Treek is the min/max obvious choice for a Sorc when levelling, but....

Letsjet

OMG is he so incompatible when what a Sorc should be. Is there any rational way to use his appropriate big man Khem and arm him to a degree that your off heals are enough to bench Treek and still fly though mons37-60 with little downtime??

equip your khem with oranges from Cartel keep him up to date with basic comms, but that is difficult if you're trying to level yourself as well. Companions really should have a armor vendor <-< but get always choose basic comms when you're prompted to choose a reward. Edited by LordAbbendis

I'm running alts in every class since we are getting 12x exp and 12 comms for each mission quest. (So you basically level up on only the class story.) Plus, all blue mods are only 2 comm, even armoring and barrels.

So for instance, a full blue mod upgrade for both you and your comp, if done ever 7 levels or so leaves you with about 300 comms each refit.

So those of you that have Sorc's and like Khem, if you keep him within 3-5 levels in blues on adaptive armor, and refit before the boss of each chapter, is he as good as Treek? (please say you play him and he is, lol).

I run khem most of the time. it's all in the gear and tactics. First, equip khem as you would a tank role juggernaut. Second, your job is crowd control and healing. When facing multiples, use your stun effects, whirlwind, and other abilities to keep the pressure off khem while you keep him healed up. This can sometimes lead to long drawn out battles. so for tougher targets, keep your DoTs going.

I'm running alts in every class since we are getting 12x exp and 12 comms for each mission quest. (So you basically level up on only the class story.) Plus, all blue mods are only 2 comm, even armoring and barrels.

So for instance, a full blue mod upgrade for both you and your comp, if done ever 7 levels or so leaves you with about 300 comms each refit.

So those of you that have Sorc's and like Khem, if you keep him within 3-5 levels in blues on adaptive armor, and refit before the boss of each chapter, is he as good as Treek? (please say you play him and he is, lol).

I did this before with many tank companions, Khem included, over a dozen leveling alts to 55 (some to 60 but got bored). Even in 192 Yavin IV companion tank gear none of them can compete with Treek in durability and tankiness with same gear level equipped period. Treek is the best Tank/Healer/range dps combo package you can get which is why that Ewok requires level 40 legacy and a million credits OR a hefty Cartel Coin purchase (worth it IMO).

Treek can Tank in Heavy Armor & Shield, does good AOE damage that ignores CCed targets, taunting, Self heals AND Off heals too. You can even switch her to heal mode and she heals great for a tank LMAO since the stats should more than cover healing needs.

No matter which tank companion you gear out, Treek will always be superior so the only real use for say Khem would be for story, RP and "for the heck of it" purposes. Also, I sometimes use Xalek to tank dallies... he is weaker than Khem but does more damage. Treek laughs at his pathetic tanking.

• 2 weeks later...

I went from 10th to 60th with Khen and he worked great.

Give him good equipment and he will do all the pulling and tanking you need to clear mobs in PvE.

He taunts he survives (again make sure he is equiped well) and he kills.

I had no problems anywhere in the game with Khen.

OMG is he so incompatible when what a Sorc should be. Is there any rational way to use his appropriate big man Khem and arm him to a degree that your off heals are enough to bench Treek and still fly though mons37-60 with little downtime??

Treek is amazing, but so long as you keep your companions gear up to date they all do fine. I would also consider taking tank stance off of Khem and share the aggro. Companion tanks tend to bite off more than they can chew, except Treek of course. :jawa_tongue:

Finally, Treek is a girl.

Tank companions have not really been updated since the game came out, so they are not very practical for actual use. Especially as you get over level 30, you're really starting to waste your time with them in my opinion.

Melee DPS companions in Dot stance can add enough dps to offset the heals of treek though. Unfortunately for a sorc, your only option is Ashara. I just put on a darkside looking customization on her, dress her like a rauder and bare with her annoying commentary.

Also, a surprising side note... Treek has noticeably lower overall heals than your ship droid or Talos when geared the same :) She's cool, but she wouldn't land the title of "obvious" choice for me.

I run Bowdaar with my Smuggler and Khen with my sorc and they both work great. You just need to make sure you equip them like you would your character if he was a tank. Adaptive Armor with lots of defense goes a long. I can often even at high levels just send them in and chill while they kill the mobs. of course I like to move fast so I lay down the waste and then its like moving through a vacuum. Anyone that says tanking companions suck doesnt equip them right.

There are no companions like Treek for tank and HK for dps (Nadia on my sage comes close due to compatibility in gearing).

And contrary to a post above using a tank as a companion is super cause it provides very little downtime (by mounting/remounting), particularly for classes that don't have instant/dot self-heals.

Khem is a fine tank. He should hold all trash packs for you to nuke flat and if you can't keep him up versus quest boss types while you DPS, that's a PICNIC issue. If he's squishy, you aren't gearing him right.

Fastest companion to go with (baring HK on low-level characters...) is Ashara. Gear her to the teeth with twin sabers, activate all her damage abilitiss, throw her a shield and send her at the big mob in the pack. If she doesn't hurt, you're not gearing her right. If you are having problems with loose mobs, you aren't playing right.

Just trade these two off as needed.

Edited by Canareth

if you know what youre doing then a dedicated healer or a dedicated tank companion is just as good as treek if not better in certain aspects. Treek suffers from the jack of all trades, master of none syndrome.

Nah khem still is unless your leveling as dps or a tank then yea she is . but before her as some one else said use the healer pets the right way etc . but to me

KHEM still rules I pull a lot with him i mean a lot at once .Ive tired with her and all ways end up pulling khem back out .

Edited by tanktest

The more presence you have the more Treek pulls ahead of the other Tanks, especially if you have the full +500 from legacy.

Don't forget to get the Human class first in the line up it's the only one on the account that gives a full 100 per toon :) .I have all the legacy buff on both my accounts .

In terms of lore, I don't think Treek is all that inappropriate. She's adventurous opportunist at her core, and she's not afraid to get bloody. In terms of personality she fit in great with my Sorc, but I played him light-sided; perhaps that made a difference in my mind.

From a mechanics perspective, I preferred Treek over Khem as a tank. Using adaptive gear with equivalent level of mods, Treek just seemed to make the fight go smoother and faster. I'm not sure what combination of DPS, ease of healing, and threat generation went into it, but if I felt like I was having to heal Khem a little too much, I'd use Treek instead. I suppose I could have used stuns, CCs, and knockbacks more effectively to reduce damage to Khem, but I'll just say Treek is more forgiving in that area.

That said, she's mouthy. It's like having a yapping terrier tank for you. While I don't have a problem with how Treek fit my Sorcerer lore-wise, I do prefer Khem.