The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II, E1 Siege of Lothal

t-darko

More in depth thoughts about the episode.

Wow that was actually *********** fantastic. Perfect episode (or Episodes) to start the season, no cheesy dialogue or minor conflict but something that was really intense with a villain who actually feels threatening. I loved Vader, everything about him was amazing, he crushed them in the force and lightsaber and demolished the fleet, I loved how they emphasized how dark he was though that he had the aura around him.

Ahsoka knew right away though, you could tell. Only Anakin is that good of a pilot too be able to take out entire squads and minor frigates by himself in a fighter. But Vader is clearly a lot more powerful then her. I also liked the touch of how he didn't say his apprentice, he is fully consumed at this point and only his family could change that. Burning the town was a nice touch.

Lando's cameo was great, he's such an awesome character on the show and tbh he has one of the best character models. I was surprised Tarkin wasn't in the episode at all but I think we're at the point where they will start having more off screen stuff and not have to show every moment.

Everything was pretty perfect about this episode I have no complaints at all, 9.5/10. Sidious voice at the end with Vader sort of set the season up very well and this has so much potential now to do a lot of awesome things.

Actually sort of minor complaint is that Sabine just got up after being shot twice (deflected whatever) sort of dumb

This was good! It felt as the good parts of season 1 was put into this 1+1 episode, the usual compains included, as the Imperial aim hasn't got better! But all the rest have!!!

The tone is definitely darker more and more of an uphill climb for our heroes. As I tend to be a tad enthusiastic in moments like this I'm tempted to describe Vader as perfect. i favor the more Force angle, Last of the Jedi vs the Rule of Two feeling that is projected. At the moment I'm just glad this episode is just as good as it should be. Now, gonna watch it a couple of more times, give it some thought and I'm sure curious of all others thoughts as well.

Edited by t-darko

I definitely enjoyed it as well. For a lot during Season 1, it made the Empire look like the bumbling fools and underdogs compared to the Rebellion, but this one (two) episode(s) prove that false. When the Empire flexes its muscles, the Empire wins.

Cause don't get me wrong, despite escaping, it was the Empire that clearly won this one.

My main complaint is how different Vader sounds, which I suppose is to be expected, but his voice sounds a little too high pitched. Still, they got the menacing aura of Vader done so nicely, especially during that certain scene on the planet,

where Vader lifts that walker up off of him, surrounded by flames. One Winged Angel anyone?

I'm looking forward to the true, and most likely inevitable, clash between Ahsoka and Vader.

as the Imperial aim hasn't got better! But all the rest have!!!

The Imperials actually did very well this time. They shot down a speeder at some point, and that tactical maneuver when they stormed the hideout was rather well done too.

They went in with suppressive fire, and then immediately chucked a grenade into the rebel's little hiding hole. :D

A flawless maneuver all around. Of course that meant the heroes were long gone by the time they performed it, but still! (The "game" is rigged against them after all, since the heroes all wear "plot armor".)

I enjoyed the episode very much, and Vader was brilliant and fearsome as he should be. He completely humbled those rookie Jedi.

Edited by Callaron

I actually thought Vader's voice was good, the inflection and pronunciation was spot on, better than recent DV voice acting in games like The Force Unleashed. But it needed a bit more bass processing to make it lower.

They did a great job of making Vader seem like an overwhelming, frightening villain. They could do absolutely nothing against him and were lucky to get away. Felt like the Empire Strikes Back Vader, I was expecting him to strangle that admiral through the holo...

Since The Clone Wars is considered canon, that means Asajj Ventress is canon, and her storyline was unresolved in TCW ... would be cool to see her make a comeback, maybe as an inquisitor? I thought of her first when the emperor said to send another one.

Since The Clone Wars is considered canon, that means Asajj Ventress is canon, and her storyline was unresolved in TCW ... would be cool to see her make a comeback, maybe as an inquisitor? I thought of her first when the emperor said to send another one.

Well, the Emperor is definitely aware of her, no doubt. And she certainly is powerful and well trained against Jedi, I just don't see her working for Vader. He doesn't have any of the poise or sophistication of Dooku. If she'd fail him once, she'd probably be dead. And she'd know it too.

Not saying I wouldn't love to see that, especially with Ahsoka part of the spotlight for now. Would make quite an episode.

I actually thought Vader's voice was good, the inflection and pronunciation was spot on, better than recent DV voice acting in games like The Force Unleashed. But it needed a bit more bass processing to make it lower.

They did a great job of making Vader seem like an overwhelming, frightening villain. They could do absolutely nothing against him and were lucky to get away. Felt like the Empire Strikes Back Vader, I was expecting him to strangle that admiral through the holo...

Sidious doesn't like Ventress and wanted her killed, also I believe her fate will be resolved in the upcoming novel "Dark Disciple" which comes out early July. It's supposed to be in total two arcs from The Clone Wars from season 7 and 8.

So...just to cover this whole Ventress thing, not 100% confirmed considering the novel isn't out yet, but this is mostly from artwork and commentary....buuut...

Dooku kills her

I heard something about this as well, which I am fine with if he is the one that kills her. But I am certain she isn't making it out of this novel alive, there was also the one image with Quinlan carrying her body.