Buff Guardian / Juggernaut

Azheon

All classes have something against root except juggernauts even it is a melee spec, juggernaut needs something against root, too(maybe a speed buff against root like inquisitors and pts have). Imagine 4 ranges are focusing a juggernaut... Juggernaut charges one of them, then a sorcerer pulls it, then after the immunity one of them roots jugg and it finishes there, enraged defense doesn't help that much against too much dots. If they root jugg before it charges, it is worse... If they have a sniper in the team it is worst. Before 3.0 rage spec was playable and root was not much problem because of the obliterate skill. Now, many tier 1 juggs from s3 were around 1300 rating after 3.0 and it(vengeance the one playable spec) got one more nerf when unstoppable be an utility(-1 utility nerf). Mara has more survivability at the moment, even it is a dps class. There are at least 20 assassins that have tier 1, but only 2 juggernauts have tier 1 on TOFN. A juggernaut who did 2.6k rating at s3 now has 1308 rating with 90 wins.

And juggernaut also needs damage buff, if bw won't nerf assassin's damage more.

EDIT

Solo Ranked Avarages :

Rating	Wins 	#Plyrs	
1369	19392	463  	Powertech/Vanguard
1318	33664	726  	Sage/Sorcerer
1266	4764	145  	Commando/Mercenary
1263	5412	124  	Gunslinger/Sniper
1249	14833	371  	Operative/Scoundrel
1245	38124	877  	Assassin/Shadow
1218	15021	291  	Marauder/Sentinel
1196	20348	523  	Guardian/Juggernaut

Solo Ranked Top 100

Sorcerers : 40

Powertechs : 38

Assassins : 21

Operatives : 13

Marauders : 5

Mercenaries : 5

Juggernauts : 4

Snipers : 3

Even there are too much juggernauts playing solo ranked only 4 players are in top 100

Edited by Azheon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All classes have something against root except juggernauts even it is a melee spec, juggernaut needs something against root, too(maybe a speed buff against root like inquisitors and pts have). Imagine 4 ranges are focusing a juggernaut... Juggernaut charges one of them, then a sorcerer pulls it, then after the immunity one of them roots jugg and it finishes there, enraged defense doesn't help that much against too much dots. If they root jugg before it charges, it is worse... If they have a sniper in the team it is worst. Before 3.0 rage spec was playable and root was not much problem because of the obliterate skill. Now, many tier 1 juggs from s3 were around 1300 rating after 3.0 and it(vengeance the one playable spec) got one more nerf when unstoppable be an utility(-1 utility nerf). Mara has more survivability at the moment, even it is a dps class. There are at least 20 assassins that have tier 1, but only 2 juggernauts have tier 1 on TOFN. A juggernaut who did 2.6k rating at s3 now has 1308 rating with 90 wins.

You have utilities for mobility, mara only have Force camo against root what you dont have, we need to use utiities, too, if we want more mobility, also your TTK is at least 5-6 times longer. Also don't fight sniper as melee, first rule of melee pvp :D

You have utilities for mobility, mara only have Force camo against root what you dont have, we need to use utiities, too, if we want more mobility, also your TTK is at least 5-6 times longer. Also don't fight sniper as melee, first rule of melee pvp :D

juggernaut has through power utility and it is stupid to use it against root, it helps us a lot when we have low hp. i started to play with my mara, because it is pain to play jugg like this. i don't know you are a pvp player or not but in tofn pvp server we generally focus juggernauts instead of marauders, because they die much faster. when i have low hp, i use force cloak and restore my hp to full as a mara, if they try to find me, they waste time and it is still good for our team.

It is normal to see this like a humor, if you don't know anything about pvp.

Man, this crabs playing for fotm classes and think that Jugger is OP. Here is useless to say anything. We just can hope that Bioware read this.

Edited by Anton_RUS

Juggs can prevent roots if they have enure up and the utility. They can prevent/ignore roots if they recently charged. And rage juggs can break roots with the short-range charge. But they still get snared and rooted

ad infinitum vs pts and sorc/sins who can either spam them as part of their attacks/rotations or can aoe them on short cds. Sent transcendence with utilities bought is very good - guardians need something like that, imo.

I'm pretty tired of arguing with terrible ideas on the forums. So I'm just gonna agree. Let's buff Juggs.

Or nerf everyone else so they aren't last place on solo/grouped leaderboards anymore?

Or nerf everyone else so they aren't last place on solo/grouped leaderboards anymore?

Mara/Sent and Merc/Mando would like a word with you.

If you want an honest reply, Jugg/Guardian is probably the 4th strongest AC atm behind Sorc, Sin, and PT. If you aren't playing Vig/Veng you're doing it wrong.

Why are so many bads asking for jugg buffs? 2nd or third post in 2 days whats going on lol?

Do you bads understand that juggs are very strong right now and you are losing due to badness?

Understand.

Edited by Smuglebunny

It is normal to see this like a humor, if you don't know anything about pvp.

I've PvP'd extensively with every class, which is why your post made me laugh so hard. L2P, Guardians/Juggs are just fine in the hands of competent players. :D

Why are so many bads asking for jugg buffs? 2nd or third post in 2 days whats going on lol?

Do you bads understand that juggs are very strong right now and you are losing due to badness?

Understand.

Bads? Lol :) I don t loose because of my badness, I am the best solo rated juggernaut of my PVP server and 2nd juggernaut at world wide atm. If I am bad, who is good? You? Just don't speak about the class that you don't have enough knowledge to talk and don't say bad to anyone better than you, you make yourself funny.

But the most important, learn how to talk.

Mara/Sent and Merc/Mando would like a word with you.

If you want an honest reply, Jugg/Guardian is probably the 4th strongest AC atm behind Sorc, Sin, and PT. If you aren't playing Vig/Veng you're doing it wrong.

Which numbers are you looking at? Looking at average ratings maras and mercs are above juggs (who are #8) Looking just at those characters with at least a few wins under their belt, jugg average rating is much lower than that of every other AC (including maras and mercs). This is looking at all servers, all factions. Note I haven't checked numbers in a few weeks but I doubt they've changed much. It often amuses me how often peoples first impressions or impressions based on isolated observations and thin logic create mountains of wrong assumptions and conclusions that some will cling to with their last, dying breath.

Bads? Lol :) I don t loose because of my badness, I am the best solo rated juggernaut of my PVP server and 2nd juggernaut at world wide atm. If I am bad, who is good? You? Just don't speak about the class that you don't have enough knowledge to talk and don't say bad to anyone better than you, you make yourself funny.

But the most important, learn how to talk.

Such Pro. Such Pawerfull :D it is my caramel and he really good :)

So 4 seconds of root and knockback immunity after charge, plus 10 seconds of MI immunity during Enure/Endure Pain, plus (as Focus/Rage) the ability to break roots on a 10m charge (Zealous Leap/Obliterate) AND on a 30m leap to an ally (Guardian Leap/Intercede) is not enough tools against roots?

I'm so confused why the "buff Guardian/Juggernaut" threads are suddenly popping up. The class plays well. I can't say whether the tank spec is good in comparison to the other tanks, but both dps specs are legit, and without being OP.

And I don't know how the hell people complain about Guardian/Juggernaut burst being too low. Focus/Rage can get in and in the span of 1 GCD hit for 20+k damage (Focused/Raging Burst into Concentrated Slice/Furious Strike crit). More if you use Force Exhaustion/Crush right before the Burst so its big tick happens during your +5% damage window.

Maining a Veng Jugg, I don't find myself needing a buff.

Perhaps a DR on roots could be interesting (or make them count towards resolve, if they aren't already.)

Understand.

Juggs have always been strong... always.

Edited by NinjaScroll

Maining a Veng Jugg, I don't find myself needing a buff.

Perhaps a DR on roots could be interesting (or make them count towards resolve, if they aren't already.)

Juggs have always been strong... always.

Nerf Juggers on 8vs 8 Buff them on Arenas and it is pointless it is game on 8 vs 8 like on flashpoint remain tank + healer + 2 dps marauder. healer = no endurance and light gear + tank low dps and much defence/endurance aaaand Marauder not much endurance but huge dps :D IT is GAME! If you all together who whining abut nerf/buff will pay for UNLEAMITED SUBSCIPTION 70000$ on this game will be best balance or maybe another cartel market with BEST items on mmo galaxy or u can get nothing coz no point add something if u agree to play forever this game without changes xD

Lets together pay to NASA to create nice Balance in game :jawa_wink:

Edited by Wheerlpool

So 4 seconds of root and knockback immunity after charge, plus 10 seconds of MI immunity during Enure/Endure Pain, plus (as Focus/Rage) the ability to break roots on a 10m charge (Zealous Leap/Obliterate) AND on a 30m leap to an ally (Guardian Leap/Intercede) is not enough tools against roots?

I'm so confused why the "buff Guardian/Juggernaut" threads are suddenly popping up. The class plays well. I can't say whether the tank spec is good in comparison to the other tanks, but both dps specs are legit, and without being OP.

And I don't know how the hell people complain about Guardian/Juggernaut burst being too low. Focus/Rage can get in and in the span of 1 GCD hit for 20+k damage (Focused/Raging Burst into Concentrated Slice/Furious Strike crit). More if you use Force Exhaustion/Crush right before the Burst so its big tick happens during your +5% damage window.

LOL

I don't know do you play team or solo ranked warzone as a jugg, but all juggernauts that really know juggernaut know that RAGE SPEC is not PLAYABLE. There is no one doing good as rage after 3.0, so it is pointless to talk about rage. I was playing rage before 3.0, I would like to play again, but it is worse than vengeance atm. All juggernauts who play as rage have low ratings, that's why many good juggernauts stopped playing as rage.

The problem is we can't get rid of root. Sorcerers, assassins use their force speed and break the root, but we have nothing to do when we got root, it is a very big problem for us.

I say this again, only juggs who are not good at the class use endure pain utility before going combat for not to get root, endure pain is much effective to use when we have low hp and it has 1 minute cooldown, using it before going a combat wastes that skill's main benefit, we can't know if we will be the focus or not and we need something to break root, endure pain & force charge are not the solution to break roots.

And people are not idiot, they don't root us when we charge the enemy, they wait 4 seconds and root, lol.

LOL

I don't know do you play team or solo ranked warzone as a jugg, but all juggernauts that really know juggernaut know that RAGE SPEC is not PLAYABLE. There is no one doing good as rage after 3.0, so it is pointless to talk about rage. I was playing rage before 3.0, I would like to play again, but it is worse than vengeance atm. All juggernauts who play as rage have low ratings, that's why many good juggernauts stopped playing as rage.

The problem is we can't get rid of root. Sorcerers, assassins use their force speed and break the root, but we have nothing to do when we got root, it is a very big problem for us.

I say this again, only juggs who are not good at the class use endure pain utility before going combat for not to get root, endure pain is much effective to use when we have low hp and it has 1 minute cooldown, using it before going a combat wastes that skill's main benefit, we can't know if we will be the focus or not and we need something to break root, endure pain & force charge are not the solution to break roots.

And people are not idiot, they don't root us when we charge the enemy, they wait 4 seconds and root, lol.

You just got outplayed. Deal with it.

Nerf Juggers on 8vs 8 Buff them on Arenas and it is pointless it is game on 8 vs 8 like on flashpoint remain tank + healer + 2 dps marauder. healer = no endurance and light gear + tank low dps and much defence/endurance aaaand Marauder not much endurance but huge dps :D IT is GAME! If you all together who whining abut nerf/buff will pay for UNLEAMITED SUBSCIPTION 70000$ on this game will be best balance or maybe another cartel market with BEST items on mmo galaxy or u can get nothing coz no point add something if u agree to play forever this game without changes xD

Lets together pay to NASA to create nice Balance in game :jawa_wink:

Da*** are you talking about just now ?

I failed to understand.

Da*** are you talking about just now ?

I failed to understand.

It's Twente/Jeezee.

If you want more information, roll an imp character on ToFN, get the char to the fleet, and then ask in general who Jeezee is. You'll get an answer.