Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Purchasable Credit Packs

Can we please have an option to purchase credits in the Cartel Market? There are countless costume items, mounts, etc. that are no longer available in the Cartel Market but are available for outrageous prices in the GTN. This would especially be beneficial for returning subscribers, such as myself, as well as newcomers who are interested in the older costumes as well as other items.:)

I like your idea and it is good for the casual gamer BUT, it would only raise prices up way higher and those in game who do not purchase the coins would suffer. Not only that but good chance it might become pay to win because only those who use real money to purchase credits can afford mods and other stuff.

I like your idea and it is good for the casual gamer BUT, it would only raise prices up way higher and those in game who do not purchase the coins would suffer. Not only that but good chance it might become pay to win because only those who use real money to purchase credits can afford mods and other stuff.

This.

Can we please have an option to purchase credits in the Cartel Market? There are countless costume items, mounts, etc. that are no longer available in the Cartel Market but are available for outrageous prices in the GTN. This would especially be beneficial for returning subscribers, such as myself, as well as newcomers who are interested in the older costumes as well as other items.:)

They already have it in game.

It's called paying money for Packs and selling them in game. Or any CM item and selling it over the GTN :p

It's called paying money for Packs and selling them in game. Or any CM item and selling it over the GTN :p

thats the significant difference.

One leads to rampant inflation and gives gold spammers a faster in.

the latter, keeps the total number of credits in game constant and just moves from one to the other.

OP. this is a horrible idea.

You make an excellent point, BUT, there has to be a better system to get credits in order to afford the items you want. I play this game almost every day, about 6 hours a day and I constantly have my team slicing throughout my playing and it will still take me probably a week or two just to get the belt I want. The same amount of time again for gloves and then for boots. Does that make sense?:(

You make an excellent point, BUT, there has to be a better system to get credits in order to afford the items you want. I play this game almost every day, about 6 hours a day and I constantly have my team slicing throughout my playing and it will still take me probably a week or two just to get the belt I want. The same amount of time again for gloves and then for boots. Does that make sense?:(

6 hours a day and your having credit issues? O.o what are you doing in those 6 hours? Dailies alone can net you around 500k a day if not more depending if you go to all the planets...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

6 hours a day and your having credit issues? O.o what are you doing in those 6 hours? Dailies alone can net you around 500k a day if not more depending if you go to all the planets...

Right now my focus is getting my characters through their stories and ready for the KOTFE expansion. I haven't really been doing any daily missions. I've only been sending the companions on slicing missions and slicing myself wherever the opportunity arises.

Since I'm complaining then maybe I should start making those dailies a priority! :D;)

Right now my focus is getting my characters through their stories and ready for the KOTFE expansion. I haven't really been doing any daily missions. I've only been sending the companions on slicing missions and slicing myself wherever the opportunity arises.

Since I'm complaining then maybe I should start making those dailies a priority! :D;)

if have slicing do a couple of things.

farm slicing nodes on yavin

send out companions for rich/bountiful missions (with slicing bonus if have one) when they crit you can sell the mats (for augments) pretty well, additionally any crafting missions that return you can sell quite easily too. Slicing can pull in 6 figures treasure hunting and underworld trading are also worth upper 5 figures (30-60k). If you have additional crew missions (underworld trading/treasure hunting) that return companion gifts, the artifact level ones sell 10-20k depending on type.

if have slicing do a couple of things.

send out companions for rich/bountiful missions (with slicing bonus if have one) when they crit you can sell the mats (for augments) pretty well, additionally any crafting missions that return you can sell quite easily too. Slicing can pull in 6 figures treasure hunting and underworld trading are also worth upper 5 figures (30-60k). If you have additional crew missions (underworld trading/treasure hunting) that return companion gifts, the artifact level ones sell 10-20k depending on type.

Thanks a lot for the tips! :)

This is work. Virtual work for virtual money. It's a horrible advice.

My advice is: Just keep on playing and don't worry so much about all that fluff stuff. Trust me, the game makes much more fun if you just focus on PLAYING. Farming whatever things is not playing. It's working. Not fun.

This is work. Virtual work for virtual money. It's a horrible advice.

My advice is: Just keep on playing and don't worry so much about all that fluff stuff. Trust me, the game makes much more fun if you just focus on PLAYING. Farming whatever things is not playing. It's working. Not fun.

there are yavin dailies for rep. they area is not overly large and can see lots of nodes pretty close to each other in the temple area. just simply running the weekly and looting as you go should gain plenty of money. Its only work if you don't enjoy it while playing. If you want something bad enough outfits, unlocks, gear etc.) then probably worth the effort to try and earn it. If not, then apparently didn't want it bad enough.

I think that to support this idea EA should do what Wildstar and WoW have done. Buy game tokens with real money and sell on GTN. Players can buy the tokens with credits and then use token for 1 month subscription (under one price clause so no inflation).

That way people who grind credits can play for free and people who want credits can buy with real money.

I think that to support this idea EA should do what Wildstar and WoW have done. Buy game tokens with real money and sell on GTN. Players can buy the tokens with credits and then use token for 1 month subscription (under one price clause so no inflation).

That way people who grind credits can play for free and people who want credits can buy with real money.

^This !

This way no more money would flow into the economy, only the already available amount of money is changing from one player to another.

The high number of goldseller spam show that there is a huge demand for trading real money for virtual credits, because they wouldn't advertise when there are no customers. This way EA can participate from this shadow market and dry out the gold sellers. Win-Win, except for the gold sellers. :D

The difference is, if BW sold credits directly they could price credit sellers out of the market.

We already have an accepted culture of trading IRL currency for IG credits in the method you describe. There is no difference between buying CM items and selling them on the GTN vs. Bioware directly selling credits; it just eliminates the GTN middleman.

Edited by ekwalizer

This way no more money would flow into the economy, only the already available amount of money is changing from one player to another.

An unlimited amount of "money" can be generated simply from playing the game. Credits will always be injected into the economy. This is why inflation occurs in all video games, money is constantly being added to the available total, thereby devaluing it.

they already let you sell CM items after a 1 1/2 day CD, thats exactly what your credit pack is

They dont like the idea of being subjected to a buyers market.

They might devide to put packs up at stupid prices then whine when no one pays their silly overpriced box prices.

Yeah this is a bad idea. As a person constantly selling mats I've farmed or companion gifts, I make quite a bit of credits off the GTN.

If I knew it was easier for people to earn more credits just by buying them out right I would raise my GTN prices easily to double or triple if not more and I know others.

Things that sell now for 10 mil I bet people would just post for 100 mil or more. So it really wouldn't help.

And like others have said it be ones like a pay to win system which BW won't want.

Sorry but if you want lots or credits, follow the suggestions that have been posted. It's going to be the best way.

Edited by Nightblazer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.