Character Transfers are now 90 CC. You going anywhere, Jung Manites?

LadyAdmiral

This^

We should definitely wait and make sure no one does anything out of haste.

It's something to consider and chew on for a bit.

Perhaps we see an influx of people and we don't have to do anything.

However if the time comes, I do think a community discussion should be had so that we try to keep some sort of a community together if it's possible.

I'm not saying we all should transfer tomorrow but honestly this server isn't going to attract new players. No one wants a fixer-upper. We don't attract new players that want to do group content anywhere near the amount we need.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardians are in talks with our members to discuss a potential guild wide move. We already have a lot of full time members playing on Harbinger and Bastion. Our biggest hang up is guild resources (ship, bank, etc). We love Jung Ma but when I have near instant wz and FP queues and as much ranked as you would want on Harbinger, it makes it really hard to want to stay. The great community is the only thing that is holding us here.

Just a quick note. Harbinger actually had a Login queue last night.

Edited by Viraxis

Bastion would be a great place to go.

I'm serious when I say that Harb and Ebon Hawk will break your bank.

You guys get stuff cheaper than they do.. the pvp doesn't pop every second either.

If you want your wz to pop, que at an appropriate time and not 3AM.

Do you ever care about anything other than profit margins?

No, I did the guild thing for a bit but encountered hostilities as I got wealthier.

So I had to link up with other INTJ personality types to create this great railroad of vanity.

I wish all the people could get into one big TS or Mumble to have a discussion about this. Like krux and busy said if this were to happen it will need to boil down to a huge community decision/agreement.

Well we certainly can do that, I'm sure everyone has the Jung Ma ranked info, why not there?

Nah it's the TS (I think it was TS, honestly don't remember unless I check) that's specifically titled "Jung Ma Ranked". It's the one that was used for the 1v1 tournament.

I actually don't have that info.

It would probably be pragmatic for the guild leaders to have a discussion at some point. Then let the guild leaders filter the topic down to the various guild members after the discussion. I wouldn't propose doing this now, or even this week, but definitely need to have a conversation about this at some point.

Just like everyone else, I've built a home here and I don't want to see it gone either. I like most of the people here and consider the majority of them friends. But, in all likelihood, EA knew that the PvPer's screaming for cross server queue would jump on this and transfer to some mutual server, and they also knew that the people on the less populated servers would go to the more populated ones too. In all sincerity, I don't really see people moving here for our great community. Some might, but I don't think it will be enough to make a difference. At the end of the day, content and things to do, are what drives subscriptions and makes servers an active place. A great community is a byproduct of the time spent and effort put in after the fact.

That fact might change, as the movies get closer to release, but are we as a community willing to wait that long, not to mention spend the money on subscription fees for half a year, on the possibility that might happen?

For the record I'm suspicious that the discounted xfers are a precursor to either another round of merges or mega servers.

Simply put the precedent is there for it. Bioware put in 12xp, and a few months later announced that their new expac will contain a instant 60 button. I feel that the cheap xfers are bioware testing the waters.

This is literally the only reason I'd ever consider moving toons to TEH or Harb. I love our little community, but as has been mentioned multiple times - some content has suffered due to the small population size we have. I doubt I'll ever completely leave JM, but I'd be foolish not to take advantage of a opportunity to move options to a more populated location that will better support things like the ranked community without having to go through the reroll/regear process. However, I do plan to see what the general trend is before making any final decisions.

For the record I'm suspicious that the discounted xfers are a precursor to either another round of merges or mega servers.

Simply put the precedent is there for it. Bioware put in 12xp, and a few months later announced that their new expac will contain a instant 60 button. I feel that the cheap xfers are bioware testing the waters.

It feels like a PR thing more than anything. Rather than closing servers and forcing players to move they're given the opportunity to choose where to go at an EXTREME discount and then they can just close those servers i.e. Jung Ma & POT5 due to lack of players to support them.

Vicious is debating whether to leave the server atm. Regardless of their decision I'm probably transferring Aetrus and Synergy off server when the discount goes through. Probably to Ebon Hawk. Needs to be an East Coast server where ranked PvP happens that isn't Jedi Covenant, so...

Vicious is debating whether to leave the server atm. Regardless of their decision I'm probably transferring Aetrus and Synergy off server when the discount goes through. Probably to Ebon Hawk. Needs to be an East Coast server where ranked PvP happens that isn't Jedi Covenant, so...

Please do, me and Grizz need someone to carry us in 4s.