Done the Hunter, almost done with Knight: What's next?

Straefer

So I finished the main story line for the Bounty Hunter a few weeks ago and now I'm at the Jedi Knight story about 90% through the first planet of act 2 and I was wondering what story would be a good place to go next.

The Jedi Knight (LS with some DS) story gave me a good feel for an epic tale about good vs. evil, while the Bounty Hunter (almost exclusively LS) story gave me an amazing feel for a mercenary that eventually has to come to terms with the repercussions of his actions working for the Sith Empire (killing Darth Tormen felt amazing, a bit more than the jedi guy, probably because the dude choked my companion).

So I was wondering which Republic story I should go for next between the Smuggler and the Soldier (I tried the male consular, could not stand his voice at all, will side that until a later date with a female character)?

I think you will find a very large difference of opinion on this subject...but here is mine.

Imperial Agent is the best story in my opinion. I think most of the community (at least the one's who have played the agent) will agree on this

Smuggler...I won't say is bad...but seemed slow and just meh.

The remaining Stories (Warrior, Inquisitor, Consular, and Trooper) are probably all about equal in story quality. (Again, just my opinion.)

Good luck, happy gaming and May the Force be with you.

You should really try the Imperial Agent. It has a wide variety to be lightside, neutral, or darkside. I don't think you'd regret it.

Sith Inquisator. Backstory being you were a slave that exhibited force ability so you are thrown into training to either succeed or die, as is the Empires way. This leaves it feasibly open to be lightside if you prefer, or full on darkside sociopath. Pretty good story.

Don't miss out on being the super villain, Sith Warrior.

I personally liked the trooper if you just want to stick with the republic. Military elite officer, with the opportunity to be the iconic wartime hero.

Haven't played the smuggler yet myself, but I have heard its very good and comical.

Female Consular voice is much better. I was the same with the male voice lol, made my only female character for that reason.

You should really try the Imperial Agent. It has a wide variety to be lightside, neutral, or darkside. I don't think you'd regret it.

I agree with this, I started my fourth agent yesterday :tran_smile:

Try the agent story OP, you will see that it is awesome. It can also be a nice change since you already leveled a republic character recently.

If you must choose between a smuggler and a soldier, I suggest a dark side Commando.

Edited by Icestar

So I finished the main story line for the Bounty Hunter a few weeks ago and now I'm at the Jedi Knight story about 90% through the first planet of act 2 and I was wondering what story would be a good place to go next.

The Jedi Knight (LS with some DS) story gave me a good feel for an epic tale about good vs. evil, while the Bounty Hunter (almost exclusively LS) story gave me an amazing feel for a mercenary that eventually has to come to terms with the repercussions of his actions working for the Sith Empire (killing Darth Tormen felt amazing, a bit more than the jedi guy, probably because the dude choked my companion).

So I was wondering which Republic story I should go for next between the Smuggler and the Soldier (I tried the male consular, could not stand his voice at all, will side that until a later date with a female character)?

Having played all stories at least once, I think I could add my 2cents to this thread aswell. Of course, what I write below is personal feeling. For completion, I'll be adding something regarding Imp Side aswell. :)

- Consular: It's ok, all in all, but tbh I had your same issue with the male voicing.

Plus, it starts very slow. Once you get into chapter 2 it becomes more interesting, and it grows from there on. It's a crescendo, mostly, with the most interesting twist being at the end. ;)

- Trooper: Pretty much what you'd expect, though most of the times you'll likely be feeling as the one solving issues others created, rather than a soldier fighting in a war... Or at least, that's my feeling.

You will pretty much be problem solving all the way through Act 1, and will slowly turn to fighting into a war between Act 2 and 3. Still, your Act 1 opponents are all interesting, and I found myself somewhat sympathetic to their reasons, unexpectedly, though not to their methods. :eek:

- Smuggler: I found it a bit underwhelming, but that may depend on the fact I tend to be a lot more serious than the character itself... The jokes and word plays are funny, but tbh I'd have appreciated the chance to be serious without being brutal (I.E. not having a choice between Joke 1, Joke 2 and shooting with your gun or smacking it in the NPC's face most of the times).

The story itself is not bad, though it starts with one of the most shocking WT* moments in the game. After that twists are somewhat less... interesting. The final part also makes you become something entirely different from the smuggler you're at start. I wouldn't have minded that, if the choice wasn't somehow pressed on me.

Still, the story was not bad in itself, I mostly suffered because of what I mentioned. :o

- Sith Warrior: Pretty much what you'd expect aswell, with a story of how you'll go from being a powerful Acolyte to escalate the ranks and becoming one of the ultimately most powerful Sith within the Empire. A couple interesting twists, and some very interesting companions.

Your final opponent is also one of the most satisfying to defeat. :D

- Sith Inquisitor: If you like the stories where you start as the lowliest sort of person and grow in power so much that your past becomes an indication of how much more powerful you are than most, this is the story for you. Besides the fact you're the only Force Sensitive that gets 2 Apprentices, which to me is already a plus as those are usually the most interesting companions, there's also the fact you'll have some very intriguing opponents throughout your story.

Plus, twists are all epic within this story, especially those which reveal your scheming opponents. :cool:

- Imperial Agent: While this is definitely one of the most interesting stories out there, if not the most interesting, there's also the fact that it is tied to all of the others, revealing some informations on what happened behind the curtains. You were attacked by [insert NPC's name here] during another story, without even having a chance to solve the issue talking? You'll likely understand why here.

Nothing too spoiler-y, but once you get to those points you'll realize that the mystery behind some NPCs decision just... vanishes.

I did my best to play this story last, and I have to say it really payed off. Extremely interesting, it has some of the most intriguing repercussions, and it's definitely the one where your decision affect the "game world" the most. ;)

Keep in mind these are my feelings, not something that goes for everyone. Still, have fun in game, hope this was somewhat helpful. ;)

Personally, my favorite stories are BH (which you have completed) and the Agent's. I would add my vote to the others in this thread, for you to roll an agent and take a good look at that story.

My rankings of the story lines:

Bounty Hunter: 7/10, but the BH has some of the most amusing lines and a couple of scenes that were absolutely awesome.

Agent: 9/10. Lots of opportunity to be very good or very, VERY bad. Interesting twists and the whole thing is exceptionally well written.

Warrior: 7/10 While it is mostly predictable, it is also an enjoyable story with some of my favorite companions in the game. (pretty much what a poster above said)

Inquisitor: 5/10 I did not really like it, but it was not horrible. A couple of interesting companions, but I was also hampered by my dislike of the Assassin playstyle.

Smuggler: 8/10 Mostly due to the sarcastic wit of the main character, the story was "OK" but the smart-*** comments made my laugh.

Knight: 7/10 Pretty standard stuff, but the story had some nice fights, and the writer knew how to pace it.

Trooper: 6/10 I love my troopers, but the story is rather "meh" to me. I did enjoy the companions, and I like being able to outfit them all to actually look like an elite squad.

Consular: 0/10 I can not express how much I hated this story. It was poorly written, uninteresting, slow to develop and utterly forgettable. Also, the companions are some of the worst in the game (and Theron is probably the absolute worst companion in any game I have ever played) The only highlight in this pile of garbage is Nadia, who was at least interesting and not a cliche' driven waste of programming.

I would suggest Trooper tbh. It gives you a nice look into the Republic. While Smuggler has a good story (played the dark side with that one and loved it), it felt like it was largely focused on the Smuggler and what they were doing. At the end of the day though, it depends on what exactly you want to play and how you want to play it.

Don't miss out on being the super villain, Sith Warrior.

Just a quick note that although you're definitely able to be a world class A$s$-hat as a Sith Warrior, you can also play it as a reluctant enforcer, serving the Empire and his masters, but only really turning those who truly deserve it into warm piles of goo. :cool:

Some people hate the Consular's story, others love it....

...so obviously it always comes down to personal taste!

But one most people would agree to be possibly THE best of them all is the Imperial Agent, so definitely give that one a try!

If you don't mind playing the mirror class for your JK, give the Sith Warrior a try, it is epic! Especially now with the 12x XP bonus for being a subscriber (due to the new expansion) you should try to play as many stories as possible to get the most out of the game! :)

Some people hate the Consular's story, others love it....

...so obviously it always comes down to personal taste!

But one most people would agree to be possibly THE best of them all is the Imperial Agent, so definitely give that one a try!

If you don't mind playing the mirror class for your JK, give the Sith Warrior a try, it is epic! Especially now with the 12x XP bonus for being a subscriber (due to the new expansion) you should try to play as many stories as possible to get the most out of the game! :)

Absolutely

The JC and SI stories can be wanting, Trooper is so-so but if you like those kinds of characters, by all means play them.

My personal recommendation is Sith Warrior story (actually just the Sith ones). For Star Wars, they can be downright Shakespearean at times. The boss fights never get old, especially in Chapter 3.

I definitely add my voice to trying the Imperial Agent. I have never enjoyed a story line so much in a game. Half the crap that happens in IA line, you don't see coming. At all. And if you think you have it figured out, five minutes later you find out how wrong you were. And that final reveal at very end. I don't think I could have guessed that in a million years.

Imperial Agent has a great story, but any of them as they take your fancy, as they are all good. :cool:
^^This right here^^ The agent is by far the best story line but like a lot of us we loved them all so I would suggest your next one be the Agent ;)

Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent, Smuggler are all great stories. A word of advice, I did my agent story as a sniper, and I felt it would have been more accurate/more iconic if I was an operative, just due to all the sneaking around and what not, I didn't feel a sniper filled the role as well. I'm not sure how deep your RPing goes tho, JMHO.

My list of favorites in descending order:

Jedi Knight/Sith warrior

Imperial Agent

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Sith inquisitor

Trooper

Jedi Consular

Edited by Alzor

I agree with Cox_the_Beast about doing the Agent story last. Not by intention, just by chance, that is exactly the way I did and I really had a lot of "Ah Ha" moments while playing through. But, obviously, what ever you decide to do is fine. A really great story, though I liked all of the classes for different reasons; can't say that there was one that I didn't like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.