The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with TK

jedibowler

So i feel like my rotation is pretty sound, compared to the top parsers on parsely and the ability usage times, but still feel like I can't even break 4.4 dps and its super frustrating. I know my apm is a tad low though and when looking at the top parsers most of my abilities are hitting almost 800 weaker on average.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/51529

Gear:

Willpower: 4184

Bonus Damage: 1935.3

Power: 1667

Accuracy: 109.88% (745 rating)

Crit Chance: 24.24% (208 rating)

Crit Multiplier: 69.10% (360 rating)

Alacrity: 2.24%(172 rating)

I'm currently still trying to drop all my crit and gaining more power. What I don't get is how people get over 2100 in power. Im in full 198 (head, chest, arms, legs, boots and offhand) also resurrected MH and relics. Massassai belt and bracers and have a deciever earpiece and forcelord MK1 implant with a resurrected force master mk-v implant.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by jedibowler

I never completed all the datacron missions but that is where you can pick up a little extra buffing. Also make sure the entire teams use their buffs to get that extra padding. Also, are you using Anondyne stims spec'd to your two main attributes? They are the best on the market and can be purchased via the GTN for about 8K a shot and they last over 7 hours and persist through defeat. The buff stims from medical droids is a waste of money.

So i feel like my rotation is pretty sound, compared to the top parsers on parsely and the ability usage times, but still feel like I can't even break 4.4 dps and its super frustrating. I know my apm is a tad low though and when looking at the top parsers most of my abilities are hitting almost 800 weaker on average.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/51529

Gear:

Willpower: 4184

Bonus Damage: 1935.3

Power: 1667

Accuracy: 109.88% (745 rating)

Crit Chance: 24.24% (208 rating)

Crit Multiplier: 69.10% (360 rating)

Alacrity: 2.24%(172 rating)

I'm currently still trying to drop all my crit and gaining more power. What I don't get is how people get over 2100 in power. Im in full 198 (head, chest, arms, legs, boots and offhand) also resurrected MH and relics. Massassai belt and bracers and have a deciever earpiece and forcelord MK1 implant with a resurrected force master mk-v implant.

Any help is much appreciated.

Answering power question first: they get 2100 by having zero crit and using a few or more Power Augs. Also by being Full Revanite and a 204 Helps get there but I digress.

Now I will answer your question about DPS when I look at your log.

Hello,

First off to address your concern about "my abilities are hitting almost 800 weaker on average" could be a combination of lack of gear, but also, relic proc windows. Your avg norm hits and avg crits will be higher or lower dependent on how much of your abilities are used within the relic proc windows.

Understand that most of the parses, including mine, on parsely are not our avg parse. Personally, I'd avg about 4,800 during a night of parsing, so when you see these huge parses, and wonder why you're not near them, remember RNG can give you an amazing roll at times IE: relic proc windows, crits, etc.

Now on that parse you linked, I noticed that you used Force Potency in the opener before your Turbulence, in my experience you'll lose DPS using this offensive cool-down with Turbulence. Not only will it consume a stack of Potency, it doesn't effect the overall damage of Turbulence, considering each Turbulence should be an auto crit, as long as it hits a target with Weaken Mind. Therefore you'll lose crit % on other abilities that would have otherwise crit and consumed a stack of Potency.

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but

is a video I recorded of me parsing with Telekinetics, the parse is about 100 over my Avg norm, which is again around 4,800 dps. There is a link in the description to the parse log file for everyone to view.

Hope this helps

PS. For your opener, pop force speed to get the 2 insta burst procs, then do

Mind Crush / WM + Alacrity / Empowerment + Turb / [proc] Burst / Potency + Gust / Wave / [proc] Burst

This tip was from someone, and their name is eluding me at this time.

Hello,

First off to address your concern about "my abilities are hitting almost 800 weaker on average" could be a combination of lack of gear, but also, relic proc windows. Your avg norm hits and avg crits will be higher or lower dependent on how much of your abilities are used within the relic proc windows.

Understand that most of the parses, including mine, on parsely are not our avg parse. Personally, I'd avg about 4,800 during a night of parsing, so when you see these huge parses, and wonder why you're not near them, remember RNG can give you an amazing roll at times IE: relic proc windows, crits, etc.

Now on that parse you linked, I noticed that you used Force Potency in the opener before your Turbulence, in my experience you'll lose DPS using this offensive cool-down with Turbulence. Not only will it consume a stack of Potency, it doesn't effect the overall damage of Turbulence, considering each Turbulence should be an auto crit, as long as it hits a target with Weaken Mind. Therefore you'll lose crit % on other abilities that would have otherwise crit and consumed a stack of Potency.

is a video I recorded of me parsing with Telekinetics, the parse is about 100 over my Avg norm, which is again around 4,800 dps. There is a link in the description to the parse log file for everyone to view.

Hope this helps

Mind Crush / WM + Alacrity / Empowerment + Turb / [proc] Burst / Potency + Gust / Wave / [proc] Burst

Thank you for the information. On the part about popping potency before turbulence, I looked at the guys parse that is the highest on parsley and he did it before turbulence and empowerment after turbulence which I found weird. So how much different is your gear stats then mine because I average about 4.3k and can't even get over 4.4k. Is there better mods then the 198 rating with like 90 endurance 127 willpower and 52 power because that's what I'm trying to stack for mods but my power is still really low. I'm about at enough ultimate comms to replace one of my enhancements that has crit in it for a power enhancement.

Thank you for the information. On the part about popping potency before turbulence, I looked at the guys parse that is the highest on parsley and he did it before turbulence and empowerment after turbulence which I found weird. So how much different is your gear stats then mine because I average about 4.3k and can't even get over 4.4k. Is there better mods then the 198 rating with like 90 endurance 127 willpower and 52 power because that's what I'm trying to stack for mods but my power is still really low. I'm about at enough ultimate comms to replace one of my enhancements that has crit in it for a power enhancement.

emmm if you mean the ultimate 198 mods from the vendors. then yes, they have less power then the unlettered mods you can get from drops from HM RAV / ToS. though i'm not sure how much actual difference it makes >.>

the HM mods have 81 endurance; 106 willpower and 90 power.

Hello,

Hope this helps

Ive noticed a pretty big difference between this video parse you linked, and your 5k parse. (congrats on the 5k by the way) your Turbulences are .5s faster, your TKGusts are 1.7s faster, and your Mind Crushes are 1s faster. I take it your added a lot of alacrity? Would you mind sharing?

I looked at the guys parse that is the highest on parsley and he did it before turbulence and empowerment after turbulence which I found weird.

Since this is you Rosetta, is this a glitch where empowerment and potency got swapped?

Hello,

In regards to this, "On the part about popping potency before turbulence, I looked at the guys parse that is the highest on parsley and he did it before turbulence and empowerment after turbulence which I found weird."

I would fullly agree it was weird, and so you understand, I'm Rosettaa, and I can tell you that, my opener was completely screwed up, and you are right, empowerment and potency were swapped on my bar. The reason for that, was because, I was making some video recordings to help members of my guild with their rotations, and I went to balance, which I change the two. So I swapped back to TK, forgot to swap Empowerment and potency on my bar, and thus I made the "mistake" of popping them out of place. In addition, I would imagine, had I correctly executed my opener, my end parse of 5,089, probably would have gone over 5,100.

In regards to this,"198 rating with like 90 endurance 127 willpower and 52 power"

These are lettered mods, and do not give you the most benefit, if you watch my video again, you can see that the mods I use have instead: 81 endurance / 106 willpower / and 90 power. These mods come from the token pieces from operation's bosses in the current HM tier content only. My interpretation of this is that you're using comm vendor mods and enhancements rather than the like from operation tokens. You will get more stat that benefits your dps, from the operation token mods and enhancements. You can get "Min/Max", which means [minimal endurance / maximum stat] (which implies that you get more dmg from them basically, at the cost of health) enhancements from the MK-2 drops from operations bosses.

In regards to this,"your Turbulences are .5s faster, your TKGusts are 1.7s faster, and your Mind Crushes are 1s faster. I take it your added a lot of alacrity?"

You are correct, I wanted to do a quick alacrity build test with TK. The reason why I tested it, fully, is because of the great luck Tactics and Combat were having building alacrity over mainstat / power. With that being said, I do not think the alacrity build for TK Sages is the best route, operation wise. Since alacrity basically allows you to spam buttons faster, it'll only be a benefit if you're fast at target swapping, and you are not effected by any lag. In my mind, the moment I started lagging, even though my parse APMs went from 48-49 to 52-53, my boss fight APMs relatively remained the same, maybe in due part to some lag on my end, or bad target swapping. I basically saw little improvement with my apms, so in my mind, the same rate of abilities, at less dmg, basically means, the build was not as viable as the power builds.

Hope this helps

PS: Sorry for not replying well towards different Quotes, I'm new to forums and don't know how too.

Hello,

Hope this helps

2 questions:

1) it seems you are using the truck build on your sage (i.e. high crit power and surge) Do you consistently get around those numbers with that build? how do you like it?

2) What is the outfit on your sage? it looks cool and i want it:D

2 questions:

1) it seems you are using the truck build on your sage (i.e. high crit power and surge) Do you consistently get around those numbers with that build? how do you like it?

2) What is the outfit on your sage? it looks cool and i want it:D

1) Yes, I consistently parse over or right near 4,800 dps. RNG will get me above 4,900, and my 5k parse was just the stars aligning for me. I personally enjoy having my crit where it is, and I hover between 170 - 300. Main reason is that I see a increase in my crit % with my parses, however I don't see anything extra going much over 350. Personally, I tell players to get their crit to 250, do like 5 - 10 parses, then lower it or raise it, and do another 5 - 10 parses. If you see a benefit with the change, keep it, then continue until you don't see an increase anymore. I know a lot of players will say that since turbulence auto crtis, and potency gives us "auto crits", though it still trolls me terribly, that we should run little to no crit. They're probably right, but I like having some crit for the sake of, it is useful in my eyes for boss fights.

2) Chest piece, gloves [Xoxaan's]: Belt and pants [Theron's]: Boots [satele's]: Then I typically use a Black and White dye, however the dye I'm wearing in the video was a Black and Off Yellow, or something, it's the craftable one.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sage

Edited by drbonesmccoy

1) Yes, I consistently parse over or right near 4,800 dps. RNG will get me above 4,900, and my 5k parse was just the stars aligning for me. I personally enjoy having my crit where it is, and I hover between 170 - 300. Main reason is that I see a increase in my crit % with my parses, however I don't see anything extra going much over 350. Personally, I tell players to get their crit to 250, do like 5 - 10 parses, then lower it or raise it, and do another 5 - 10 parses. If you see a benefit with the change, keep it, then continue until you don't see an increase anymore. I know a lot of players will say that since turbulence auto crtis, and potency gives us "auto crits", though it still trolls me terribly, that we should run little to no crit. They're probably right, but I like having some crit for the sake of, it is useful in my eyes for boss fights.

2) Chest piece, gloves [Xoxaan's]: Belt and pants [Theron's]: Boots [satele's]: Then I typically use a Black and White dye, however the dye I'm wearing in the video was a Black and Off Yellow, or something, it's the craftable one.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sage

Thanks! do you mind if PM you? i have some other questions

Hey Rosetta, I noticed that you are using the 4pc 186 Set mixed with the 2pc 198.. how is that any better than having a full 6pc 198?

And on the point you made with the Alacrity build, I do agree. The biggest problem I have is I am on the west coast playing on an East coast server. So my latency is kind of high, which, I feel, in turn decreases my DPS.

Thank you very much for posting this thread, as it has helped me with my Sage.

By the way, congrats on the 5089.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Musad (TK Sage) Kronic Knights, Ebon Hawk

Hey Rosetta, I noticed that you are using the 4pc 186 Set mixed with the 2pc 198.. how is that any better than having a full 6pc 198?

And on the point you made with the Alacrity build, I do agree. The biggest problem I have is I am on the west coast playing on an East coast server. So my latency is kind of high, which, I feel, in turn decreases my DPS.

Thank you very much for posting this thread, as it has helped me with my Sage.

By the way, congrats on the 5089.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Musad (TK Sage) Kronic Knights, Ebon Hawk

the old 4 peice give you a increase in alacrity every 15 secs or so which is a more beneficial dps increase than the 6 piece could ever give you

/Wave

I may or may not have said this as soon as they came out with the Quake nerf.

Congrats on the top parse. One day, the crit gods will understand my plight and let me break 5k...

If I may ask a couple questions, why the use of one burst between turb and wave? Should I do that every time, just on mental alacrity phases or just at the opener?

If I may ask a couple questions, why the use of one burst between turb and wave? Should I do that every time, just on mental alacrity phases or just at the opener?

There are two reasons why I'll ascribe to doing that as an opener. 1) It creates a free GCD so that Turbulence can hit the target safely, which gives you a little breathing room for using Force Potency. For any Sage / Sorc dps, you all know that doing Turbulence / Potency + Gust / Wave will sometimes end up with Turbulence consuming a stack or you hesitate a moment to let Turbulence / Thundering Blast hit the target before you use Potency / Recklessness. My mentality is why not fill that small hesitant fraction of time with some dmg. Also, remember that each Tk Burst / Lightning Bolt gives you a stack 1/3 that increases your alacrity, which will allow your Potency to come off cooldown slightly sooner, than not doing it this way.

Personally, I would try to make sure that force speed, with the burst proc, lines up for each Potency phase. Something like this;

Situation: Potency just off cooldown or about to be off cooldown: Middle of fight, not the opener

Tk Burst / Force Speed + Tk Burst [Proc] / Turbulence / Tk Burst [Proc] / Force Potency + Gust / Tk Wave

That would be the most ideal for each Potency phase, though I doubt each one will line up, and I don't entirely feel that sitting on any ability to force this ideal situation is beneficial to your dps. You should stick to the priority list and use abilities off cooldown; With that being said, make sure you use mental alacrity right behind your Turbulence, not directly after.

Ability Priority

Turbulence > Mind Crush [buff] > Tk Gust > Tk Wave > Tk Burst