Racgoul Plague is just a Greefers tool Thank Bioware

denavin

Thank you Bioware for giving the game greefers one more tool to make playing a PIA. You have allowed other players to spread this plague just so they can greef. Are you trying to drive players away from the game? Well I for one will not be playing till this event is over. Thank you for taking the fun out of SWTOR.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bioware for giving the game greefers one more tool to make playing a PIA. You have allowed other players to spread this plague just so they can greef. Are you trying to drive players away from the game? Well I for one will not be playing till this event is over. Thank you for taking the fun out of SWTOR.

Can I have your stuff?

Wish there was something like vaccines or relics in the game that would keep me from getting the plague. Damn you BW hot fix this now.

Well its going to cost alot more than that been infected 6 times in the last 30 min.

Do the quest line once, and you will have enough rep with THORN to buy the relics. Not only are they neutral and available for 25, 35, and 45, they boost presence and endurance - a blessing for any soloer - and to top it all off, the THORN relics are Legacy bound, so you can use the relic then send it to all your alts so everyone can have the vaccine.

Do the quest line once, and you will have enough rep with THORN to buy the relics. Not only are they neutral and available for 25, 35, and 45, they boost presence and endurance - a blessing for any soloer - and to top it all off, the THORN relics are Legacy bound, so you can use the relic then send it to all your alts so everyone can have the vaccine.

If they just sold the relic cheap as an opt-out, you might have a point.

As it stands, you have to do the quests for the event to avoid the event (in that manner) going forward.

Really, the event needs to be modified so that participation is 100% opt-in.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Wish there was something like vaccines or relics in the game that would keep me from getting the plague. Damn you BW hot fix this now.

Are you serious or trolling????

You can go to any medical droid and buy a 6 hour vaccine for 2,000

You do realize it's your own fault to get infected in the first place.

Secondly just stay away from a large group on the fleet and don't go afk unless you're in an empty area.

This is why I just stay on the stronghold or focus doing daily missions ect...

You do realize it's your own fault to get infected in the first place.

Secondly just stay away from a large group on the fleet and don't go afk unless you're in an empty area.

This is why I just stay on the stronghold or focus doing daily missions ect...

"If you didn't want to get beat up, you shouldn't have come down this hallway. Oh, you have class here? Well, that's a shame."

If they just sold the relic cheap as an opt-out, you might have a point.

As it stands, you have to do the quests for the event to avoid the event (in that manner) going forward.

Really, the event needs to be modified so that participation is 100% opt-in.

It's still very very little effort to have an effective and everlasting solution. I wish any other thing one might find annoying could have an easy way out such as this.

But yeah, I guess being miserable and complaining is even easier. Oh well...

Are you serious or trolling????

You can go to any medical droid and buy a 6 hour vaccine for 2,000

He was being facetious. Thanks for playing, though.

As for the event, it's hilarious watching these posts come up, people claiming "griefing" (as is the proper spelling, take note). This is how the event was designed. This is the way it's *always* been. If you don't want to log in anymore until the event is over, that's your perogative, but there are multitudes of ways to avoid the event in its entirety.

I also know you're trolling as you've been "infected 6 times in 30 seconds", as you so eloquently put it. You get infected once. That's it. Then you either suicide off a balcony on fleet (no repair bill), you get a vaccine (2K creds, and if you seriously can't come up with that, you're doing something VERY wrong), you do part of the event to get a relic, or you visit other areas where people are less likely to explode on you, such as, VIP area, your own Stronghold or guild stronghold/flagship, to name a few.

At least don't allow it on fleet. Jams it up.

Not allowing it on fleet would go 90+% of the way towards de-trolling the event.

As it stands, the event is like "Until July 7th, we're allowing open world TvP on all servers, and it's going to be concentrated on what's otherwise the safest public area in the game."

The event does have one benefit -- there are always a few more people you find out can be put on forum ignore because they're trolls, people who think it's funny to make others miserable, or who think that it's the responsibility of people who don't want to take part to go out of their way to avoid the event.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

who think that it's the responsibility of people who don't want to take part to go out of their way to avoid the event.

Actually that part right there, doesn't make sense. I decided this time I would do the event but before going to the fleet, or anything I went to my cargo bay where I had a stash of Vaccs on hand. I bought them for that "Just incase" this event would come back around. I used the vacc, and jumped to the fleet to grab the quest since I started playing on a new server. So it really is the person's fault that they refuse to toss out 2k in creds for a 6 hour vacc. I have enough to get me through the event and when I'm on my lvl 60 I have it on. Same with my other toons. I know some try to infect others for the sheer fun, and also because I believe they can get something out of it. But basically doesn't matter what you complain about this is after all an MMO, you don't wanna deal, shut it off, and ignore until event is over. No real reason to rage on the forums to cause a scene. Oh wait. I forgot yeah it is a reason to rage on the forums.

Actually that part right there, doesn't make sense. I decided this time I would do the event but before going to the fleet, or anything I went to my cargo bay where I had a stash of Vaccs on hand. I bought them for that "Just incase" this event would come back around. I used the vacc, and jumped to the fleet to grab the quest since I started playing on a new server. So it really is the person's fault that they refuse to toss out 2k in creds for a 6 hour vacc. I have enough to get me through the event and when I'm on my lvl 60 I have it on. Same with my other toons. I know some try to infect others for the sheer fun, and also because I believe they can get something out of it. But basically doesn't matter what you complain about this is after all an MMO, you don't wanna deal, shut it off, and ignore until event is over. No real reason to rage on the forums to cause a scene. Oh wait. I forgot yeah it is a reason to rage on the forums.

Emphasis added.

That's like saying it's your fault for being mugged because you didn't hire a bodyguard...

(Not in scale, no -- and those who latch onto the scale in those comparisons are deliberately missing the point, usually in an effort to belittle those who don't think harassing others is funny.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Emphasis added.

That's like saying it's your fault for being mugged because you didn't hire a bodyguard...

(Not in scale, no -- and those who latch onto the scale in those comparisons are deliberately missing the point, usually in an effort to belittle those who don't think harassing others is funny.)

Why not be practical ? Why not avoid the annoyance ? Why being miserable playing the game, or why refrain yourself from playing at all ?

The effective solution is at everyone's reach, very very easily. Why choose not to take that solution ? You can still keep reporting people for griefing others and fighting the good fight here on forums if you feel like it. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

it still all boils down to this. you just wanna complain for the sake of complaining, and you dont wanna fork out the credits need for the vaccine, so come here and do what? Whine about it ??

Well if that's the case , would you like some cheese to go with your wine???? :p

usually in an effort to belittle those who don't think harassing others is funny.

Playing the event isn't harassing anybody. If you don't like the event, that's fine. The vaccine is there and it's cheap. Would I be against the price being lowered? Not at all. But it's not unreasonable as it is for the time that it lasts. Regardless, the event encourages spreading the plague and if you don't want to be infected you can, again, take the vaccine. I'd consider it harassment if there was a way to bypass the vaccine and infect somebody anyway. To my knowledge, there isn't. Outside of that they're playing the event in a legitimate way and are thus not harassing anybody, I can respect not liking the event but you can't blame them for wanting to participate.

Also, neither of your comparisons have been good in my opinion, and not because of the scale. You can't compare an illegal act to something that's encouraged in a video game for an event. Whether that illegal act is a mugging or getting beat up, those aren't things that are encouraged and within the rules to do. They're illegal. Nobody should be expecting to get mugged or beat up in their every day life. The Rakghoul Plague, on the other hand, is legal (within the game) and encouraged so going into the event you know it's a possibility and more importantly you know it's part of the event's mechanics. The person infecting you isn't doing anything wrong and comparing them to a mugger or a schoolyard bully is extreme hyperbole in the face of that fact.

Emphasis added.

It's more like saying "if you don't vaccinate your children, it is your fault if they get measles."

Hardly worth even complaining about with a 5 hour Vaccine that is dirt cheap. Or Relics.

Or a VIP section in the Fleet. Or a stronghold. A guild ship. A guild stronghold. Nar Shaddaa. Coruscant. Dromund Kas.

I have not been infected ONCE. And I play a lot... Err..

"If you didn't want to get beat up, you shouldn't have come down this hallway. Oh, you have class here? Well, that's a shame."

Analogy doesn't work as you can easily avoid getting beat up in fleet and still travel thru there like normal by simply being alert.

I know, hard work is hard right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.