The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nico Okarr Hat

The reason why they have the flaps around the back of the head is because when you equip a "hat" helmet slot you become bald, I am sure if you noticed on the BT2 male revanite ops/pvp tier hoods you character is bald etc.

To do that, they would have to manually script them to have hair, and then they would have to do a lot of other variants.

It's a great idea, its just messy, unless it left a tucked in hair bit for the back, no matter your hairstyle pre helmet choice.

The reason why they have the flaps around the back of the head is because when you equip a "hat" helmet slot you become bald, I am sure if you noticed on the BT2 male revanite ops/pvp tier hoods you character is bald etc.

To do that, they would have to manually script them to have hair, and then they would have to do a lot of other variants.

It's a great idea, its just messy, unless it left a tucked in hair bit for the back, no matter your hairstyle pre helmet choice.

I agree with your assessment, however I think helmets that have their own "hair" attached to them that ignores your hairstyle would be an acceptable compromise. If I could get cowboy hats that had a little bit of hair sticking out the back, it would look much better.

• 4 weeks later...
Just make the hat accompanied with a short haircut like the npcs have. Maybe they can make it color matched to yours?

This is how LOTRO eventually fixed the bad heads with some hats problem, they just attached a generic hair line to the hat and color match it to your own, like we see some NPCs have (The Captain from Black Talon, and Admiral Ranken from Kuat Drive Yards are two examples).

How hats/hoods work with hair actually limits the use of some of them greatly as they make the character look bald.

This is how LOTRO eventually fixed the bad heads with some hats problem, they just attached a generic hair line to the hat and color match it to your own, like we see some NPCs have (The Captain from Black Talon, and Admiral Ranken from Kuat Drive Yards are two examples).

How hats/hoods work with hair actually limits the use of some of them greatly as they make the character look bald.

That would look great! Would be nice to see some bangs handing down when wearing a hood or some hair out the back for the hats.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150418220830/starwars/images/a/ae/Orzik.png

Picture for reference. Not a big deal ,considering that most male players sport short hair.

Tbh if they were smart enough they would have made versions of all vanilla haircuts (there isn't that many of them!) to be "cut" for the hats back before launch.

Yes, it's extra work for seemingly small detail.. But those details actually made Witcher 3 the best RPG outclassing every other Bioware production to date. Here's what happens to Geralt's hair when you were a certain armor with high collar:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/opFR6aQe6dU/maxresdefault.jpg Love how it is tucked in. Bioware should learn from the Witcher team. It's those small details that make the experience so enjoyable.

Also sorry to say but "Bioware storytelling" now stands for mediocrity.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150418220830/starwars/images/a/ae/Orzik.png

Picture for reference. Not a big deal ,considering that most male players sport short hair.

Tbh if they were smart enough they would have made versions of all vanilla haircuts (there isn't that many of them!) to be "cut" for the hats back before launch.

Yes, it's extra work for seemingly small detail.. But those details actually made Witcher 3 the best RPG outclassing every other Bioware production to date. Here's what happens to Geralt's hair when you were a certain armor with high collar:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/opFR6aQe6dU/maxresdefault.jpg Love how it is tucked in. Bioware should learn from the Witcher team. It's those small details that make the experience so enjoyable.

Just a question, but why are you still here subscribing and financially supporting "mediocrity"?

If you feel that other games are far superior to this one, then why are you not playing those games instead of spending your time playing a "mediocre" game that you apparently do not like?

Hair models really don't have much to so with story telling, but certainly you love your hyperbolic stretches. Or maybe you really felt Return of the Jedi was terrible because you couldn't see Palatine's hair under his hood.