So NOT a gameplay trailer...

SimplyCooL

Cut scenes are part of this game's gameplay so you did get gameplay from a gameplay trailer.

Cutscenes are not gameplay...can u move your character during a cutscene...can u start shooting during a cutscene...a cutscene is just a short clip in which you are not playing the game...sure it may be between actual gameplay but it doesn't make it gameplay

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutscenes are not gameplay...can u move your character during a cutscene...can u start shooting during a cutscene...a cutscene is just a short clip in which you are not playing the game...sure it may be between actual gameplay but it doesn't make it gameplay

You interact with the cut scenes, if given the option you can shoot someone or choke them or kiss them or just choose what your character will say.

That's part of the appeal of BW story telling for this game.

You interact with the cut scenes with dialogue choices, that's part of the appeal of BW story telling and gameplay. So it is gameplay.

That doesn't make it gameplay...it just makes it a cutscene in which you can affect the dialogue in a short video clip. Maybe u would like to buy this ocean front property i have here in Minnesota...sure its just along the Mississippi river but it eventually touches the ocean...

That doesn't make it gameplay...it just makes it a cutscene in which you can affect the dialogue in a short video clip. Maybe u would like to buy this ocean front property i have here in Minnesota...sure its just along the Mississippi river but it eventually touches the ocean...

It does make it gameplay because you have a bit of control over what happens in the cutscene when you play the game. If it wasn't gameplay it would just be a cutscene where you have no control over what happens.

Also having a property near a river is appealing.

It does make it gameplay because you have a bit of control over what happens in the cutscene when you play the game. If it wasn't gameplay it would just be a cutscene where you have no control over what happens.

Enjoy your flood plain.

So even by your security blanket influenced definition we didn't see any gameplay.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Also, i saw no choices during the Cutscenes shown...and its ocean front property...

Enjoy your flood plain.

So even by your security blanket influenced definition we didn't see any gameplay.

A flood plain is decent trade off when you can go fishing and just relax.

But we did see gameplay because the cut scenes were rendered using in game graphics and are cut scenes our characters will participate in.

To you it is. Most players aren't that simple.

Haha TUX, absolutely right as are the other saying the Cutscenes don't count, because fact is, that is when ur GPU usually has the less amount of stress unless u have a bad GPU or wrong driver.

Was wondering what happened to you. Good to see ya back.

Also, i saw no choices during the Cutscenes shown...and its ocean front property...

It was rendered with in game graphics which means it'll be a cut scene which we will be participating in.

You mentioned the Mississippi River in your ocean front property approach therefor It'll be by a river. If you just mentioned ocean front property by itself in Minneasota you might have a hook.

Everyone knows what a "Gameplay" trailer is. I swear you guys argue over semantics and terminology everyday.

They didn't show combat gameplay. They showed the new and improved cutscenes and storytelling though, which... seems about right considering that it's the whole selling point of this expansion. What combat gameplay did people want to see? The new abilities? The new discopline trees up to 65? Basically the gameplay will remain the same in KotFE; there won't be anything all the different to see.

Just because you are playing a game does NOT make it gameplay! You need to be waking around or shooting things for it to be gameplay dammit!!!

Ur not a Tech, or a Computer builder that knows the difference between Gameplay and parts of a Cinematic scene ??That the code is Pre-loaded into the Hard-drive. And if not the game already knows ur Computers strengths and weak points, so that when a Cutscene from anything in SWTOR it knows how much Memory, CPU/CPU speed and what kind of GPU's you have. Meaning, unless you have a bad GPU or CPU along with no memory,but maybe 2gigs or have bad GPU or MB drivers.

Then every1 Cuscenes should work flawlessly almost. However a Non-Cutscene with combat or other thing requiring a good amount of movement along with some sporadic combat IS considered Real Gameplay.

Edited by MandFlurry

Everyone knows what a "Gameplay" trailer is. I swear you guys argue over semantics and terminology everyday.

They didn't show combat gameplay. They showed the new and improved cutscenes and storytelling though, which... seems about right considering that it's the whole selling point of this expansion. What combat gameplay did people want to see? The new abilities? The new discopline trees up to 65? Basically the gameplay will remain the same in KotFE; there won't be anything all the different to see.

You made a good point :)

You want combat gameplay? Log in a see it, it's already there, no changes will be made.

Geez, sometimes I wish Bioware would not announce anything and show nothing - and even then people will be complaining, there is no pleasing you people.

Edited by Asheris

Don't blame the masses...there are only a few, the usual few, who do it constantly, and they do it intentionally to derail discussion. It's just the people they provoke are usually different and they feel compelled to defend themselves when their common sense is questioned...which leads to more semantic replies by the antagonists...and this goes on and on until a thread is sufficiently derailed that nobody posts in it, or it gets deleted.

Ur not a Tech, or a Computer builder that knows the difference between Gameplay and parts of a Cinematic scene that is Pre-loaded into the Hard-drive. And if not the game already knows ur Computers strengths and weak points, so that when a Cutscene from anything in SWTOR it knows how much Memory, CPU/CPU speed and what kind of GPU's you have. Meaning, unless you have a bad GPU or CPU along with no memory,but maybe 2gigs or have bad GPU or MB drivers.

Then every1 Cuscenes should work flawlessly almost. However a Non-Cutscene with combat or other thing requiring a good amount of movement along with some sporadic IS considered Real Gameplay.

I never claimed to be one? I was just pointing out that you are playing the game by interacting with the dialogue wheel in cut scenes to dictate how the conversation plays out in-game. The cut scenes shown were rendered using in-game graphics and are cut scenes we will more than likely ourselves. So it is a gameplay trailer.

Even so, i still feel, it was underwhelming. Why no 6-7 min gameplay, or dialog, or something footage. It works so well, as MS showed.

SWTOR won't be a completely different game. Stop deluding yourself. Stop dreaming. Stop setting expectations out of this world. When you follow all of those steps, you will be satisfied with what Bioware brought to EA conference.

Seriously, why would you need 7 min gameplay? The game is out for 4 years already. All we get in KotFE is just a new skill and a bit more mobility. Seriously. Stop.

You interact with the cut scenes, if given the option you can shoot someone or choke them or kiss them or just choose what your character will say.

That's part of the appeal of BW story telling for this game.

It's one of those "certain point of view" things I guess. ;) Personally.....I DO consider it gameplay for this EXACT reason. My first thoughts when I saw this trailer were how each of my characters would react to that "bow down" offer....my smuggler would laugh in his face and shoot him, my Wrath would attack immediately on principal, my Bounty Hunter wouldn't bow down, but If the money is right he might consider working for him, etc.

But then, I've been here long enough to know to take everything they (BW/EA) say with a grain of salt. So my expectations for KotFE are basic at best. And when they said "gameplay trailer", this is exactly what I was expecting.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

When the SWTOR logo appeared on screen nobody cared among those that were sitting in the audience and Twitch chat was full of morons asking for Fifa instead.

Yeah, I saw those kiddos typing "lol sims 3 graphics, lolol" when SWTOR appeared on the screen.

It's one of those "certain point of view" things I guess. ;) Personally.....I DO consider it gameplay for this EXACT reason. My first thoughts when I saw this trailer were how each of my characters would react to that "bow down" offer....my smuggler would laugh in his face and shoot him, my Wrath would attack immediately on principal, my Bounty Hunter wouldn't bow down, but If the money is right he might consider working for him, etc.

But then, I've been here looking enough to know to take everything they (BW/EA) say with a grain of salt. So my expectations for KotFE are basic at best. And when they said "gameplay trailer", this is exactly what I was expecting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knew what to expect from this trailer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.