the literal embodiment of the Emperor's desire to see people killed in, again, a year's time without SOMEONE you know from your pre-Academy days showing up.

Edited by Diviciacus

Actually, it's far from impossible you were enslaved during your youth.

Circumstances leading to your enslavement (If you were not born a slave) are never touched upon but a Sith Pureblood could totally be a slave.

What if his family was wiped out and the survivors enslaved because of a power-play?

What if a member of his family somehow conspired against the Empire? They are not known for leniency and that kind of disproportionate retribution isn't above them (Enslaving every known relative of the traitor).

You may have been "sold" into slavery to settle a major debt or repay a favor.

You could be the offspring of a dishonored Sith family who was considered worthless until your Force Sensitivy and your potential power was identified.

I agree that an average Sith Pureblood who hasn't any specific background has no reason to be a slave.

But who's to say your dude was an upstanding Imperial citizen who never, ever got into trouble.

EDIT: About the first answer, I believe the class stories actually take place over three years and that every real time year for us is one more year after that. I need confirmation though and three years is still short.

Edited by Leklor

A question, my inquisitor is a Sith pureblood but he was once a slave according to the NPCs and this makes little sense. Sith are never enslaved!

Also, Fhon, another acolyte who challenges you is a Sith and he gets special treatment! I am treated like (and called) filth!

How does this make any sense? If you ask me they should not allow inquisitors to be Sith if it contradicts all of this.

Basically you are supposed to play the Sith Inquisitor as some sort of alien for the story to make the most sense. Just like you are supposed to play Sith warrior as either pureblood or human, because otherwise some dialogue makes zero sense. That's also how it was during beta testing, if I'm informed about that correctly.

But players whined about how they couldn't play a special snowflake pureblood Sith Inquisitor or an alien warrior, hence bioware decided to just enable more races per class, which in turn creates some odd dialogue in places which you'll just have to stomach. This has become increasingly worse since by now you can basically play everything as everything.

Even an Miraluka agent even though a miraluka born in the empire would either be sent to mandatory sith training on korriban or if to weak in the force would be executed and not trained as agent instead.

Basically if you want to play some class as something that doesn't make sense the game will pointedly ignore your lore-breaking choice of race and you'll have to hedcanon something on your own.

Originally, Sith Purebloods weren't allowed to be SI (until you unlocked the species). Only the playerbase kvetching pretty much forced the devs to add Sith Purebloods after the opening of the game.

Just like Warrior was limited to Purebloods, Cyber, Zabrak, and Human (due to the fantastic racism favoritism of lore).

Originally, Sith Purebloods weren't allowed to be SI (until you unlocked the species). Only the playerbase kvetching pretty much forced the devs to add Sith Purebloods after the opening of the game.

Just like Warrior was limited to Purebloods, Cyber, Zabrak, and Human (due to the fantastic racism favoritism of lore).

IIRC The unlocking of species was only added with the legacy system with patch 1.2 after the game was released and you could choose to play a pureblood at the release of the game.

IIRC The unlocking of species was only added with the legacy system with patch 1.2 after the game was released and you could choose to play a pureblood at the release of the game.

This is correct.

Pure Bloods weren't available until fairly late in the Beta for Inquisitors however; same with the Zabrak for Warriors or Chiss for Bounty Hunters. You could only roll a Chiss Imperial Agent.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, the problem we have there, is there is no reason a Pureblood shouldn't be the Inquisitor class. It's the story that makes little sense.

It maybe should have been something they took care of in the beginning. :p If they wanted to limit the Chiss from the force using classes, it could have made a bit of sense, but Purebloods show up as Inquisitors in the game as NPC so players should be there too. They could have just done some dialogue differently for the races.

Well, the problem we have there, is there is no reason a Pureblood shouldn't be the Inquisitor class. It's the story that makes little sense.

It maybe should have been something they took care of in the beginning. :p If they wanted to limit the Chiss from the force using classes, it could have made a bit of sense, but Purebloods show up as Inquisitors in the game as NPC so players should be there too. They could have just done some dialogue differently for the races.

I think it was stated before that only the warrior could be a sith pureblood - but people in the beta complained and here you have it - the most lore-breaking starter race out there :)

Same was with the warrior's title, he/she originally got the "Emperor's Wrath" but people whined "waaah, why does the inquisitor get the cool Darth title and not us, waaah?!" so they both ended with the same ones... :rolleyes:

If you see something stupid in this game it is probably a wish of the playerbase.

I think it was stated before that only the warrior could be a sith pureblood - but people in the beta complained and here you have it - the most lore-breaking starter race out there :)

Same was with the warrior's title, he/she originally got the "Emperor's Wrath" but people whined "waaah, why does the inquisitor get the cool Darth title and not us, waaah?!" so they both ended with the same ones... :rolleyes:

If you see something stupid in this game it is probably a wish of the playerbase.

But he's right, pureblood Inquisitors should be able to be played, because there's literally no reason why a pureblood could not be an inquisitor. The only thing "stupid" about being able to play a pureblood inquisitor is that they didn't go through the trouble of changing a few more lines to reflect a different background (which I guess is because they didn't have enough time left after deciding to allow purebloods).

But he's right, pureblood Inquisitors should be able to be played, because there's literally no reason why a pureblood could not be an inquisitor. The only thing "stupid" about being able to play a pureblood inquisitor is that they didn't go through the trouble of changing a few more lines to reflect a different background (which I guess is because they didn't have enough time left after deciding to allow purebloods).

No a pureblood Inquisitor does not make sense in the given story. The whole story is about the complete underdog of Sith society somehow making it to the very top. And since sith-purebloods are rarely the underdogs in the empire that whorships the very ground they walk on, it makes litle sense to play the story as pureblood.

No a pureblood Inquisitor does not make sense in the given story. The whole story is about the complete underdog of Sith society somehow making it to the very top. And since sith-purebloods are rarely the underdogs in the empire that whorships the very ground they walk on, it makes litle sense to play the story as pureblood.

Whenever I went into the Foundry with my Pure Blood Assassin, it always cracked me up whenever he stated he didn't have a single drop of Pure Sith Blood on his veins.

Again, fully aware Pure Bloods were a late addition since I was there, but the irony is too striking. :D

Which is why they should have taken some time to rewrite the story for a pureblood :p It makes no sense for a pureblood not to be an inquisitor ability wise, just story wise.

From the moment you become Zash's apprentice everyone has specific reasons to hate you that have nothing to do with your background. The only part that doesn't make sense is why Harkun would favor Ffon over you, but an explanation can easily be found, if you only bother to come up with one and have it reflected in the dialogue.

Last I read Twileks couldnt have human babies. So, I guess I read wrong :)

There's so much conflicting information out there that it's hard to sort out! I'm basing it on the family in the Clone Wars with a Twi'lek mother and a human (clone) father and hybrid kids with shorter lekku than pure Twi'leks and unusual skin pigmentation. (either way, it's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it :D )

a pureblood Inquisitor does not make sense in the given story.

in the given story.

Given that a pureblood SI on it's own makes overwhelming sense, it's the story itself that doesn't make sense, and not the pureblood SI. Something the story writers ought to have thought a bit longer on, really.

There's so much conflicting information out there that it's hard to sort out! I'm basing it on the family in the Clone Wars with a Twi'lek mother and a human (clone) father and hybrid kids with shorter lekku than pure Twi'leks and unusual skin pigmentation. (either way, it's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it :D )

They grow up to look like fullblood Twi'leks, just with sort of "human" pigmentation. Twi's are blue, red, green, etc...

All those "pink/fleshtone" Twi's? Got some human in them... including that Twi you see all over Coronet.