Speed hacks and lag hacks galor

SithScorp

Or perhaps they're lagging... that too can influence what you're experiencing.

If they were lagging they wouldnt cros the map in the time span of 2 seconds.

It is actually disturbing how many deniers there are here. I have never in my life seen more deniers in a forum than here. Sure it isn't some plague that happens every match, but it happens often enough to warrant some serious attention from BW and not to be swept under the rug. I mean seriously, why on earth are they PROTECTING the speed hackers by banning the ones reporting them? Like someone said earlier, it is like arresting someone for going to the police station to report a crime with cold hard evidence in their hands.

Edited by mmmbuddah

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually disturbing how many deniers there are here. I have never in my life seen more deniers in a forum than here. Sure it isn't some plague that happens every match, but it happens often enough to warrant some serious attention from BW and not to be swept under the rug. I mean seriously, why on earth are they PROTECTING the speed hackers by banning the ones reporting them? Like someone said earlier, it is like arresting someone for going to the police station to report a crime with cold hard evidence in their hands.

The reason naming and shaming isn't allowed is because 99% of the time the naming is wrong, but the shaming happens nonetheless.

If someone tomorrow opens a thread saying "Kawabonga is a nub hacker no skillz!!111!1" there's bound to be a certain number of people that fall for it. What happens next? I get unjustly harassed in game because someone said i'm a nub hacker.

That being said, I do agree that video proof shouldn't fall into the same category. Unfortunately, the only video proof I've seen lately is that of the big bad marauder with the J in his name that runs very fast.

There are a couple of screenshots going around lately about people leaving maps, but I'd say it's pretty unclear whether it's a hack or an exploit, which are two vastly different (bad) things.

Edited by Kawabonga

I gotta agree...it's ridiculous how this is handled by Bioware.

The reason naming and shaming isn't allowed is because 99% of the time the naming is wrong, but the shaming happens nonetheless.

If someone tomorrow opens a thread saying "Kawabonga is a nub hacker no skillz!!111!1" there's bound to be a certain number of people that fall for it. What happens next? I get unjustly harassed in game because someone said i'm a nub hacker.

That being said, I do agree that video proof shouldn't fall into the same category. Unfortunately, the only video proof I've seen lately is that of the big bad marauder with the J in his name that runs very fast.

There are a couple of screenshots going around lately about people leaving maps, but I'd say it's pretty unclear whether it's a hack or an exploit, which are two vastly different (bad) things.

There were others that were doing the speed hack as well, but I cant do **** about it, I send my tickets, but I highly doubt anything will happen considering there is no option to send video or screen shots in game.

And then we get people like you who say "ONLY ONE PERSON IS DOING IT, IT IS ULTRA RARE" or "It never happens l2p"

So either we post proof and we are damned by bw, or we don't and send tickets in and we are damned by the community for not showing proof.

Logic.

When you submit a ticket it doesn't make a forum post for you. Just submit your ticket with a link to your proof if you have some and move on with your life.

When you submit a ticket it doesn't make a forum post for you. Just submit your ticket with a link to your proof if you have some and move on with your life.

Surprisingly this is also bannable... By uploading a video online with proof will also get you banned/receive a warning if they identify you as the uploader... It has been tried before...

As most people who make tickets on any subject know, CS respond with a generic email... Sometimes they will even respond to you if you reply to them... I have sent them proof and been told they can't acept 3rd party proof... I know of others that have been told the same thing..

The only thing they will do is look at their own data... Which CS dont do... It comes down to time and resources to pay someone to do this... It isn't an automatic thing either... Otherwise why do they ask for server name, time, map and a description of what occurred even though you have followed Eric's flawed method of reporting them (which is bugged)...

When ever the DEVS do something to change the code to prevent cheating... The hackers just find a work around... Obviously bios systems don't pick this up or we wouldn't need to report them ourselves...

So the whole report/detection system in this game is flawed... If Bio really cared they would impliment a better system... But also put some moderators in matches on a regular basis to police this problem...

I know that they have some community people with ties to Bio run an administration version of the game where they can see extra data by other players... Having an admin version would theoretically allow these people to adjust their own settings like the Devs can... This version has been distributed by some of these people without Bios knowledge... I have personally witnessed people mistakenly say in chat... Turn on Admin mode so we can stomp these guys... I also know from being in voice chat with someone who has permission from bio to have this version that nobody is supposed to know about it... I also know that they can't detect certain cheats because the hacks are masked...

So now I have made this public, be prepared for this thread to be deleted... And Bio you better not give me a warning because Ive never entered into any agreement with you regarding this information and it's not in the TOS... And sorry to anyone affected by this... But I'm just so sick of people questioning my intentions when I actually have information that refutes their arguments

Surprisingly this is also bannable... By uploading a video online with proof will also get you banned/receive a warning if they identify you as the uploader... It has been tried before...

As most people who make tickets on any subject know, CS respond with a generic email... Sometimes they will even respond to you if you reply to them... I have sent them proof and been told they can't acept 3rd party proof... I know of others that have been told the same thing..

The only thing they will do is look at their own data... Which CS dont do... It comes down to time and resources to pay someone to do this... It isn't an automatic thing either... Otherwise why do they ask for server name, time, map and a description of what occurred even though you have followed Eric's flawed method of reporting them (which is bugged)...

When ever the DEVS do something to change the code to prevent cheating... The hackers just find a work around... Obviously bios systems don't pick this up or we wouldn't need to report them ourselves...

So the whole report/detection system in this game is flawed... If Bio really cared they would impliment a better system... But also put some moderators in matches on a regular basis to police this problem...

I know that they have some community people with ties to Bio run an administration version of the game where they can see extra data by other players... Having an admin version would theoretically allow these people to adjust their own settings like the Devs can... This version has been distributed by some of these people without Bios knowledge... I have personally witnessed people mistakenly say in chat... Turn on Admin mode so we can stomp these guys... I also know from being in voice chat with someone who has permission from bio to have this version that nobody is supposed to know about it... I also know that they can't detect certain cheats because the hacks are masked...

So now I have made this public, be prepared for this thread to be deleted... And Bio you better not give me a warning because Ive never entered into any agreement with you regarding this information and it's not in the TOS... And sorry to anyone affected by this... But I'm just so sick of people questioning my intentions when I actually have information that refutes their arguments

lol you're bad bro. Get over it.

But I'm just so sick of people questioning my intentions when I actually have information that refutes their arguments

If you're actually sick of it try knocking off the reams of transparent bull**** and innuendo. Your posts on this subject go far beyond the realm of reasonable and try to refute more experiential knowledge than anything else, so it's only natural for folks to assume that you're an awful troll and/or mental case. That's on you, not your audience.

Don't act like a martyr either. You're propagating misinformation that doesn't help PVP. That deserved ridicule and shouting down, not praise.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I also know from being in voice chat with someone who has permission from bio to have this version that nobody is supposed to know about it.

I call ******** on this. Please come to our TS server I can tell you some ******** too.

Since you're lying or didn't play there why are you replying to me?

I played on pot5 since early access and just recently transferred off. Anything else? So many people using a specific speed hack there it isn't funny. It is easily googled.

Edited by dlcman

I played on pot5 since early access and just recently transferred off. Anything else? So many people using a specific speed hack there it isn't funny. It is easily googled.

I'll go by what I saw and heard queuing there pretty much daily for years over google hax.

A little glut early on around merges, a sorc whose name I don't remember that made a few showings, gingergerm and his pt. II crapping on yolo and regs, and a few speeders scattered throughout. Not much in a multi-year span. Sure as hell not the epidemic proportions people are b.s.ing about.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I'll go by what I saw and heard queuing there pretty much daily for years over google hax.

A little glut early on around merges, a sorc whose name I don't remember that made a few showings, gingergerm and his pt. II crapping on yolo and regs, and a few speeders scattered throughout. Not much in a multi-year span. Sure as hell not the epidemic proportions people are b.s.ing about.

I seen flawless speedhacking. From there i memorized his nickname i payed some attention to his activity - spamming gen chat with numbers and all sort of delusional phrases .... For more then a month after i saw him speedhacking.

We done here brah.

I seen flawless speedhacking. From there i memorized his nickname i payed some attention to his activity - spamming gen chat with numbers and all sort of delusional phrases .... For more then a month after i saw him speedhacking.

We done here brah.

I too began on POT5 and only transferred a bit over a month ago, and I'm with Joe on this...aside from a few big instances, I never really saw anything that made me certain someone else was cheating. I've seen suspect things sure, but it's not like it was common.

I guess I'm unsure by what you mean about flawless speedhacking...you mean obvious and blatant? Gingers?! Bioware let him hack for closer to 2 months...but aside from him, I haven't seen it since.

I'm not naive...I know hacking does and will continue to happen, but I don't agree that POT5 was bad at all. It was pretty damn good tbh. A few cases, but nothing like in other games I've played.

We done here brah.

Did you even read my posts? Nope.

A few cases, but nothing like in other games I've played.

^ That. I've played hack ridden games too, this definitely isn't one of them.

Some of you people are drama queening. "I saw a guy speedhacking zomg it's everywhere all the time" lololol

I call ******** on this. Please come to our TS server I can tell you some ******** too.

Why not say it hear and not on VC... This is the problem... I've been on VC and been told by certain people that they actually have this version... That they have it ledgitimately and use it to report problems to Bio

Plus, do you think I would get on voice chat with a stranger after the DDoS trolling that certain people were doing...

Your intelligent and thought out response has been noted.

:rolleyes:

If you yell hacks in this game then yes you're bad. There are exceptionally few hackers and to try and represent that any other way is dishonest at best or shows a complete lack of understanding of game mechanics at worst.

LoL... I found some legit software for doing all the things you deniers say are impossible... And no it's not cheatEng***...

I was actually shocked at some of the other things you can do that I thought were impossible...

One option for the speed hack was to adjust percentage of the speed increase from 1-100%... This has been something that we have been telling you is happening, but which you deny... It goes to show that more people are using this on a small increase to hide the fact they are cheating, but still giving them an advantage... If you can't notice or haven't seen it, well you obviously don't know all the class abilities to recognise group buffs or options... Or you are doing it your self...

The software also states it is upgraded each time there is a patch to make sure it is undetectable...

Now I know you're going to say for me to link this site or name it... But you know I can't as its against the TOS... I know you're going to personally attack and troll me... Have fun... I'm sending the web link for the software to Bio and hopefully they will take action on it...

We are STILL getting people CHEATING in the warzones by using speed hacks and causing lag.

WARZONE CHEATERS ruin the gaming experience more than people getting money.

The lag you are experiencing is the buggy interface coupled with terrible internet coupled with the fact you are in a warzone. What you perceive as "hacks" is actually that players position not syncing up with the server in a timely manner.

What you need to understand is that with the giant fail that is the Hero Engine, if they increased the packet transfer between client and server (making for smoother positional updates), it would slow things down even farther, making the situation worse.

While rectifying this issue would require a massive overhaul of the entire engine and game (which IMO is long overdue), fixing something as simple as changing a resale cost of an item is a million times easier, and thus fixed a million times faster.

Edited by Loomi