Merc/Mando PvP: anti-focus, DCDs, immunities

klham

I don't think the devs are stupid. They clearly have this data and way more (they can actually see rankings beyond top 100 and discipline breakdown). And they clearly know that Mercenaries have survivability issues, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the Chaff Flare buffs and incoming Rapid Scan changes.

The problem, of course, is that they probably suspected that those changes would have done more than they have. They tend to work in baby steps - slowly and overtime. Tweaking with a chisel rather than hammering with a mallet.

That makes a lot of sense from a game designer point of view. It's just rather difficult for us who play the class to wait so long for us to actually be in an enjoyable state.

Best we can do is to keep shouting "hey, it's still not enough!"

Except for you know, the fact that they seem to always take baby steps with the merc/mando class but giant leaps with the others.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for you know, the fact that they seem to always take baby steps with the merc/mando class but giant leaps with the others.

the nerfs to pyro PT were slow and steady as well (from 1.x to 2). 2.x saw irregular fluctuation in nerfs and buffs, but they were pretty deliberate in reducing the proc on rail iirc.

the nerfs to pyro PT were slow and steady as well (from 1.x to 2). 2.x saw irregular fluctuation in nerfs and buffs, but they were pretty deliberate in reducing the proc on rail iirc.

And the super speed boost to HO and a an increase in range for AP were deliberate? Any nerfs that PTs/VGs received from 1.x to 2 were quickly undone with 3.0.

Of course, that's not to mention the immunities that shadows/sins received along with a 30 meter mez in low slash.

The devs have a history of over buffing classes and under buffing others and then slowly trying to make corrections. While I would normally say small corrections is a good thing, it's not when what caused the need for the small correction was one huge, or multiple large changes.

You have to admit that at the rate their going it's going to be a very, very long time before mercs/mandos are going to be thought of any other than a, relatively, free kill in ranked.

And the super speed boost to HO and a an increase in range for AP were deliberate? Any nerfs that PTs/VGs received from 1.x to 2 were quickly undone with 3.0.

Of course, that's not to mention the immunities that shadows/sins received along with a 30 meter mez in low slash.

The devs have a history of over buffing classes and under buffing others and then slowly trying to make corrections. While I would normally say small corrections is a good thing, it's not when what caused the need for the small correction was one huge, or multiple large changes.

You have to admit that at the rate their going it's going to be a very, very long time before mercs/mandos are going to be thought of any other than a, relatively, free kill in ranked.

this isn't an argument. they've done a lot a wholesale revision and then left it like that regardless. and they've done some stuff piecemeal. the point where sorcs are ungodly in soloQ is the result of a steady increase. remember when barrier was a joke and ppl wanted to murder the dev who said "h2f and make them pay"?

this isn't an argument. they've done a lot a wholesale revision and then left it like that regardless. and they've done some stuff piecemeal. the point where sorcs are ungodly in soloQ is the result of a steady increase. remember when barrier was a joke and ppl wanted to murder the dev who said "h2f and make them pay"?

I'm fairly certain they said the same thing to mercs/mandos at one point and then nerfed our off heals.

Actually, I think it was "LOS H2F and make them pay" for the mercs/mandos. This still can't happen for mercs/mandos but sorcs/sages can heal themselves up pretty good in their barrier.

It seems like for every two steps forward our class makes, they end up having to take another one back. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how the ranged class with the shortest range has the longest CD on its interrupt.

just sayin' there's no pattern. and very little (expressed) logic as to why they do what they do and why they don't do what they don't do. :)

and there's no consistency from patch/xpac to patch/xpac about what they're fixing. sometimes it's baby steps over long periods of time (6-12 months). sometimes it's lighting fast (operative knockdown). and sometimes it's just nonsensical (12s stun immunity tied to deflection or bubble stun).

Edited by foxmob

just sayin' there's no pattern. and very little (expressed) logic as to why they do what they do and why they don't do what they don't do. :)

and there's no consistency from patch/xpac to patch/xpac about what they're fixing. sometimes it's baby steps over long periods of time (6-12 months). sometimes it's lighting fast (operative knockdown). and sometimes it's just nonsensical (12s stun immunity tied to deflection or bubble stun).

I agree. I don't know why some classes persist in an over-tuned state for so long while one class in particular continually gets meager table scraps and has their small gains almost immediately mooted by buffs to other classes.

Edited by klham