Wait, wait...so everyone who used a referral link yesterday

JourrnoRush

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been subbed, and plan to stay subbed, and I was scheduled for another payment on the 28th or something. Then I clicked someone's referral link so they added on another 7 days so my payment goes through on the 2nd.

I sure hope I didn't get screwed out of getting Nico because I happened to have very bad timing. :(

I get people coming in to my place of work, complaining about paying $5 for a sandwich when it clearly says $5 for sandwich. Yes, sandwich, no drink, no fries, no chips, no potato, no nothing but a sandwich. Can't take the price, go cook your own food. /end rant

But I agree, people complain louder about money.

Is it a really good sandwich?

Is it though? i kinda want to know now

If this is a subway thing i could understand it

I was under the impression that you have to sub all the way til the release date. As in, if you cancel your sub next month, you lose your bonus. So referels shouldn't work for the bonuses. Edited by IceGanon

If we stay subbed all the way we get early access, the companion and the items have set dates that we have to be subbed on to get.

Even with early access the phrasing in the fine print on the rewards info page is "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates." Which kind of implies that your sub can lapse a couple days, so it's not as strict as some make it out to be.

from the rewards faq on FE

3. How do I obtain my Knights of the Fallen Empire Pre-Launch Reward items?

If you has an active subscription from July 31 through October 19, 2015, you will receive your Pre-Launch Reward items via in-game mail at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.

If you are not eligible for Early Access, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail on October 27, 2015.

apart from the word "has" which should be "have", i will get on the game and see if someone can answer this on ingame support.

Am I the only one NOT with a referral and doesn't really feel the need to participate in it O.o :eek::eek:

Hey, it is worth it purely for the speeder you get which is infinitely useful at lower levels. Also helps out those who click it, but let's be honest, most players have the link there purely so they get free Cartel Coins.

It's why you see it spammed on starter planets and stronghold planets, and on fleet. I tend to add those particular players to my ignore list, so that probably is detrimental doing that.

Even with early access the phrasing in the fine print on the rewards info page is "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates." Which kind of implies that your sub can lapse a couple days, so it's not as strict as some make it out to be.

The dates are: JUL 31, AUG 31, SEP 30, OCT 19

Aslong the subscription is active at the above dates it seems to be ok for the early access.

Edited by Icestar

Thinking they could get the companion WITHOUT subbing ARE NOT getting the companion right?

If so, then good. I hope BW wouldn't leave a silly loophole like that. :rak_03:

first I've heard of this :eek: But, I don't think BW would let something like that slip by . The way I looked at it , you have to be a paid player , not f2p or even a Preferred player on a free 7 days would get the new companion . But I could be wrong :confused:

Hey, it is worth it purely for the speeder you get which is infinitely useful at lower levels. Also helps out those who click it, but let's be honest, most players have the link there purely so they get free Cartel Coins.

It's why you see it spammed on starter planets and stronghold planets, and on fleet. I tend to add those particular players to my ignore list, so that probably is detrimental doing that.

pretty much. although, droid pets were also nice :p

and yeah, people spamming link on planets annoy me. though not as much as when they pretend that its for the benefit of the people they refer. "I'm only trying to help!" yeah, yourself. what with your specifying current subscriber only and all.

as for original post? I don't mind either way /shrug.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Yeah mine is there for the CC. I have never posted it in game, but more power to the ones that at least offer to pay a mil or two for a click. Everyone would put it in their SIG if they knew just how effective it is... Well most. One month, 13 referrals and around 3000 CC, and I'm not even particularly helpful.

Yeah mine is there for the CC. I have never posted it in game, but more power to the ones that at least offer to pay a mil or two for a click. Everyone would put it in their SIG if they knew just how effective it is... Well most. One month, 13 referrals and around 3000 CC, and I'm not even particularly helpful.

a mil or two? that at least is decent.

the highest I've seen offered was 500k. most of the time I see people offering 150k to 300k, specifying current subscribers only and acting like they are doing you a favor.

Edited by Jeweledleah

You have a username people like

I've heard BobsYourUncle while playing Company of Heroes, the real time strategy game. One of the units, part of the British faction, say "Bob's your uncle."

Now I think there's a reference I'm not getting. Nvm I looked it up:

Bob's your uncle

It's a catch phrase dating back to 1887, when, in a blatant case of favoritism, British Prime Minister Robert Cecil (a.k.a. Lord Salisbury) decided to appoint his nephew Arthur Balfour to the prestigious and sensitive post of Chief Secretary for Ireland.

So "Bob's your uncle" is another way of saying "your success is guaranteed."

You just put these parts together like this, and Bob's your uncle - you have a working model!

You want to go to the stadium? Go straight on until you reach the park, take the first left, and Bob’s your uncle - you're there!

Edited by Falensawino

You have a username people like

I've heard BobsYourUncle while playing Company of Heroes, the real time strategy game. One of the units, part of the British faction, say "Bob's your uncle."

Now I think there's a reference I'm not getting. Nvm I looked it up:

Bob's your uncle

It's a catch phrase dating back to 1887, when, in a blatant case of favoritism, British Prime Minister Robert Cecil (a.k.a. Lord Salisbury) decided to appoint his nephew Arthur Balfour to the prestigious and sensitive post of Chief Secretary for Ireland.

So "Bob's your uncle" is another way of saying "your success is guaranteed."

You just put these parts together like this, and Bob's your uncle - you have a working model!

You want to go to the stadium? Go straight on until you reach the park, take the first left, and Bob’s your uncle - you're there!

and to think I almost went with cut of your jib.

a mil or two? that at least is decent.

the highest I've seen offered was 500k. most of the time I see people offering 150k to 300k, specifying current subscribers only and acting like they are doing you a favor.

yeah you're right, its mostly just 100 to 500k. I'd demand a few mil at least lol. I wasted mine on a sneaky link on twitter.:(

A quick call to customer service on monday will solve this :rak_03:

Will let you know what I find out

And what will that accomplish? The date has passed. Everyone with a paid subscription on that date is safe, and the rest knew they were gambling and will see if it worked when the time comes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.