Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

There are already people who brag about how they got away with using second account.

Yeah, I can see it now. Account #1 does the exploit. Account#2 puts stuff on GTN and Account#1 buys stuff on GTN from Account#2 at ridiculous prices to "funnel' the money through GTN purchases to Account#2.

As this exploit is fixed there should be no issue talking about it now. Hopefully Bioware is reviewing the accounts that did the exploit and following the credit trail.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the very definition of an exploit. So to say they should not have allowed it in is nonsensical. Sure, they should not have allowed it in, but they did. Now people (you?) are trying to rationalize it by saying "It's OK to have done it because it was able to be done."

So everything now can be considered as potential exploit/bug.

Since BW started to ban people for exploiting game, when will we see bans for:

leaving monolith instance to ensure correct loot

b-300 wrist BoE enhancements

3-manning aurora cannon

zorn and toth fight with no swap

bypassing pvp queues by grouping with subs

using pvp decor to transfer pvp comms

these are just from top of my head

3-manning aurora cannon

I guess we will see sanctions for those things if and when BWEA decides they are official exploits. The game's makers/runners decide whether or not something is an actionable exploit, not the players.

They are suspending for even one "sell back" even when notified that it was an accident and they were asked to verify my purchases to see that I was trying to purchase and place into with my other decorations (purchase window was still open). Of course I understand they are trying to keep people from doing it...I just want people to know that even an accidental "sell back" of the temple chair will cause the account to be suspended.

So everything now can be considered as potential exploit/bug.

3-manning aurora cannon

Forget all that!

When are they punishing people for the SLOT MACHINE EXPLOIT!

Hello,

SO interesting story here...I came home to my 12 year old sibling saying that he made lots of money really fast, I told him it was cool but I didnt know what it was that he was doing, I havent been playing so i was unaware of what he was doing...when he showed me, i asked inquired it and also saw that it was on the launch when I decided to log in later that day. There is no doubt that my younger sibling may have abused this....Obviously im flagged, so what am I to do now? I've invested too much money and time into the game. Losing this account will in fact drive me to quit forever.

If there is another solution to this please help! I'd rather not be the one to get banned because a younger person didnt understand this/even bother to heed a clear warning......

Any help would be appreciated.

What do you do now?

You learn from your mistakes and don't let other people use your account.

IF that is indeed the true story here (which I personally highly doubt)

I'd really feel it would be unfair if people who earned tens of millions and laundered those via GTN and people who only sold one chair or half a stack accidentally have the same punishment.

Well, as I have stated more than once, you can make a case for selling back 49, so I certainly would hope that they don't hammer anyone who sold back 49 or less.

Actually, this is very bad for the economy, so it's not like it's just "giving a few players an advantage".

Ban for economy so people have more money and buy stuff on GTN instead try CC.

But when we could exploit and get 11 players against 8 in a WZ using exploit it took months and no one was punished.

Cos' it didnt affect bioware revenue.

You know what else is bad for economy? Ghost servers.

I'd really feel it would be unfair if people who earned tens of millions and laundered those via GTN and people who only sold one chair or half a stack accidentally have the same punishment.

How do you know every will get the same punishment?

And I only bought 50 to begin with. I'm just saying you can make a case for selling back 49 and I hope BWEA would give people that much benefit of the doubt.

Given that its nothing more than pocket change, I do agree.

The moment people are buying any multiple stacks however, I do hope the hammer falls hard, there is no excuse including ignorance.

A roll back would do no harm whatsoever.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

But when we could exploit and get 11 players against 8 in a WZ using exploit it took months and no one was punished.

But you're still here, paying to play the game, so I guess their inaction on those other issues didn't bother you too much.

Given that its nothing more than pocket change, I do agree.

The moment people are buying any multiple stacks however, I do hope the hammer falls hard, there is no excuse including ignorance.

For me, it's a pretty bright line. If someone bought 100+, that means they had to buy a second stack, even if the second stack was only 1 chair. Anyone who sold back 50+ warrants punishment.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Do you want to pay 1 billion credits to buy Revan's mask?

Do you want to pay 1 million credits to buy one purple stim?

Think about that next time when you're trying to say "It's just a game. Let players have some fun.".

I bought 50 and immediately sold them back trying activate them without switching up menus. Grabbed 'em back with the buyback menu but I wouldn't be shocked if I got nailed with a 7-day suspension for it given how ridiculous this problem is in the first place.

But seriously, holy crap. How severely borked is your architecture that you couldn't just edit the DB entry to adjust the price and made the chair unsellable instead?

I did just exactly that with the first chair I purchased, bought it back and was suspended for it even though I notified them via email that it was an accident and asked them to verify my purchases for the night to see that I wasn't trying to sell back but rather purchase and place but still had the purchase window open so it got sold back. My suspension stands

So be careful, be very careful. :(

Having been suspended in the past, I can tell you with absolute certainty, that you are lying or further violating TOS. You cannot post on forums while under account suspension, if you are using a second account to get around said suspension you are committing a TOS violation.

Are they seriously only sending out week long bans for this exploit? With all the people exploiting, you might aswell say adios to the economy.

+ removal of credits + extra suspension up to and including permanent suspension.

Are they seriously only sending out week long bans for this exploit? With all the people exploiting, you might aswell say adios to the economy.

The week suspensions are the minimum at the moment. Any account that is subject to the one week ban is then going to be reviewed for additional actions based on infraction history and severity of the infraction with this particular exploit.

At least that's how I interpreted Eric's post on the one week bans.

+ removal of credits + extra suspension up to and including permanent suspension.

Beat me to it by 60 seconds, but also this.

Edited by azudelphi

You are obviously unaware of the concept of inflation...

That is the very definition of an exploit. So to say they should not have allowed it in is nonsensical. Sure, they should not have allowed it in, but they did. Now people (you?) are trying to rationalize it by saying "It's OK to have done it because it was able to be done."

No I never exploit. Also never said it was ok, read my sentence again. The exploiters are wrong but situation just like the countless others was created by bw poor qa as usual.

If BW did their job properly there would be nothing to exploit. ;)

No I never exploit. Also never said it was ok, read my sentence again. The exploiters are wrong but situation just like the countless others was created by bw poor qa as usual.

If BW did their job properly there would be nothing to exploit. ;)

That's a bit like saying "if someone leaves their keys in their car, its ok to steal their car".

Ignorance is no justification.