Legendary Weapons

Nippon

I propose the complete removal of weapons as they are now in favor of a LOTRO style Legendary weapon...We have a legendary slot already, as seen on the GTN, which applies to Birthright and Inheritance gear, none of which can actually be sold.

How this works: On login a player is issued a Quest to go and obtain his Legendary weapon , this is to obtain the parts to construct the weapon that will take you to various planets and meeting people to get what you need. Current weapons and future weapons are now added to the appearance tab so you can have the look of any current or future weapon in game.

This weapon has slots for stat upgrades that are for various different pieces that can be obtained in OPS, FP's, created by crafters and random rare drops from questing on planets.

For Example, A Sabre would require a Crystal, Focusing Lens, Blade Energy Channel, Hand grip, Magnetic Stabilizer, and Blade Emitter.

The weapon itself is level based, As in it levels with you, So you obtain this weapon at say Level 60 and it matches your current level, so to keep in line with current stats, you could buy level 186 parts for Basic Comms, and upgrade to 192's, much like the current system, but the weapon can be leveled to a cap of 70 which effects the dps output of it, this would require somewhere in the region of 15 million XP as an example. This is achieved by doing Dailies, Ops, FP's and generally playing the game by awarding you a Percentage of the Given XP for the quest or Mob you have killed. So for example a Quest on Yavin grants 30k xp and you receive 10% of that as addition Weapon XP.

The weapons stats are selected by yourself to accommodate the class you play, the weapon XP you receive can then be distributed among the weapons Stats and used to purchase upgrades the same as choosing your Discipline.

Crafted and looted items can then also be added to the weapon, giving you the choice to style your weapon to your play-style be it defensive, attacking etc etc.

I believe this would give players something else to play for, while just going about their day to day stuff.

Thoughts.

Edited by Nippon

I propose the complete removal of weapons as they are now in favor of a LOTRO style Legendary weapon...We have a legendary slot already, as seen on the GTN, which applies to Birthright and Inheritance gear, none of which can actually be sold.

How this works: On login a player is issued a Quest to go and obtain his Legendary weapon , this is to obtain the parts to construct the weapon that will take you to various planets and meeting people to get what you need. Current weapons and future weapons are now added to the appearance tab so you can have the look of any current or future weapon in game.

This weapon has slots for stat upgrades that are for various different pieces that can be obtained in OPS, FP's, created by crafters and random rare drops from questing on planets.

For Example, A Sabre would require a Crystal, Focusing Lens, Blade Energy Channel, Hand grip, Magnetic Stabilizer, and Blade Emitter.

The weapon itself is level based, As in it levels with you, So you obtain this weapon at say Level 60 and it matches your current level, so to keep in line with current stats, you could buy level 186 parts for Basic Comms, and upgrade to 192's, much like the current system, but the weapon can be leveled to a cap of 70 which effects the dps output of it, this would require somewhere in the region of 15 million XP as an example. This is achieved by doing Dailies, Ops, FP's and generally playing the game by awarding you a Percentage of the Given XP for the quest or Mob you have killed. So for example a Quest on Yavin grants 30k xp and you receive 10% of that as addition Weapon XP.

The weapons stats are selected by yourself to accommodate the class you play, the weapon XP you receive can then be distributed among the weapons Stats and used to purchase upgrades the same as choosing your Discipline.

Crafted and looted items can then also be added to the weapon, giving you the choice to style your weapon to your play-style be it defensive, attacking etc etc.

I believe this would give players something else to play for, while just going about their day to day stuff.

Thoughts.

Well coming from a founder of LOTRO with 2x lifetime accounts..... Hell no! that weapon legendry's system was the worst mechanic EVER! way I see the legendary weapons is more like wow style that level with you not leveled separately like in LOTRO.... grinding a character was bad enough but having to also grind levels on a weapon ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

ummm no yeah sorry. I think a wow style like the person above said where the weapon levels with you, or you can do some crazy chain mission like you had to do with some weapons where you find the materials to build it.

Have to do ops to get a drop or so something to imbue it. That would be fun, I loved building the axe in WOW during the WOTLK expansion. Something like that would be good for a legendary weapon.

Thoughts.

With some tweaking, I think this could be something I would enjoy as a pass time. I spend most of my time completing codex entries and legacy planet achievements (stupid Bormu >:C) that being able to do something like this along side my other goals would be something interesting. Good idea, however some of it would need to be adjusted of course.