Another Level Increase?

Svarthrafn

No thanks.

Looks like I will be playing one character through to see the story and then hanging up SWtOR for a while.

I'm done grinding gear. I'll get my PvP and group content elsewhere.

Edited by Svarthrafn

Yup, vertical progression the bane of MMO's

Maybe someday some developer will figure out something besides copy and paste and add new stats

I wont be holding my breath however, Vertical progression where they end up with more than 50% of the game unused.

Maybe someday some developer will figure out something besides copy and paste and add new stats

I wont be holding my breath however, Vertical progression where they end up with more than 50% of the game unused.

I'm sure the only reason they did it was because of the "get in at 60" option. This time they have legitimate story reasons to do so.

Well, you seem to be a genius. Why are you not running a major game studio?

No thanks.

Looks like I will be playing one character through to see the story and then hanging up SWtOR for a while.

This is an MMO.

This is an expansion.

If there's not a level increase, it's a Patch, not an Expansion.

What did you expect?

It was figured out a long time ago with the very successful Ultima Online.

No levels, simply skills from 1-100 (initially) that only increase with the use of that skill in more and more complex situations.

But the console generation demanded levels - so they got levels.

Or also lateral progression by allowing characters to specialize even further after reaching max level. To become better vs droids, force users, or whatever; or more mobile at the expense of durability or vise versa, etc. Edited by Svarthrafn

Try GW 2. I have heared it is quite successful (not).

Edited by Neglience

Can I have your stuff?

I'll split your stuff with him 70/30

Also, if your characters aren't moving "forward" i.e. leveling up, then why would you continue to play? So many people already complain about end game content being dead but when content that would; 1) keep you vested for a time through story, 2) offer possible new end game fps and ops (even if remastered versions of ones we have), and 3) allow the possibility of new skills (even if minor)? Then what the hell will please you people?

"We want new content!" *news of new expansion is released detailing new story driven content (which was the main focus of this game at launch), level increase and updated, to level, of fps and ops* "well, I didn't want to see that content!" ***!? Honestly, be happy that new content is being released and work is being done to expand end game content. I, for one, am extremely happy with the news of this new expansion and for the future of this game.

I'll split your stuff with him 70/30

Also, if your characters aren't moving "forward" i.e. leveling up, then why would you continue to play? So many people already complain about end game content being dead but when content that would; 1) keep you vested for a time through story, 2) offer possible new end game fps and ops (even if remastered versions of ones we have), and 3) allow the possibility of new skills (even if minor)? Then what the hell will please you people?

"We want new content!" *news of new expansion is released detailing new story driven content (which was the main focus of this game at launch), level increase and updated, to level, of fps and ops* "well, I didn't want to see that content!" ***!? Honestly, be happy that new content is being released and work is being done to expand end game content. I, for one, am extremely happy with the news of this new expansion and for the future of this game.

If the content is engaging and fun, you don't need to constantly watch your numbers go up in order to enjoy the game.

No thanks.

If you intend on sticking around long enough to see the story, you're going to be subbed for a while longer since they're releasing new Chapters every month after this initial 16 Chapter expansion.

No thanks.

It's outrageous that a level-based MMO would have cap-level increases,

I'm sure Star Citizen will be a wonderful game in about 5 or 10 years.

Edited by branmakmuffin

So you still play Elder Scrolls without DLC or mods?

Actually, I play Elder Scrolls with DLC and mods because some of them are well-made, quite good and offer fun and engaging stories or gameplay. The character has been maxed out at level 81 for years now, but that's Ok because the fun doesn't come from watching numbers get bigger.

Also, I never said I was going to unsub. I'll play the story content as it comes; but most of the time in between I'll be logged out and playing something else when I want pvp or group activities. I do the pay in advance option, so it isn't all that unusual for my sub to lapse anyways. I'm sure they are used to it. :)

Edited by Svarthrafn