Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly as stated. They know about the exploit and are giving everyone who logs in ample warning not to participate in it. Nothing directed to you personally, it's for ALL players.

Aside from the players who have been logged in for longer than the message has been up.

Hey folks,

In today's patch, we placed Temple Chair (Basic) onto the Esstran Exports vendor for one credit. After bringing the servers live today we noticed that currently, you can sell the Chair back to the vendor for 100 credits. Obviously, this is not intended. As stated before, when these issues arise we want to make sure we get out in front of it as quickly as possible and are open with you about what is being done.

For the time being, please do not buy and sell the Temple Chair (Basic) in this manner. This behavior is considered an exploit. We will be addressing this issue as soon as possible. Once fixed, we will investigate and then take appropriate action for use of this exploit.

Thanks everyone. I will pass on update as I have them.

-eric

Does this mean we can still buy them for our Strongholds at this price ?

What i wanna know is why you guys don't have a system in place to be able to disable certain npc's or certain items npc's sell. Sounds like you guys cant fix this till you patch again, this is amateur hour Bioware. L2program ffs.

People unintentionally exploiting (i.e. accidentally selling one or some such thing) is going to cause a much bigger headache than just fixing the problem.

And how am i to believe you even have systems in place to know who is and who isn't exploiting if you can't even fix the exploit in an efficient manner and you literally have to tell the community "hey don't do this, we F(*ed up but you gotta pay for it"

The rest of you thanking bioware for being open need to be more critical of how this is a small example of a much bigger problem with this dev team. Don't cut them slack, make them work for their paycheck like the rest of us.

So yeah you kick me off the server to tell me this? Yeah 100 credits oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh so fancy.

Would seem you need to learn basic math.

Buy them for 1 credit so pay 10k get 10k chairs then sell them back and get 100 credits per chair

10,000*100=1,000,000

Repeat this process say 50 times you got 50,000,000 repeat it another 50 times you got 100,000,000 get the picture yet or should I continue?

Edited by Anaesha

Oh well, stuff happens.

I never sold it to the vendor, but I listed a dozen at GTN for 999 each, much like people sell Meat Tree decorations. I'll go take them down, um, just in case(I sell implants for 100k daily, heck, I don't even need those 12 grand).

I understand that there is an exploit out there but why wave it out in front of everyone like a piece of candy. It seems to me that it was placed on purpose to tempt folks. Im just saying, why not start rewarding folks that dont use them as well cause it does seems like you guys have major problems with creating hiccups in this game.

I understand that there is an exploit out there but why wave it out in front of everyone like a piece of candy. It seems to me that it was placed on purpose to tempt folks. Im just saying, why not start rewarding folks that dont use them as well cause it does seems like you guys have major problems with creating hiccups in this game.

That's a great idea!

I haven't every participated in win-trading in PVP, gimme a reward.

Hi,

Just got a VERY UNPLEASANT message from the launcher:

Participation in exploits may result in administrative actions taken against your account.

Today , I start the launcher at 18 in France , that mean than the update MUST BE DONE since 1 hour !

The update of SWTOR send me a Virus ( block by bitdefender ) and the launcher stop !

Actually I still pay for something I can't use .....

I will try to uninstall and re install the program !

Dominique, french and angry user.

Well, I was planning on buying 50 of the chairs.

I hope you can differentiate between those who just buy them and use them and those who buy them and sell them back... :eek:

That's pretty much how I ended up banned. Copied like 10 white crystals into my inventory from collections. Few days later I am kicked from the game and see that I have a week's ban for "Serious economic exploit." At least I got 2weeks of game time as an apology.

And yeah, I like how it's been handled now. "Guys, we're gonna be clear: there is an x exploit in the game. If you do it, you'll be banned." This is how you treat people like adults.

One thing I would be concerned about are the credit sellers (or not necessarily them) using throwaway accounts to get loads of money so they can put it into the server's economy before they get banned. A credit laundering?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hi.

I have seen this warning message this evening when I've try to connect to the game but you said I try to sell something that a fraud. the problem is I haven't play today so how can I have done something wrong? my last connection was yesterday you can check so I don't understand why I'm ban for something I haven't done. That's not normal at all and I don't pay every month to be cut out for something I haven't done. please enlight me here because I'm lost. :(

Thanks very much for sending the link to my game launcher and, as a result, apprising me of this matter.

I don't tend to buy decorations, not until I figure out how to decorate without feeling embarrassed anyway.

Also, thanks very much, BioWare Austin, for fixing the massacre and sentinel's slash animation and sound and damage syncing.

Edited by sentientomega

I guess these type of exploits are used alot since alot of players tend to price things to such a high price that you need the higher credits to get basic crap.

I am thinking it would be less of a problem if the GMs managed somewhat, the prices of items, never going 5% over or below the value of the item......but i can wish.

I guess these type of exploits are used alot since alot of players tend to price things to such a high price that you need the higher credits to get basic crap.

I am thinking it would be less of a problem if the GMs managed somewhat, the prices of items, never going 5% over or below the value of the item......but i can wish.

price fixing never works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.