More than 3 years and you still DONT focus down healers in pvp?

royhenderson

It amazes me how many "pvpers" attack marauders, sents, shadows, sins, VG, PT, slingers, snipers rather than the healers.

I've tried everything. Putting markers, telling folks which ones are healing classes, typing their names on chat, etc,etc.

I have to agree. Given my experience on the Republic side, enemy healers are mostly ignored while Republic healers (me) are getting smashed from focus target firing by the other side. Since patch 3.3, the opposing side has gotten even better at target focusing me to the point that all I can do is self heal to stay alive. Then I get the snippy comment, try it with a tank guard. I laugh. Getting a tank guard is a rarity indeed. First we need a tank and second, a competnt one at that. Too many tanks just want to lay down DPS instead of tank and guard. On the off chance that I do get a tank guard, it rarely gets renewed on me after I get killed or separated from the tank. Then I think to myself, ok, the enemy team is beating me up pretty good and I am managing to stay alive until they kill me which means, the DPS folks ought to be free to fire at will without too much pressure since the enemy team has me focused. Right? RIGHT? Then I wonder what the hell they are doing while I am getting beat up.

Even with focusing down, a well played healer is difficult to kill. Add in a tank guarding the healer and it may not always be the best to try to kill the healer. Sometimes it works to cc/stun the healer and kill another player who's in execute hp range.

Good healers do like 2mil heals for an average 8v8 match while good dps only do 1mill damage.

Even with focusing down, a well played healer is difficult to kill. Add in a tank guarding the healer and it may not always be the best to try to kill the healer. Sometimes it works to cc/stun the healer and kill another player who's in execute hp range.

Good healers do like 2mil heals for an average 8v8 match while good dps only do 1mill damage.

Anyone can be a good healer if you are not getting focused, stunned, slowed, rooted, mezzed and interrupted. Hitting 2M in heals means you were ignored and probably had a tank guard too.

Swinging at healers is boring and frustrating and pointless, especially when they have those shields around them - it's like punching a concrete wall and kills my dps. I would much rather attack a non-healer merc. FTW.

That would explain why i die on mine so easily :p

Anyone can be a good healer if you are not getting focused, stunned, slowed, rooted, mezzed and interrupted. Hitting 2M in heals means you were ignored and probably had a tank guard too.

This is particularly evident when you check their deaths/damage taken. I often see pub healers (on TEH the balance is reversed atm) have 2mil + and only 300k dmg taken, as opposed to my 1.6mil (on everage) healing and 800k dmg taken.

Kinda annoys me, but oh well, what can you do.

1v1 is so much more fun! /sarcasm

Edited by NikSunrider

PvP is not about killing healers taking objectives it is all about rolling FOTM classes and try to do top damage with stupid dot spreads broken classes, who cares about healers and as long as you have enought people to spread your dot you are good. If you focus on healer you might win but your dps will be much lower so you wont be a TOP CLASS pvper.

PvP is not about killing healers taking objectives it is all about rolling FOTM classes and try to do top damage with stupid dot spreads broken classes, who cares about healers and as long as you have enought people to spread your dot you are good. If you focus on healer you might win but your dps will be much lower so you wont be a TOP CLASS pvper.
lmfao. clearly its all about being at the top.

This is particularly evident when you check their deaths/damage taken. I often see pub healers (on TEH the balance is reversed atm) have 2mil + and only 300k dmg taken, as opposed to my 1.6mil (on everage) healing and 800k dmg taken.

Kinda annoys me, but oh well, what can you do.

1v1 is so much more fun! /sarcasm

That's pretty much my experience as a healer. 1mil+ (next closest never more than 500k), lots of deaths and damage taken, no tanks guarding, no one helping when I have to pop force barrier, everyone running away from objectives instead of trying to achieve them

Stop! You're like the one healer who isn't enjoying God-mode.

We're not balancing the game around your limited bad experience.

What the healing sorcs are capable of now is way out of line when employed by a halfway competent team. Think about it, if you had one or two guys taunting, stunning, and peeling for you, you'd hit those numbers easy.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

I dunno, I usually do twice the amout of healing as I took damage, meaning I do 2mil healing while taking almost or a bit over 1mil damage in a 8v8. No idea if it's good or no but I manage :p

It amazes me how many "pvpers" attack marauders, sents, shadows, sins, VG, PT, slingers, snipers rather than the healers.

I've tried everything. Putting markers, telling folks which ones are healing classes, typing their names on chat, etc,etc.

As put out by a healer yesterday in a WZ I was in...

It's all about Deathmatching.... so yeah, F the healer, F the objective, F everything... they just want to faceroll their keyboard until something gives.

EDIT: WTB Team Ranked 8v8 or 6v6 objective based WZs.

Edited by NinjaScroll

Depends on the enemy group, but high numbers does not always mean being left to free cast w/ a tank x.x.

I dunno, I usually do twice the amout of healing as I took damage, meaning I do 2mil healing while taking almost or a bit over 1mil damage in a 8v8. No idea if it's good or no but I manage :p

LoS Moar, go go go! ;)

Stop! You're like the one healer who isn't enjoying God-mode.

We're not balancing the game around your limited bad experience.

What the healing sorcs are capable of now is way out of line when employed by a halfway competent team. Think about it, if you had one or two guys taunting, stunning, and peeling for you, you'd hit those numbers easy.

"A halfway competent team". That's the point, isn't it? I must the only Republic Healer where the other side has it in for. me. My name must light up the sky when I arrive in a warzone and they all pounce on me leaving breathless and furiously trying to stay alive. Forget having a tank guard. I am mostly on my own with no teammates peeling for me while I am expected to heal the team with no support in return and stay alive. I bubble my teammates, I mend their wounds but heaven help me should I get focused and nobody seems to notice. Such joy.

"A halfway competent team". That's the point, isn't it? I must the only Republic Healer where the other side has it in for. me. My name must light up the sky when I arrive in a warzone and they all pounce on me leaving breathless and furiously trying to stay alive. Forget having a tank guard. I am mostly on my own with no teammates peeling for me while I am expected to heal the team with no support in return and stay alive. I bubble my teammates, I mend their wounds but heaven help me should I get focused and nobody seems to notice. Such joy.

Completely my experience with PvP healing on both factions. Just stopped doing it altogether instead of continuously subjecting myself to incompetent teammates who ignore objectives and the initial guilty feelings of it all being my fault for not surviving focus-targeting on my own while everyone else is off solo deathmatching