Don't Get Discouraged Jung Ma

Kingrami

Busy I'm sorry that you've been feeling blue about the ranked as of late. And although our teams may not be the same as what you are used to, Arcanum is still going to try and keep ranked alive if we can xD. We have a lot of dedicated pvp'ers (thankfully) who want to keep the ranked popping. Here's to hoping that other guilds and players will take initiative and queue up more, Happy Hunting!

Except once Busy gets a solid team sorted they'll start to farm lesser experienced teams and Jung Ma will fall into it's old ways of we're just gonna get farmed so whats the point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except once Busy gets a solid team sorted they'll start to farm lesser experienced teams and Jung Ma will fall into it's old ways of we're just gonna get farmed so whats the point.

To be fair, a lot of our players didn't see facing their team as getting farmed but rather an experience to learn and become better at ranked. You don't get better at ranked imo by playing against people you can face stomp. When our guildies stopped caring as much about their rating and more about the actual games themselves then they learned more and also had more fun. So I think ranked on Jung Ma is far from dead :)

Someone on reddit today said that once a pecking order is solidified a PvP community stagnates. I have to wonder if there is any truth to that because I have made little progess into the world of ranked. I get farmed, they get cool stuff, I get nothing except called a shtter and told to stop queuing. I cant see any incentive or fun to be had in ranked. I hope I can change that someday but it feels like there is some secret doctrine to ranked nobody will let me in on.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Someone on reddit today said that once a pecking order is solidified a PvP community stagnates. I have to wonder if there is any truth to that because I have made little progess into the world of ranked. I get farmed, they get cool stuff, I get nothing except called a shtter and told to stop queuing. I cant see any incentive or fun to be had in ranked. I hope I can change that someday but it feels like there is some secret doctrine to ranked nobody will let me in on.

Well I for one don't think you're bad at all.

I do realize that it's probably true that the team I've been playing with is probably not going to be beaten too frequently, however RoH is more than likely leaving the server and I will not have a team.

So perhaps Jung ma will have a pretty equal ground for teams

Edit: I have been messing around with an idea of maybe doing some sort of video or maybe even video series about my experiences with getting into ranked.

Maybe go over the basics and address what I see as being the stumbling points a lot of teams run into and perhaps get some people on the right path.

But it'll be some time before I can get that going, however, Aravail does post all of his ranked games on youtube and I really recommend checking them out.

Edited by MotherAnimal

To be fair, a lot of our players didn't see facing their team as getting farmed but rather an experience to learn and become better at ranked. You don't get better at ranked imo by playing against people you can face stomp. When our guildies stopped caring as much about their rating and more about the actual games themselves then they learned more and also had more fun. So I think ranked on Jung Ma is far from dead :)

Then why did Arcanum one and done against a team Vicious fielded? Because it certainly seemed like they cared about ELO and didn't care more about the actual games.

And to Caomh i 100% agree that once pecking order is solidified pvp stagnates. Once people know who the good teams/players are they avoid queuing when they are.

Then why did Arcanum one and done against a team Vicious fielded? Because it certainly seemed like they cared about ELO and didn't care more about the actual games.

To be fair, a lot of our players didn't see facing their team as getting farmed but rather an experience to learn and become better at ranked. You don't get better at ranked imo by playing against people you can face stomp.

They didn't stipulate that the entire guild felt the exact same way about ELO.

Well I for one don't think you're bad at all.

I do realize that it's probably true that the team I've been playing with is probably not going to be beaten too frequently, however RoH is more than likely leaving the server and I will not have a team.

So perhaps Jung ma will have a pretty equal ground for teams

Edit: I have been messing around with an idea of maybe doing some sort of video or maybe even video series about my experiences with getting into ranked.

Maybe go over the basics and address what I see as being the stumbling points a lot of teams run into and perhaps get some people on the right path.

But it'll be some time before I can get that going, however, Aravail does post all of his ranked games on youtube and I really recommend checking them out.

I remember playing Ranked in season one and all people did were complain about bads and tell people not too even que. I play shadow tank and I had absorbed well over 100k in damage on a few occassions and I even got lambasted .. so it has come down to people playing the OP classes getting a false sense of superiority and want to protect their precious ELO in solo ranked... This attitude killed it on JUngma Ranked pvp . It wasnt that long ago a sage with athe nameZek-al anal I guarantee he/She would not be talking ish when sages were bad ( I forgot how to spell it) was calling people" bads" on here and not too que...Selfishness killed Ranked....

Edited by Jiminison

I remember playing Ranked in season one and all people did were complain about bads and tell people not too even que. I play shadow tank and I had absorbed well over 100k in damage on a few occassions and I even got lambasted .. so it has come down to people playing the OP classes getting a false sense of superiority and want to protect their precious ELO in solo ranked... This attitude killed it on JUngma Ranked pvp . It wasnt that long ago a sage with athe nameZek-al anal I guarantee he/She would not be talking ish when sages were bad ( I forgot how to spell it) was calling people" bads" on here and not too que...Selfishness killed Ranked....

Let me just reset the tone of this thread. I don't, and nobody should, resent amazing players like Zek-anlai and Busy. Not only are they super nice people, they have put in hard time becoming great players and I look uo to them. I've tried my hand at Sage healing and Zek-anlai just makes it look easy because she is a boss, it is still a hard class/role to master.

The issue is the skill gap between brand new ranked players having to go against verterans. ELO is supposed to match players of a similar rating for fair matches but with a low population this mechanic wont work, so people don't queue. It has become and chicken-egg conundrum.

Please don't turn a civilized discussion into ad hominem attacks.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Today is day 1 of people testing new waters elsewhere. Many of them being active on these forums. Do not get worried by those leaving. In the weeks ahead after all this settles down, let's see where we stand, as a unique server that offers many things, we can continue to go about our business as being JM community members.

I do believe the server will actually get new members from other servers. The PVE servers only have population as a positive right now, I believe in the long run JM will be active by new and old. Wpvp will still pop as it does now. And rp and pvp ranked will continue to pop as the community enjoys the ONLY RP PVP server

Let's bring it back a bit to my OP. Lets continue to encourage ranked pvp and wpvp even through these transfer changes. For those who left, they're gone and that's that. They'll either find happiness in a new server or move on to yet another until they find a home.

For us who have stayed, the new ranked players like myself and other have enjoyed stepping up our game, yes we lose and win. We are all learning about strats, etc. In time there will be new stand-outs to fight or team along side busy and the rest of the vets.

New players may give us a shot, and I do hope thats the case, so for now JM keep using that ranked chat and I'll see you all in game at some point. :hope_05:

Guilds and players left owell #letskeepitmoving :mon_cool:

I only queued a fair amount in season 1 (and only earned enough rating for rewards through group) and a little more in season 2, and that was the time when I decided being nice and sweet to players was better than telling them to stop queuing, so fix your time line. Hardly queued at all season 3, and then for the first time, super hardcore in season 4. Regardless of when or how long Sages have been "OP" in your mind, I've played it since the beginning of this game, mained it, and learned it inside and out. Yeah, my ego certainly took a bit of a turn up and my patience took a nose dive last season, as I managed to get over a 2,000 rating for the first time after a lot of hard work, frustration, and spurts of losing ten times in a row and spurts of winning ten times in a row to finally earn the rating back. I've never deviated from playing a Sage in PvP, through the good times and the bad.

I never call people a "bad" and leave it at that. I bluntly tell them what they're doing wrong, why they shouldn't queue again, and what they can do to improve. As a healer and you as a tank, I'm hoping I don't need to tell you that soaking up damage is only part of your job as a successful tank. If I told you off, there was a reason for it. So either take the advice I gave or get over yourself and stop calling others selfish and hypocritical to hide your own sorry performance as a player. I'm a nice person when I have reason to be, and if you're under-performing in a competitive arena, you bet I'll lose my patience eventually.

By the way, "Zek-anlai." But it's okay. "Zek-anal" is perhaps only the oldest bad joke about my character's name since ever. :rak_03:

Anyway, sorry King. Woke up with a major migraine and decided to take it out on him. Looking through his post history he's either a really bad troll or simply misinformed about everything ever in SWTOR. Dude thought Sentinels were fine in May. :rolleyes:

By the way, "Zek-anlai." But it's okay. "Zek-anal" is perhaps only the oldest bad joke about my character's name since ever. :rak_03:

But if you take away the anal, it's Zeki! :D

Edited by Draqsko

Hey I own Sanctuary..

I spent a summer's entirety grinding for a flagship... spending real money on decorations.. I made a guild with 250 active members in less than a few months..

I've spent total of six hundred dollars on my guild as well as my guildies.

I will quit if all that goes to waste... As if SWTOR decides to delete all that I've done.... then..

They do not deserve my loyalty, time, or money at all..

If they do not provide guild transfer/GSH decoration transfer when or if Jung Ma commits to synergy with another server... then the people who run the game will lose hundreds and I can guarantee this.

-Tese-Luna

And to Caomh i 100% agree that once pecking order is solidified pvp stagnates. Once people know who the good teams/players are they avoid queuing when they are.

Because even we in Arcanum have tools. :D I have stayed in way past when others have at times, because I just play to play. I like a good rating, but honestly, it's playing with my mates thats fun. That being said, we try, and try hard to get better, so when we faced Busy and that group the other night, we queued again and again to try. We got better each time, so I consider it a plus even though we lost. We are trying to do grouped ranked every night though.

Don't listen to the haters, Zeki! We love you. :i_smile:

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,

I guess every superhero needs her theme music.

Because even we in Arcanum have tools. :D I have stayed in way past when others have at times, because I just play to play. I like a good rating, but honestly, it's playing with my mates thats fun. That being said, we try, and try hard to get better, so when we faced Busy and that group the other night, we queued again and again to try. We got better each time, so I consider it a plus even though we lost. We are trying to do grouped ranked every night though.

There's been a lot of great group ranked going on the server lately, and I can definitely say the level of competition has noticeably improved. Hopefully we can keep it up through the end of the season! Solos are alright, but group ranked is definitely my my favorite thing to do in-game, and I'm pretty much always up for it as long as I can find teammates. We've had some really intense games against teams from Arcanum, UMBRA, Ghost, Acoy, and others in the past week or two; and, of course, the videos are all up on my youtube channel if anyone wants to see what they looked/sounded like from the other side. There were quite a few rounds that were won or lost by a hair.

Edited by Aravail

I only queued a fair amount in season 1 (and only earned enough rating for rewards through group) and a little more in season 2, and that was the time when I decided being nice and sweet to players was better than telling them to stop queuing, so fix your time line. Hardly queued at all season 3, and then for the first time, super hardcore in season 4. Regardless of when or how long Sages have been "OP" in your mind, I've played it since the beginning of this game, mained it, and learned it inside and out. Yeah, my ego certainly took a bit of a turn up and my patience took a nose dive last season, as I managed to get over a 2,000 rating for the first time after a lot of hard work, frustration, and spurts of losing ten times in a row and spurts of winning ten times in a row to finally earn the rating back. I've never deviated from playing a Sage in PvP, through the good times and the bad.

I never call people a "bad" and leave it at that. I bluntly tell them what they're doing wrong, why they shouldn't queue again, and what they can do to improve. As a healer and you as a tank, I'm hoping I don't need to tell you that soaking up damage is only part of your job as a successful tank. If I told you off, there was a reason for it. So either take the advice I gave or get over yourself and stop calling others selfish and hypocritical to hide your own sorry performance as a player. I'm a nice person when I have reason to be, and if you're under-performing in a competitive arena, you bet I'll lose my patience eventually.

Anyway, sorry King. Woke up with a major migraine and decided to take it out on him. Looking through his post history he's either a really bad troll or simply misinformed about everything ever in SWTOR. Dude thought Sentinels were fine in May. :rolleyes:

The reason it was so bad the first couple seasons as far as trying to shame people out of RWZ was that the win trading had to be established . I guarantee thats why certain people were trying to keep it small and contained And Ironically this last season since they cracked down on win trading all of the sudden people are telling people to join ranked and how the server sucks I just found it Ironic. I did my job and still was told to not bother I fought with the big mouths till I just said screw it when they were losing for their buddies and I knew I'd never get a chance at the rewards it wasnt the ish talking, I can handle that it was the cheating .I did play with you a bit in season one and you were cool and gracious but I got on here a few months ago and saw you spouting elitist B.S and it really stuck out because my experience with you has been cool the few times Ive played with you and my point is the biggest talkers in the game play the obviously strongest specs you dont see alot of shadow tanks or mercs talking ish. Has nothing to do with being a baby it has too do with when win trading was for the special ones the rest of us had to put up with it while these people were obviously cheating. Im just saying these people ruined it .

Let me just reset the tone of this thread. I don't, and nobody should, resent amazing players like Zek-anlai and Busy. Not only are they super nice people, they have put in hard time becoming great players and I look uo to them. I've tried my hand at Sage healing and Zek-anlai just makes it look easy because she is a boss, it is still a hard class/role to master.

The issue is the skill gap between brand new ranked players having to go against verterans. ELO is supposed to match players of a similar rating for fair matches but with a low population this mechanic wont work, so people don't queue. It has become and chicken-egg conundrum.

Dude she isn't going to date you, white Knight is not a class in this game!

Quote: Originally Posted by KevinQCowart View Post

Dude she isn't going to date you, white Knight is not a class in this game!

Obviously, he can't get away from the ad hominem attacks.

This guy seems to be salty over being bad and someone called him out on it.

So instead of learning from his experiences, he gets on the forums and becomes a bully himself.

From what I can gather, this guy doesn't really act like he's someone who can engage in a civil conversation or handle any criticism.

As someone who knows Zeki, she's very nice and while she has probably **** talked some people, it's PvP dude, it's going to happen no matter where you go or what game you play.

Your behaviour and your reactions to things lead me to believe that what was probably a small comment made in your direction turned into something worst because of your little man mentality response.

She probably called you bad and told you not to queue until you get your game together.

Big deal, move on. I've had all sorts of people call me all sorts of things.

It's like getting upset and quitting driving because someone cut you off.

Edited by MotherAnimal

Uh oh, looks like there are some Shots Fired! Though in all honesty lets try not to deviate and head toward uncharted space., it doesn't help to be so vicious towards one another. Edited by Aznfighter

The reason it was so bad the first couple seasons as far as trying to shame people out of RWZ was that the win trading had to be established . I guarantee thats why certain people were trying to keep it small and contained And Ironically this last season since they cracked down on win trading all of the sudden people are telling people to join ranked and how the server sucks I just found it Ironic. I did my job and still was told to not bother I fought with the big mouths till I just said screw it when they were losing for their buddies and I knew I'd never get a chance at the rewards it wasnt the ish talking, I can handle that it was the cheating .I did play with you a bit in season one and you were cool and gracious but I got on here a few months ago and saw you spouting elitist B.S and it really stuck out because my experience with you has been cool the few times Ive played with you and my point is the biggest talkers in the game play the obviously strongest specs you dont see alot of shadow tanks or mercs talking ish. Has nothing to do with being a baby it has too do with when win trading was for the special ones the rest of us had to put up with it while these people were obviously cheating. Im just saying these people ruined it .

Jung Ma was arguably the least toxic community when it came to win-trading and throwing matches. I have no idea why you're convinced there was some conspiracy in trying to keep players out of ranked to maintain win-trading. As for throwing matches, that was and still is almost non-existent. I only saw it happen a couple times at the beginning of this season, and I'm pretty sure the amount of time I've spent kicking it in ranked far outweighs yours. Last season and the beginning of this one had an amazing turn-out, with an unprecedented amount of communication involved between both factions to help nurture growth in the ranked community. There were also various kickball nights. It's natural for a smaller community to want to try and help stimulate growth in a minority subset of this game.

Anyway, you've basically taken a couple of experiences from me and others and labeled us elitists, cheaters, big-mouths, and win-traders. That's pretty damn illogical, but to each their own. If the "elitist B.S." you're referring to is me talking in ranked chat blowing off steam with friends back and forth, well, hell. You do you. No one is black and white with their personality and behavior, no one has only good days. Learn to have more discretion and reservation when it comes to labeling others. The majority of Jung Ma ranked PvPers earned their rating fair and square with the ups and downs of DCs and badly-geared and inexperienced PvPers.

And KevinQCowart isn't being a white knight - he's being a friend. Being a judgmental whiner isn't a class, either.

<3 Busy and Caomh :o

Edited by Zekiirah

Well you know.... I hope you all join the 1v1 tourney luniara has posted about in these forums, it'd be nice to get as many top players in it as possible, look forward to seeing you all there this Thursday at 8pm est 5 pm pst. 40k entry fee.

See you all there.

can't wait for more kickball nights on Wednesdays and morning for yolos

Cya!

Quote: Originally Posted by KevinQCowart View Post

Obviously, he can't get away from the ad hominem attacks.

This guy seems to be salty over being bad and someone called him out on it.

So instead of learning from his experiences, he gets on the forums and becomes a bully himself.

From what I can gather, this guy doesn't really act like he's someone who can engage in a civil conversation or handle any criticism.

As someone who knows Zeki, she's very nice and while she has probably **** talked some people, it's PvP dude, it's going to happen no matter where you go or what game you play.

Your behaviour and your reactions to things lead me to believe that what was probably a small comment made in your direction turned into something worst because of your little man mentality response.

She probably called you bad and told you not to queue until you get your game together.

Big deal, move on. I've had all sorts of people call me all sorts of things.

It's like getting upset and quitting driving because someone cut you off.

Blaming. Big fish in a little pond thats all...Ive stuck with my spec through the good and the bad as far as pvp its been bad since 2.0 ... I do just fine... Im salty about things because its all about pulling together now that its too late when half the people on here added to the servers demise. Ill keep coming back pile on me we can go back and forth till this game dies makes me want ti fight back harder... Nobody will make me back down !