Aoe cc

Chapelcloth

Are they ever going to tone down the massive amounts of AOE CC in this game? Whatever I guess, maybe I am the only one that gets frustrated.

I'm trying to remember the AoE CC abilities used in PvP.

Operatives/Scoundrels have flashbang.

Powertechs/Vanguards have carbonize.

Warriors/Knights have intimidating roar.

Sorcerers/Sages can utility into AoE flashbang for breaking static barrier.

What am I missing?

Edited by TheJollyRogers

AOE slows

AOE pushbacks and root

I am sure I am still missing something

Ah. I make a separation from CC to slows/roots. To me, traditional CC means you lose control of your character entirely (stuns, mezzes). Because you still can technically attack/interrupt caps while slowed/rooted.

EDIT: Anyways, besides the point. What class are you playing?

Edited by TheJollyRogers

Ops, I see why you see all these sages around. I'm 55 atm. maybe it gets better. My dps is good 300-400k+ most pvp matches(prol not great, but good I would think). I off heal as much as possible, usually have around 200-300k.

Once I get in range it is just aoe cc to the max then single target to contend with

I guess that's the life of a melee and why (it feels like 80%) of everyone is a ranged class.

Yeah, as an Operative have to be careful about being in the fray. Not only because of CC but also because we're pretty squishy when roll is down. Are you concealment?

If you are, a well-placed roll will resist CC. For example, if you're on a healer Sorcerer and their static barrier is up, I'll volatile substance and, when I'm ready to backstab, back up, roll into the healer and backstab while I still have the short resist window to prevent blind.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

Yeah, as an Operative have to be careful about being in the fray. Not only because of CC but also because we're pretty squishy when roll is down. Are you concealment?

If you are, a well-placed roll will resist CC. For example, if you're on a healer Sorcerer and their static barrier is up, I'll volatile substance and, when I'm ready to backstab, back up, roll into the healer and backstab while I still have the short resist window to prevent blind.

Also see this handy guide on how to play concealment operative

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=820145

Thanks to you both. Any help is always welcome.

The "guide" they posted is a troll post by a local forum member. Mosh, one of the more well-known operatives in the community, is actually releasing a Concealment guide in the next few days. Keep posted to the Operative/Scoundrel forum. :D

As a follow up I do not see a guild at that forum post provided. It looks like he meant for the link to be embedded in the word Exfiltrate, but there is no link.

I would ignore that post. The poster was not intending to help anyone and was just poking fun at Operatives for excessively using Exfiltrate.

As I said, an actual guide will be posted on the Operative/Scoundrel forum in a few days by a member named Mosh.

EDIT: By the way, fellow PvP community, when people are trying to get some help for their class, would you mind not taking the opportunity to be a douche and actually try being helpful.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

just internet trolls. like 5'5 kids that weigh less than 100 pounds finally get to be the "bully" lol. To much pent up rage.

Anyway, I see what you are saying I just don't have that 56 or 57 abl yet. I can handle single target CC well never really an issue. it's just all that aoe cc then single target on top of it.

As concealment you can time your rolls to be immune to sorc bubble stun on your opener. Have to have at least some alacrity so that your roll ends a fraction of a second before the 1.5s immunity during roll. Roll up behind sorc, backstab (bubble pops, you don't get stunned) and then continue LOLing as you shred them.

Also a good idea when fighting sorcs at full health to save your volatile until it will be a killing blow. I usually roll up, open with backstab, lacerate a few times, shiv, and wait till acid blade wears off before I apply volatile, then begin the rotation again. Many sorcs will know to barrier through your volatile substance, and will automatically assume that you have applied it at the first opportunity. I choose to let them live a little longer in exchange for surprising them with even more burst the second time around. Get a lot more kills without their immunity barrier this way.

As concealment you can time your rolls to be immune to sorc bubble stun on your opener. Have to have at least some alacrity so that your roll ends a fraction of a second before the 1.5s immunity during roll. Roll up behind sorc, backstab (bubble pops, you don't get stunned) and then continue LOLing as you shred them.

Also a good idea when fighting sorcs at full health to save your volatile until it will be a killing blow. I usually roll up, open with backstab, lacerate a few times, shiv, and wait till acid blade wears off before I apply volatile, then begin the rotation again. Many sorcs will know to barrier through your volatile substance, and will automatically assume that you have applied it at the first opportunity. I choose to let them live a little longer in exchange for surprising them with even more burst the second time around. Get a lot more kills without their immunity barrier this way.

Ah, yes, flashbanging a sorc as soon as barrier ends, applying volatile substance, waiting for his damage shield to wear off and then using snipe > backstab on him when you have the autocrit proc... Dat ~26k burst in 1 GCD.

I don't have the 57 abl, however is that saying every tick of corrosive dart volatile will proc? Am I wasting time putting on my dot? I do all the time now.

After Volatile Substance has been on for a few seconds, the first poison damage the target receives (whether it be from your Backstab's Acid Blade or a Corrosive Dart tick) will proc it. After that, it is removed.

I would recommend you save off from using Corrosive Dart and rely on using Backstab to ignite Volatile Substance as it will create more burst in a shorter window. The only time I deviate from this rotation is if I want to explode Volatile Substance from beyond melee range (eg. target is at 10% health and is running away). Otherwise, Corrosive Dart is primarily used to just keep players in combat, preventing regeneration abilities and restealthing. However, it also means you can't use any soft CC like flashbang.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

Thanks for all the help.

One other question...

What is with bolster? I was at 2018 exp then I put all lvl 55 172 mods in my gear and I now have 1728 and less hit points than my friend even tho I have 15k more hitpoints than him outside of pvp matches. Bolster...sigh...

Thanks for all the help.

One other question...

What is with bolster? I was at 2018 exp then I put all lvl 55 172 mods in my gear and I now have 1728 and less hit points than my friend even tho I have 15k more hitpoints than him outside of pvp matches. Bolster...sigh...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

yeah.. that's how bolster works.. 168 is the magic number, anything above that takes away expertise AND mainstat.

how do you not know this?

You mean 162 :p

Edited by Romeugues

One big problem is imho they're just handing out slows and roots as side-effects to damage abilities. It would probably be best if all CCs in the game would require you to actually press an extra button to apply it and not just happen as a side-effect. Edited by DynamiCtagez

One big problem is imho they're just handing out slows and roots as side-effects to damage abilities. It would probably be best if all CCs in the game would require you to actually press an extra button to apply it and not just happen as a side-effect.

I have to agree with that as well.