The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So... Why doesn't all Powertech specs get the Charge?

Sardorim

All Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors get a charge to close the gap regardless of Advance Class or Spec.

I feel that not having a way to close the gap really does hurt the more melee based Powertech Advanced Class if they go DPS.

Edited by Sardorim

Powertechs are melee yes but they have a variety of choices to engage with at any range. Additionally, most of your skills are actually 10m or so, not as close quarters as the warrior classes. Toss in grapple and you honestly got a pretty solid set up going on. If both jet charge and grapple were baseline, then this class's utility will be out of control as fun and abusive as having charge on AP would be.

no. it has threat gen attached to it. dont need pts generating the already higher then 10k threat. pain in the *** to hold off against anyway in pve.

also, they have ho buffed to crazy amounts. there is honestly no need for this.

Edited by CaraExas

Is this a joke? PT/Vanguards can move at 90% speed 1/3 of the time, thats as fast as our first mounts. Its not only a gap closer but a kiting tool and an anti-focus ability. Its a bit overtuned honestly.

75% speed 1/3 of the time. No two speed bonus stack, so pneumatic boots is worthless during HO.

Powertechs are melee yes but they have a variety of choices to engage with at any range. Additionally, most of your skills are actually 10m or so, not as close quarters as the warrior classes. Toss in grapple and you honestly got a pretty solid set up going on. If both jet charge and grapple were baseline, then this class's utility will be out of control as fun and abusive as having charge on AP would be.

Eh, I dunno as they both do different things and Grapple isn't as effect as a gap closer in my opinion.

no. it has threat gen attached to it. dont need pts generating the already higher then 10k threat. pain in the *** to hold off against anyway in pve.

also, they have ho buffed to crazy amounts. there is honestly no need for this.

Threat can be removed and placed on another ability.

Besides, all POwertechs get 2 Taunts anyway.

Edited by Sardorim

• 2 weeks later...
All Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors get a charge to close the gap regardless of Advance Class or Spec.

I feel that not having a way to close the gap really does hurt the more melee based Powertech Advanced Class if they go DPS.

All pts get pull.

This is the same reason not all sins get pull, but they all have speed. PT leap is a tank ability. DPS PTs already have great gap closers with pull and HO.