PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what an exploit is?.. Its when you realize something is not working as intended, a bug (your words now) for example and you decide to take advantage of it.. the word advantage here is a synonym for exploit!

Um, I just wanted to pvp battleground...why should I have to stop trying to pvp because BW changed their minds about xp in battlegrounds?

It's not really even a bug or a glitch, it's just bad design. They apparently intended players to be rewarded if WZ's finished early due to low population.

What is funny are those justifying it as a design rather than an exploit to keep ill gotten gains. Stephen Reid already said that this is being treated as an exploit. People leveling past 40 in under 6 hours raking in godly lewt from pvp rewards while doing it is nothing short of an exploit. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9838

Um, I just wanted to pvp battleground...why should I have to stop trying to pvp because BW changed their minds about xp in battlegrounds?

You shouldn't. Pvp to your hearts content.

However XP for pvp should be removed and all who participated in this exploit recieve a permenant ban.

word is already spreading to all the streaming sites. Lol.

Bioware is going to have to scrap today for early access. The servers will have to come down to patch it, and they will have to do a roll back, which basically means the first day did not happen.

no way!!!!

here my thinking why in a story driven game would you wont to be lv 30 in a day you miss all the story! that what makes ToR good!

If I level to lvl 30 does that make my story quests at lower level become unavailable or do I just get no xp for them? In theory you could power level to 50 and then go back and work on the quests you didn't do in order to earn all the credits/loots you missed while enjoying the story at your own pace and also gank noobs for good times.

Edited by Airwren

You shouldn't. Pvp to your hearts content.

However XP for pvp should be removed and all who participated in this exploit recieve a permenant ban.

Well, let's say I spend 5 hrs today trying to pvp in a battleground. Am I an exploiter who should get a perma ban?

Thats the thing... the inaction at this time is making it worse. They understand they cannot treat this like beta anymore, but have an atmosphere as if it still is. Which in some cases is ok, but the longer we sit on this the worse it will get.

I am still trying to understand why there was no "hotfix" to pretty much kill the exp at the moment.

I simply will not play on any "pre-patch" servers. So it could be a way to stagger us some more? :-p

That's because they don't know how to run an MMO. They will have to roll back. server roll backs happen all the time. They are still in it early enough to do it. if they wait too long they will have a much harder time explaining why it took so long to pull down the servers and do a roll back.

For those arguing that this is BW's fault, couldn't that be argued for any developer and exploit? An exploit means someone is using a bug or a gap in a way that is not intended. Just because the developer leaves a gap, doesn't mean there are no consequences for using it as an exploit.

At most these players unintentionally exploited a bug in the game. Nothing more can be proven.

Yeah cause queueing for BGs 4+ hours and spend a minute or two in it and get max reward is totally unintended..

You sound more and more stupid with every post you make.

Please quit while you are ahead

For those arguing that this is BW's fault, couldn't that be argued for any developer and exploit? An exploit means someone is using a bug or a gap in a way that is not intended. Just because the developer leaves a gap, doesn't mean there are no consequences for using it as an exploit.

At this point it could be hundreds of players, by tomorrow morning it could be a thousand. You know how long it would take to ban that many people?

I can see the headlines now... "Bioware banned thousands on the first day of Early Access for a game mechanic being exploited."

Server roll backs happen.

The only other option for them is to patch it and not care and move along.

Edited by CriticalMasses

At this point it could be hundreds of players, by tomorrow morning it could be a thousand. You know how long it would take to ban that many people?

I can see the headlines now... "Bioware banned thousands on the first day of Early Access for a game mechanic being exploited."

I'd read that article.

It doesn't matter, they should go through the warzone data and ban every player in it if necessary.