Is cartel market a programmed scam?

LordSatoh

Well you must have some bloody great RNG then, because I've never had the reputation given to me on a platter like that. Think yourself lucky, and welcome to my world of terrible RNG.

:p

This might be true, but others noted it too. There were a good number of post about it at the time when the new shipments came out. Many people noticed a lot of drop values were changed compared to previous shipments.

My guess is this is what happened. Tuesday is the change over day when old sales end and new ones are put up. I believe that OP is probably telling the truth about what happened and they simply got very unlucky to have caught the CM during mid-change.

That's kind of what I was alluding to when asking about 8AM when the OP corrected my initial theory.

Weekly change of the deals. Still not a scam.

The OP is acting like it's a trick that they pull on everyone, ie that currency values change as soon as you buy the coins when in reality he most likely bought the coins at the worst possible time during the game's refresh.

Or maybe he's completely right and they went through this very elaborate process to scam $30 out of just him.

They are constantly tweaking the market to squeeze out every little penny out of us. First they raised the price for hyper-crates to basically force you to buy the 39.99+ option. Then they reduced drop rates across the board on many of the items to force you to buy more packs. Then they separated out armor pieces to force you to buy more packs to get full sets. Now with this last shipment, they have drastically reduced the amount of reputation you get, so they force you to buy more hyper-crates in order to get to legend status. .

Forced? Were you FORCED to gamble on crates? Really?