Prince Arcann Theory

Strive-US

This theory is an example of everything that is wrong with fandoms on the internet. Just because a character looks like another doesn't mean that it has a connection. That whole Revan-in-episode-7 theory is proof of this. I blame the ultra-hardcore fans that want to turn Star Wars into Homestuck.

It's because both are generic looking "focus test" guys. A certain archetype was tested as being most positively received by adolescent to young adult males and game companies use it excessively:

-White

-Athletic to muscular

-Age 30-45

-Brown or black hair neck length or shorter

-Stubble or a short beard

-Grim/serious expression

http://dh101.humanities.ucla.edu/DH101Fall12Lab4/archive/fullsize/28c867e08387b3a95f3d9f19a8f60447.jpg

Edited by Nefla

That's not racist. It's research.

For example, if a game were designed in Japan and it was determined that most players would be Japanese, it would not be racist of them to do focus groups that concluded the populace would respond most positively to a character who is also Japanese. If most of them responded positive to a male character, it would not be sexist of them to make the character male.

And if I was of another ethnicity/country and also happened to play the game, and complained that because their character was Japanese then they were being racist, that would make me a douchebag whose concept of political correctness has warped my perception of reality.

It's because both are generic looking "focus test" guys. A certain archetype was tested as being most positively received by adolescent to young adult males and game companies use it excessively:

-White

-Athletic to muscular

-Age 30-45

-Brown or black hair neck length or shorter

-Stubble or a short beard

-Grim/serious expression

http://dh101.humanities.ucla.edu/DH101Fall12Lab4/archive/fullsize/28c867e08387b3a95f3d9f19a8f60447.jpg

to be fair the short hair is because short hair is easy to make realistic looking for both CGI and game graphics. Hair long enough to blow around is a nightmare.

to be fair the short hair is because short hair is easy to make realistic looking for both CGI and game graphics. Hair long enough to blow around is a nightmare.

Could always be in a ponytail or a braid, or just stiff in games that aren't that advanced (like SWtOR lol) anyways I just wish there was more variety overall.