No new content in Expansion

So what if they perhaps did this... released 2 new ops on the expac launch like they did with SoR. All the raiders would blow through those within a month and a few weeks,. Then beg for more raids, while farming those two over and over for gear, and eventually doing the same with HMs. What they are doing now is updating old content since a majority of it will be outdated and will largely be of zero challenge to complete when at 65. Updating it all to 65 gives you all OPs plus HM and NiM operations. Yes it IS old content, but it is now current and provides some challenge at least and variety to keep busy with grinding until new operations are eventually released.

Yea, /no. Heres what happened, story content was literally devoured in hours and the ONLY thing that kept us going was having a whole new tier gear to grind just in SM + yet another whole set to grind in HM and that was what kept players engaged. Not flirting lana or theron, i mean there isnt even heroics to do just plain boring solo questing in an MMO and ppl applaude it?

So i have a guild with 20 players online to do soloquests?

Is everyone brain dead or what..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The endgame intro screen should be edited.

Here is how the Rep one reads - my proposed edits in red.

Revan is gone, and his cultists no longer constitute a threat to the Galactic Republic. Victory on Yavin 4 has saved countless lives.

But the war rages on. And somewhere out among the stars, the crazed former Sith Emperor lives once more; the only Madness Sorceror left in the Universe who still has intact balls, eager to take every last drop of life from the galaxy.

The Heroes of the Republic remain vigilant, decorating their power bases, keeping their starfighters ready to fight the same battles in the same places they have fought hundreds of times before, and gathering aboard CARRICK STATION to face the evils they fought six months ago, as well as those they fought two and half years ago...

Rofllmao

So what if they perhaps did this... released 2 new ops on the expac launch like they did with SoR. All the raiders would blow through those within a month and a few weeks,. Then beg for more raids, while farming those two over and over for gear, and eventually doing the same with HMs. What they are doing now is updating old content since a majority of it will be outdated and will largely be of zero challenge to complete when at 65. Updating it all to 65 gives you all OPs plus HM and NiM operations. Yes it IS old content, but it is now current and provides some challenge at least and variety to keep busy with grinding until new operations are eventually released.

We are not getting NiM ToS or Ravagers though. They are already as close to NiM as Bioware wants. That's why SM Ravagers and ToS were quite difficult. and why HM feels really hard.

Yea, /no. Heres what happened, story content was literally devoured in hours and the ONLY thing that kept us going was having a whole new tier gear to grind just in SM + yet another whole set to grind in HM and that was what kept players engaged. Not flirting lana or theron, i mean there isnt even heroics to do just plain boring solo questing in an MMO and ppl applaude it?

So i have a guild with 20 players online to do soloquests?

Is everyone brain dead or what..

I would ask the same question of you. Regardless of what they did, you people would have complained to no end, as the raiders would have cleared the content quickly, just as they have before. People will grind content in 4.0 just as they have before. I mean I guess you could continue to complain about them reviving old content that no one runs anymore because it's ridiculously easy with the exception of HM/NiM DF/DP and Hateful Entity. Just because they are revamping old content and focusing on a part of the game has LACKED in substance since launch (Force forbid the large chunk of players who enjoy the story get shown some love from Devs). There are 8 raids that will be moved to max level with HM and NiM. Instead of grinding SM on 2 OPs you at very least for the time being have several different operations with difficulty levels. But as always people will find something to complain about. I understand this isn't what most of us wanted, but complaining endlessly at Bioware really doesn't do a thing. It's time to suck it up roll with the punches,and be patient.

I agree. First just because its not the content that "you" want doesn't mean it is not content. If that added 1 new quest to each storyline that is still new content because it does not exist now.

The amount of unjustified entitlement that i see in these posts and many others is really the issue. Just because I am a sub does not mean that I get what I want on every update. Deal with what they give you or move on. This game will thrive without you.

Also if they pulled a few new OPs and Warzones out of their butt without any story content to back them up then everyone would be complaining about "where did this come from?" " Who are these NPC's we are fighting?"

So i don't think Bioware can win no matter what they give you. They are providing a point of reference for all content that will follow the release. Then you can bet your arse there will be new OPs and New FPs and new PvP maps.

i think i will be happy to see people attempting the ec tanks properly. no longer, will i have to just attack stormcaller first, then firebrand.

#inb4 they change the shield generator on HM so that it can't be attacked

I agree. First just because its not the content that "you" want doesn't mean it is not content. If that added 1 new quest to each storyline that is still new content because it does not exist now.

The amount of unjustified entitlement that i see in these posts and many others is really the issue. Just because I am a sub does not mean that I get what I want on every update. Deal with what they give you or move on. This game will thrive without you.

Also if they pulled a few new OPs and Warzones out of their butt without any story content to back them up then everyone would be complaining about "where did this come from?" " Who are these NPC's we are fighting?"

So i don't think Bioware can win no matter what they give you. They are providing a point of reference for all content that will follow the release. Then you can bet your arse there will be new OPs and New FPs and new PvP maps.

Well, the first thing they could have done was keep their word that they said just last year that there wouldn't be a year or more between operations. I guess we're just too entitled to actually hold a company to their word.

Do you mean NiM TOS/Rav would be new content?

But haven't you guys already ran those like... 8 months already?

That's the thing, the ops crowd that complains about stuff like this often doesn't even realize what they're complaining about. I would say of the people running HM TOS/Rav, a quite large number of them never even did progression content earlier in the game's life cycle (source, of the people I know doing HM TOS/Rav this applies to at least around half of them), so for them a proper nightmare EV, or EC, or even Asation in some cases, is actually new content whether they acknowledge it or not, or at least as new as making a nightmare TOS/Rav would be.

And again, that crowd has another thing in common, they are the absolute worst type of content junkies. They only show up for as long as it takes to complete the new stuff, then drop their subs and go play other games. They do almost nothing to help sustain this game. And while this doesn't apply to all top end progression raiders, it does to a great many of them, namely the ones complaining loudest about this update.

I had a sobering experience the other day, so story time...

This guild asked me and a friend to come try out DPSing for them to do some progression stuff over on the Ebon Hawk. Our guild has been slow lately so we decided to give it a go as me and my friend hardly ever get to DPS, and the guys asking were clearly progression oriented (8/10 HM TOS/Rav).

So, we jumped into nightmare Palace with them... was very smooth considering me and my friend had actually never ran it before (only did NiM DF on tier because we tried to complete DF before DP, but could never get past Brontes), these guys were clearly all very good, was a nice run, 4/5 and almost killed Council save for a couple mistakes but people had to work in the morning so we only pulled it about 4 times.

Well, predictably they get back with my friend, and inform her that they have all decided they're just going to play WoW now. No specific reason, they just feel like playing that game instead.

This is why I'm not mad that the content in this game is no longer going to appeal to that type of crowd. That crowd would never have stayed long anyways, they always migrate back and forth, there's little point trying to appease them, and now I feel like I actually wasted a night trying to raid with a group like that.

This game is still alive because of its MMO content. Not its RPG content. Hate all you want. Feel morally superior all you want. Unless they start giving the MMOers hope this is the Titanic heading for an iceberg.

That's the thing, the ops crowd that complains about stuff like this often doesn't even realize what they're complaining about. I would say of the people running HM TOS/Rav, a quite large number of them never even did progression content earlier in the game's life cycle (source, of the people I know doing HM TOS/Rav this applies to at least around half of them), so for them a proper nightmare EV, or EC, or even Asation in some cases, is actually new content whether they acknowledge it or not, or at least as new as making a nightmare TOS/Rav would be.

And again, that crowd has another thing in common, they are the absolute worst type of content junkies. They only show up for as long as it takes to complete the new stuff, then drop their subs and go play other games. They do almost nothing to help sustain this game. And while this doesn't apply to all top end progression raiders, it does to a great many of them, namely the ones complaining loudest about this update.

I had a sobering experience the other day, so story time...

This guild asked me and a friend to come try out DPSing for them to do some progression stuff over on the Ebon Hawk. Our guild has been slow lately so we decided to give it a go as me and my friend hardly ever get to DPS, and the guys asking were clearly progression oriented (8/10 HM TOS/Rav).

So, we jumped into nightmare Palace with them... was very smooth considering me and my friend had actually never ran it before (only did NiM DF on tier because we tried to complete DF before DP, but could never get past Brontes), these guys were clearly all very good, was a nice run, 4/5 and almost killed Council save for a couple mistakes but people had to work in the morning so we only pulled it about 4 times.

Well, predictably they get back with my friend, and inform her that they have all decided they're just going to play WoW now. No specific reason, they just feel like playing that game instead.

This is why I'm not mad that the content in this game is no longer going to appeal to that type of crowd. That crowd would never have stayed long anyways, they always migrate back and forth, there's little point trying to appease them, and now I feel like I actually wasted a night trying to raid with a group like that.

Husband: I want divorce.

Wife: See. I was right to abort the pregnancy.

Edited by Banegio

theres lot to do coming as they jig around the whole "endgame" scene but i would have liked to see ONE OPERATION new.........even if it only dropped the same gear were already seeing, perhaps somebody could flee from revans team and we catch up with him at a secret base and take him down....who cares.......that extra is all we need.

They can not release something they do not have but we got the news that they will start create one right after the expansion.

Just before last expansion the very same DEVS said that yeah 1 year between raids was actually too much and they didnt want it happen again, sounded like a promise to raid community.

A BIG Lie at raid community face.

I would love if all raid community unsub this game until they bring new MMO content.

Myself i'm just waiting for my last 10 days to run out like pretty much all my guild/s did.

It's 1% so you will be fine without us

BTW pvp comunity can unsub too, they have been lied too for a long time already

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Just before last expansion the very same DEVS said that yeah 1 year between raids was actually too much and they didnt want it happen again, sounded like a promise to raid community.

A BIG Lie at raid community face.

I would love if all raid community unsub this game until they bring new MMO content.

Myself i'm just waiting for my last 10 days to run out like pretty much all my guild/s did.

I remember it was 14 months.

14 months from Ziost... June/July 2016?

Edited by Halinalle

I remember it was 14 months.

14 months from Ziost... June 2016?

Raiders dont count ziost. It's 1 single boss and actually its been only a problem than anything else.

At least before 3.0 they released NiM mode.

Not even that this time

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Just before last expansion the very same DEVS said that yeah 1 year between raids was actually too much and they didnt want it happen again, sounded like a promise to raid community.ity face.

It is what it is and nothing can change that, they have their marketing plan in motion and the only we as players can do is have a good time and enjoy that this game has a very bright future,

Old operation rising to level 65 isn't new content. It's OLD content but upgraded to end game.

This isn't bad, but this a logical thing that, they already should did in previous expansions.

I'm hoping that they have some new operation for expantion release that they kept in secret. And will release the news in some months.

And perhaps before expansion they'll release the Emperor Operation.

They can not release something they do not have but we got the news that they will start create one right after the expansion.

You make that sounds promising. Seeing as they haven't even bothered to start MAKING a raid since ravs/tos leaves no question that they are incompetent or just lack any care for raiding in general. Either way they deserve all the hate they can get from anyone who even remotely cared about operations.

Edited by mastirkal

With the announcement that there will be no new content and all of the current content will simply be raised to level cap, Bioware has lost me.

Translation :

"FPs & OPS = Content

Story & PvP & everything else = not Content"

Edited by AlrikFassbauer