Light Side Jaesa Romance for KOTFE

MasterYulo

Have the developers expressed any inkling of allowing a Jaesa Romance for KOTFE? I got Jaesa to 10k Light Side, and she's offered to bear my character's children. I understand that it ends there, but a romance could develop in KOTFE for Light Side players.

Rachael Leigh Cook, the VA for Jaesa Willsaam, didn't provide any voice acting for SoR; same with the VA's for Raina Temple and Akaavi Spar.

Taking that into account, I believe it would be a good idea for you to be prepared for the possibility that Jaesa won't be seen anytime soon.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I really hope they don't have light Jaesa sell-out. I know I'm in the minority here when I say it would be nice if one Jedi in the party would actually take that Jedi code thing seriously. You can already romance Nadia and Kira. Is it really so wrong if one Jedi actually stays true to the order? Just one.

Rachael Leigh Cook, the VA for Jaesa Willsaam, didn't provide any voice acting for SoR; same with the VA's for Raina Temple and Akaavi Spar.

Taking that into account, I believe it would be a good idea for you to be prepared for the possibility that Jaesa won't be seen anytime soon.

Yep. I voiced that same concern in other threads. :(

I'm just hoping that SoR's cast wasn't a direct indication of which companions will make it into the expansion.

Granted, Jaesa would be the only one of those that I'd actually miss out of those who didn't get voices, so if that means the others actually make it...

Yep. I voiced that same concern in other threads. :(

I'm just hoping that SoR's cast wasn't a direct indication of which companions will make it into the expansion.

Granted, Jaesa would be the only one of those that I'd actually miss out of those who didn't get voices, so if that means the others actually make it...

Assuming she makes an appearance, I'm most curious to see HOW EXACTLY they're going to handle her. Will her demeanor, LS or DS Jaesa, depend on the character's alignment, faction or neither?

Questions, questions. :D

Assuming she makes an appearance, I'm most curious to see HOW EXACTLY they're going to handle her. Will her demeanor, LS or DS Jaesa, depend on the character's alignment, faction or neither?

Questions, questions. :D

My theory on a simple way to do it would be an NPC going before her introduction "So I found a couple potential allies, your call who to talk to. One's a lunatic Sith, the other seems to be a Jedi."

Then it's Jaesa either way but you just picked which version of her you got.

My theory on a simple way to do it would be an NPC going before her introduction "So I found a couple potential allies, your call who to talk to. One's a lunatic Sith, the other seems to be a Jedi."

Then it's Jaesa either way but you just picked which version of her you got.

Kinda similar to what Obsidian did with TSL, as far as Revan being male or female, LS or DS. I like it. :D

One can only hope.

I would make my free 60 a LS SW if LS Jaesa can be romanced.

You'd be out of luck.

Bioware confirmed that you won't get to choose what alignment new 60's are. Empire is DS by default, Republic LS.

You'd be out of luck.

Bioware confirmed that you won't get to choose what alignment new 60's are. Empire is DS by default, Republic LS.

Where did they say that? In

it was said that the default choices are determined by class, not faction. It only said that sith will be ds, not all empire classes. Not that is important for jaessa, because the warrior will be ds and so she also will likely be a dark side sith. Edited by hanebuch

Yes, the community wants it since like ever:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=73002

I even sent a message to Charles Boyd and Courtney Woods hoping that as writers they will consider it. I hope LS Jaesa will get some development and we will be able to romance her at last. If the original VA can't return, just give us another! And the same replacement should apply to every companion whose original VA can't return.

Yes, the community wants it since like ever:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=73002

I even sent a message to Charles Boyd and Courtney Woods hoping that as writers they will consider it. I hope LS Jaesa will get some development and we will be able to romance her at last. If the original VA can't return, just give us another! And the same replacement should apply to every companion whose original VA can't return.

With the five year time skip it'd be the perfect time for a new VA. They're all a little older now anyway.

I really hope they don't have light Jaesa sell-out. I know I'm in the minority here when I say it would be nice if one Jedi in the party would actually take that Jedi code thing seriously. You can already romance Nadia and Kira. Is it really so wrong if one Jedi actually stays true to the order? Just one.

The Jedi Code as it exists in TOR is a radically fundamentalist and reactionary revision to the original Code, brought into effect by the then-Grand Master, Odan Urr, in response to the events of the Great Sith War (that is, the war started by Exar Kun). The original taught moderation and wisdom, not the soulless excision of all emotion.

Where did they say that? In
it was said that the default choices are determined by class, not faction. It only said that sith will be ds, not all empire classes. Not that is important for jaessa, because the warrior will be ds and so she also will likely be a dark side sith.

And in LadyInsanity's video the corollary to Sith was "Republic"; meaning she was using Sith as shorthand for all Imperial classes. It is, after all, the SITH Empire.

Alignment for a level-boosted 60 has nothing to do with class, only faction.

Edited by Diviciacus

I'm pretty sure the Jedi only exists that way in TOR because that way it is more similar to the Prequel Trilogy and would be most recognizable to most fans. Before, that version of the Code wasn't implemented until the Ruusan Reformation. Edited by OldVengeance

I'm pretty sure the Jedi only exists that way in TOR because that way it is more similar to the Prequel Trilogy and would be most recognizable to most fans. Before, that version of the Code wasn't implemented until the Ruusan Reformation.

According to Wookieepedia, Odan Urr remade it after he became Grand Master (and he died in 3996 BBY). It's problematic, though, for the following reason:

1. Jedi Code (the TOR version) invented (several years ago in real life)

2. Sith Code invented as a warped and twister mirror of (1)

3. Dark Jedi arrive on Korriban approx. 7,000 BBY and begin Sith order

4. 5,000 BBY Naga Sadow as Dark Lord of the Sith attacks the Republic. Odan Urr participates in battles. (Draethos lifespan is around a thousand years.)

5. Odan Urr reforms the original Jedi Code (Seen here), as a response to (2) and (4), and later the Krath/Naddist cult on Onderon.

So... essentially the Jedi Code (as it appears in TOR) is its own grandfather.

The Ruusan Reformation was a political restructuring of the Republic which changed the role of the Jedi within it - they were removed from the position of being part of the Republic's military. There were also steps taken to attempt to combat any Sith resurgence, since they were so devastating: children trained from birth, training moved to Coruscant, etc. There's echoes of that in TOR, with many, but not all, Jedi having been trained from birth or certainly at least a very young age (including the player-character Consular).

In a way, you can see why movie-era Star Wars had to wipe the galaxy of the Jedi to balance the Force. The Jedi had become just as evil - but in a different manner - than the Sith.

In regards especially to LS Jaesa (and this is also applicable to Ashara): I feel like had she known about the pre-Odan-Urr form of the Jedi code, she'd spend a lot less time lying to herself about what she is, what's she's doing, and why.

[For references, feel free to read the Wookieepedia entries on Odan-Urr, Hundred-Year Darkness, Naga Sadow, Arca Jeth, the Jedi Code article linked above, and lastly Ruusan Reformation]

Edited by Diviciacus

rachael leigh cook, the va for jaesa willsaam, didn't provide any voice acting for sor; same with the va's for raina temple and akaavi spar.

Taking that into account, i believe it would be a good idea for you to be prepared for the possibility that jaesa won't be seen anytime soon.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :(

And in LadyInsanity's video the corollary to Sith was "Republic"; meaning she was using Sith as shorthand for all Imperial classes. It is, after all, the SITH Empire.

Alignment for a level-boosted 60 has nothing to do with class, only faction.

Maybe we are talking about different parts of the video, but she says jedi and that class will determine the choices. From the subtitles of the video:

But now we know your class will determine the default choices for your character. BW based it similarly like Mass Effect 2, where there's a default (and please forgive me for using this word) cannon for decisions made. If you play a Jedi for example, it's expected that your character chose dominantly light side decisions. For sith dark side.
Edited by hanebuch