12x Experience Boost.

Kairaith

Just curious, we have the 12x class mission exp boost until Fall, when that time comes and the experience boost is gone, are we ever gonna see another one? Or will we go back to the old way doing lots of side missions to level up? Also will the changes such as 6 minute quick travel stay or go when the boost fades? Edited by Kairaith

Just curious, we have the 12x class mission exp boost until Fall, when that time comes and the experience boost is gone, are we ever gonna see another one? Or will we go back to the old way doing lots of side missions to level up? Also will the changes such as 6 minute quick travel stay or go when the boost fades?

well since they are revamping the leveling experience i would assume that it will most likely be irrelevant for most part.

I'll miss it but I do wish it went up to 60 so I could power there with all my classes.

once you hit 55, rishi and yavin are open and are already balanced to get you from there to 60. add in an already existing boost and you'll be 60 before rishi is over especially if you do the forged alliance solo missions.

I think we have to wait a while until they do the X12 experience again. In the expansion we have the option to create a level 60 character and possible more from the cartel market.

Enjoy this opportunity to level new characters

Also will the changes such as 6 minute quick travel stay or go when the boost fades?

QT and taxi changes are unrelated to Epic Story Boost. They were introduced to streamline leveling up in general. They are staying in the game.

From the annoucement of KotFE:

"With the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, all of the original eight Class stories will be enhanced, allowing for a faster and more engaging playthrough for new and veteran players."

There have also been comments from the developers stating the intent is to let players experience the story without requiring lots of travel, grinding, or side missions - though no details on exactly what may change.

Right now 12X is simply a marketing gimmick to get people to subscribe while the game sees limited new content released.

IMO post KotFE won't require a gimmick 12X XP event to level through just the story, it will simply be the way the game works after they 'enhance' the original story content.

Edited by DawnAskham

In KotFE, each class mission will give enough XP to level you up to the level required for the next mission. If you are already high enough, it will give normal XP. The class stories are also going to be edgy and more adult.

Class missions? Class stories? You are referring to KotFE or some other game ?

As in "When the expansion launches the 1-50 class missions will get enhanced", don't read too much into it.

I wondered what he meant by it, and then I noticed it is from fido. So yeah, not reading into it is probably for the best...

Edited by Aries_cz

I don't mind it for catching those last few toons up, however it is a double edged sword...thus far in the last fortnight, I've seen a level 23 warrior, who didn't know how to select an advanced class, let alone find the shuttle to leave korriban, and a mid level powertech.....bombed up with cunning.

Like I said double edged sword, we've an influx of new people maybe due to 12x xp, but some are not actually learning to play their class, which will in the future be interesting when they eventually stumble into end game activitis, sometimes I watch them out of morbid curiosity..

I have 7 characters crafting full time to keep me geared but the 12x level boost means this is my dream game as I only experience the story content I want to experience. For me this is the main story and since it's been a couple years the planet wide sidequests. I'm skipping flashpoints because I repeated them so much a couple years ago to level I still remember it, Galatic Starfighter because it's not my thing and PVP warzones which while very fun my average skills means that better players had to ignore me or worse carry me which lessoned their experience I'm sure. In short this is Kotor 3-9 which is a paraphrase of a dev quote but one that always stuck with me. Edited by Lecaja

I don't mind it for catching those last few toons up, however it is a double edged sword...thus far in the last fortnight, I've seen a level 23 warrior, who didn't know how to select an advanced class, let alone find the shuttle to leave korriban, and a mid level powertech.....bombed up with cunning.

Like I said double edged sword, we've an influx of new people maybe due to 12x xp, but some are not actually learning to play their class, which will in the future be interesting when they eventually stumble into end game activitis, sometimes I watch them out of morbid curiosity..

I don't get what Bioware thinking if they want to attract new players. Even if someone knows how to play this is a very gear based game and not having it is very painful. Leapfrogging levels is nice but only if you can afford to skip content and not be adversily impacted.

I don't get what Bioware thinking if they want to attract new players. Even if someone knows how to play this is a very gear based game and not having it is very painful. Leapfrogging levels is nice but only if you can afford to skip content and not be adversily impacted.

Indeed, I think it was away to get our existing toons to 60 for the new content, but inadvertently attracted more people due to fast progression, which is good and bad. Firstly for an influx of new blood, but will bite later when people use GF and find people undergeared, or overgeared with wrong stats for class roles.

Time will tell I guess, but i'm enjoying the 12x XP :)

Indeed, I think it was away to get our existing toons to 60 for the new content, but inadvertently attracted more people due to fast progression, which is good and bad. Firstly for an influx of new blood, but will bite later when people use GF and find people undergeared, or overgeared with wrong stats for class roles.

Time will tell I guess, but i'm enjoying the 12x XP :)

The part about each class having a primary stat should be more clearly explained in-game.:o I made every mistake you could on my first playthrough but the first was gearing up Kira Carsen in all might adaptable armor mods or better yet not realizing the adaptable armor needed mods and wondering why I was dying with great ease.

Out of game how collections work should be explained in-game I bought the same adaptable armor twice rather than go through collections to spend for an account unlock which is much cheaper.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.