Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you bought and then sold back 32,000 chairs and figure its ok because you stopped now?

Hope you are ready to say bye bye to your account.

I was responding because he said it depends on how much you did. Knew something was wrong, did it anyways, am pointing out that it was my fault and I will take responsibility and not be a little whiny person when I do get my temp, unlike many a people who do get their ban.

Then fix the exploit! It's that simple! This is their screw up, they need to fix it. Don't make the players responsible for the devs' mistake. Oh, and before you start flinging accusations, no I didn't take advantage of this exploit, nor do I participate in "win-trading" or anything else. I mostly play for the stories.

Its a simple fair rule that applies equally to all players. An exploit is an exploit. If you do it, by mistake or no, you are going to be treated as an exploiter. SImply be more mindful of what you do in game.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but it does seem like it will be pretty easy to launder this money for those determined credit spammers out there. I'm glad the devs seem to be trying to get out in front of it, but the economy will probably take a hit. The people who patronize the spammers deserve at least some of the blame as well as the spammers themselves.

There's a ton of people on my server standing at the vendor and doing this exploit... I hope they get a good kick in the rear =)

They are probably technically unaware that it is an actionable exploit (i.e., they have not seen this thread). And it would be against the rules for you to warn people by posting "Hey, guys, don't do the basic temple chair exploit by doing this and then doing that," because that would be giving instructions on how to perform an exploit.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but it does seem like it will be pretty easy to launder this money for those determined credit spammers out there. I'm glad the devs seem to be trying to get out in front of it, but the economy will probably take a hit. The people who patronize the spammers deserve at least some of the blame as well as the spammers themselves.

Launder money? Every transaction is logged somewhere.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I have sold 10 stacks of them for 30k on the GTN.

Am I gonna get banned because this is stupid as hell.

LOL I'm sorry but if it were up to me players who resell items at that overblown price when they are widely available to any player would be subject to ban regardless! On the other hand if some poor sod is dumb enough to pay 20k for a meat tree or Imperial flag, maybe the blame should be shared with him. (Yeah I get grouchy when looking for decorations and have to click through ten pages of Basic Metal Couches to get to decent furniture!)

Seriously though, I personally appreciate this exploit being called out in no uncertain terms; it definitely should discourage abuse - just hope it's not too late to keep the server economies from suffering.

So let me get this straight. People buy osmething, and sell it back and get too many credits for it. THIS will result in administrative actions. But certain individuals admit to speed hacking and there are oodles of videos of said individual doing said hack, and if WE report it or post about it WE get in trouble, and they do not.

Priorities. lol.

Awesome credit spammer trap. Get them to have their bots farm the vendor for a few hours watch where the credits go and shut down another ring of gold sellers :D

Intended or not, this does seem like kind of an amazing gold seller honey pot. I hope BW uses this opportunity to take down some more of those rings.

So let me get this straight. People buy osmething, and sell it back and get too many credits for it. THIS will result in administrative actions. But certain individuals admit to speed hacking and there are oodles of videos of said individual doing said hack, and if WE report it or post about it WE get in trouble, and they do not.

Priorities. lol.

I think their priorities are exactly in the right place. While speedhackers should be caught and punished, this exploit is much more urgent because it has the potential to very quickly destroy the game's entire economy and damage the game far more severely than it could be hurt by a relatively small number of speedhackers.

Edited by CmdrShpd

Well, I wouldn't worry about it unless you got greedy, bought stacks of 99 chairs and resold them back and pocketed the free credits over and again.

You didn't do that, did you?

No, sir... i did not, sir...