SDCC SWTOR Q&A Steam

typenine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So nothing to revealing? For real? You'd think with the hype train they would reveal some stuff. But hey its a good reflection on the incompetence of both the dev and community team.

I mean its unlikely we'll get any updates soon now after the ops/fps debacle.

So nothing to revealing? For real? You'd think with the hype train they would reveal some stuff. But hey its a good reflection on the incompetence of both the dev and community team.

I believe they said they wouldn't be getting too deep into Fallen Empire until Gamescom.

You still mad cos u got a warning for the temple chair?

No, wait.

You still mad cos u got a warning for the temple chair.

The "debacle" was that ANYONE decided to get upset because they had ALREADY SAID that ops were coming but NOT with the release of the expansion. The outcry here was simply embarrassing.

They have LONG said that their statistics show that most people do NOT run ops. Also, that most people want MORE story and MORE character interaction. They're actually giving us what the OVERWHELMING majority has asked for... but the tiny minority has to complain that the game will die unless someone can pull a miracle op out of their back pocket in 3 months.

If you think they're incompetent then there truly is no hope for this game (in your eyes, ever) because they have made their position on content going forward very clear. If you can't wait for a new op, you REALLY SHOULD LEAVE. Because you will never never never be happy, and why play a game that makes you so miserable?

In the meantime, the HUGE MAJORITY of players is rejoicing... we have new story and decisions will have meaning and companion interactions are returning (plus the eventual chance to SELECT your companion team? Yes, we have all wanted this. The players have spoken.) Oh but... um.. yeah. About you and the small handful of discontents... you go ahead and keep name-calling the devs and the other players. You will go FAR! They will change the game just for you, I'm SURE! (No, they won't. You can't change it, so screaming about it won't help you.)

The "debacle" was that ANYONE decided to get upset because they had ALREADY SAID that ops were coming but NOT with the release of the expansion. The outcry here was simply embarrassing.

They have LONG said that their statistics show that most people do NOT run ops. Also, that most people want MORE story and MORE character interaction. They're actually giving us what the OVERWHELMING majority has asked for... but the tiny minority has to complain that the game will die unless someone can pull a miracle op out of their back pocket in 3 months.

Just more evidence that believing oneself to be the most 1337 goes hand-in-hand with the delusion that 1337 raiders (or PvPers) make or break a game.

Edited by branmakmuffin

What is there to reveal, really? New expansion is going to be all about the story with MMO elements of the MMO left to rot for a time. As a result, any and all significant news (besides depressing collection of nopes in response to any questions about pve, pvp, GSF, etc) are by default news about the story. This leads to any and all significant news about expansion being story spoilers by default.

Then there is the crafting revamp but I'd assume they keep lid on much of it with current game economy in mind.

There are loads of individual differences in spoiler allergy, some have understandable knee jerk reaction to want to tear out ever single shred of info of upcoming storyline before release if they at all can. While some want to keep as much of the story as unexplored territory as possible.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh