The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

Okay, yeah - petitions don't really work. HOWEVER, there have been cartel market fixes in the past! Remember the conservator's outfit? They made giant shoulder pads, and then re-released a set without them. People who bought them got the new ones free, and got to decide which they liked.

BioWare, I'm pleading here - give us the longer montral options for male Togruta. Keep the short ones in for those who want them (and maybe make them an option on females.) I'd love some of the other in-game customizations to be added as well, but the montrals are a blemish on what is otherwise a GREAT species unlock. Please BioWare - I'll even pay for the appearance changer. I don't mind! Honest! Just let me have the longer montrals on the really cool character I was able to make today.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think longer montrals and stuff like turquoise and bright yellow skin will be customizations we can get off the cartel market in the future.

I see no reason why there can't be more customizations in the future...more is always better. :)

I would think longer montrals and stuff like turquoise and bright yellow skin will be customizations we can get off the cartel market in the future.

I see no reason why there can't be more customizations in the future...more is always better. :)

You say this, but I distinctly recall on several occasions eating way too much and hating myself afterwards.

According to Wookieepedia, the montrals are the horns on top of the head. The three head-tails are still called lekku. There aren't many male Togruta that come up when I Google for them, but of those that do, some have long, and some have short lekku. I"m much more familiar with the NPC males in SWtOR, which have long lekku, so those are what look normal and nice to me. At this time I have no desire to make a male with short lekku, despite their being lore appropriate (to the best of my knowledge). I expect over time I'll get used to them and cave, but I'd much rather have the option to choose.

YES. Every existing Male Togruta in the game have LONGER montrals. Bioware you are putting male togrutas to shame by shrinking their montrals. I find myself growing jealout every time I walk past those beautiful long male togruta NPC montrals, and know I cannot have them. Why did you change them from the original game mesh so much anyway??

PLEASE make long montrals CC purchase option, like unlockable new hair options for humans. I'd buy it instantly.

I dont even care if they clip trough everything, I will find armor that doesnt clip trust me.

Edited by Kiesu

YES. Every existing Male Togruta in the game have LONGER montrals that female togrutas. Bioware you are putting male togrutas to shame by shrinking their montrals. I find myself growing jealout every time I walk past those beautiful long male togruta NPC montrals, and know I cannot have them. Why did you change them from the original game mesh so much anyway??

PLEASE make long montrals CC purchase option, like unlockable new hair options for humans. I'd buy it instantly.

I dont even care if they clip trough everything, I will find armor that doesnt clip trust me.

Now now, let's not let this devolve into montral envy. :cool:

I think they look just fine honestly. The females are more curvy, feminine, smaller as they go out to the side more. The male's montrals are bigger, less curvy and is dominant on his head showing the difference in the genders in the montrals. I like the way it is. BUT it wouldn't hurt to have more options in the future, for the lekku meaning :)

Also if you look at other pictures of some online, they are very close to what bioware did.

Edited by Sarfux

Yes, please give us long lekku on the Togruta. I'd purchase them if that was the case. Right now the male ones just look silly, there's no way I'd make my JK a Togruta right now.

I'm all in favour for keeping the short montrals as an option for the male Togruta, but give us the option to choose two or three longer montrals with varying patterns with the "Montral" slider on the Designer. And don't charge a ridiculous sum for adding those. Just add two or three slider options. There's no reason my Togruta shouldn't be able to look like the normal ones in the game.

I'd say, make it a cartel item that people can buy.

Yes, I know, it should be free... yada-yada-yada.

But that's the only way it's going to happen.

Personally I hate the male Montrals. They look stupid, because they are an adolescents/teenagers Montrals.

A fully grown adult Togruta would have larger Montrals.

But let's be realistic here.

They won't remove them, because there are people who like them AND they put alot of effort into them.

They might fix them by letting both females and males use the same Montrals (thus allowing us to make young Togruta or old Togruta).

But the most likely scenario would be tem releasing Larger Male Togruta Montrals as some sort of cartel purchasable item.

EDIT: also, let's not get hung up on details... we all know that Montrals are the horns, lekku are the tentacles... but to avoid confusion with Twi'leks, let's keep calling the entire thing "montrals".

Edited by OddballEasyEight

There really is something off about the male's "parts" in this regard. Honestly, the whole thing looks like a winter hat that a high school kid would wear. The transition between head and montral/lekku hat is abrupt and awkward as well. It seems they put a lot of time into the female Togruta build and then did the male build as an afterthought!

That said, I embraced the ugly and built a BT4 male Togruta trooper yesterday. After all, pretty never counted for much on the battlefield. :cool: