Level 65... WAIT, WHAT?!

HaoZhao

Free Digital expansion for subs AND create a level 60 character from the start to jump right into the new world? I'm glad to hear and dying of laughter right now :p

I'm guessing the missions/quests will be similar to Rishi, Yavin 4 & Ziost in that the leveling experience will be smooth and fun, with no wasted on time gearing because they will award appropriate powerful equipment to destroy mobs with and enjoy the story.

Now, I wonder how the companion thing will work out? Will the quests/missions also offer Companion Gearing as a provided reward as a quality of life improvement too?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of new story content sound great, can't wait.

A new level cap with thus far the only repeatable content being mentioned as 'many of our existing Flashpoints and Operations are being scaled to 60+' sound boring as hell.

If that is true - (no new group content for 65) - then I'll sub for launch, play the stories, and drop until new chapters are released.

I'm certainly not going to maintain a sub to grind the same FPs and Ops which are already stale.

A bunch of new story content sound great, can't wait.

A new level cap with thus far the only repeatable content being mentioned as 'many of our existing Flashpoints and Operations are being scaled to 60+' sound boring as hell.

If that is true - (no new group content for 65) - then I'll sub for launch, play the stories, and drop until new chapters are released.

I'm certainly not going to maintain a sub to grind the same FPs and Ops which are already stale.

They're going to be releasing new chapters every month.

It is too soon for a level cap increase. They will have to re balance the classes at 65 when they still haven't done it at 60, it gives medium core guilds a time limit to progress in HM until it gets trivialized by lvl 65. (unless it gets scaled but still)

9 chapters and a 5 level cap increase? Does that mean each chapter is like 20 min of content? 20 min unique to each class? Or will we hit 65 by chapter 3 where you become the outlander (assumed by the title of that chapter)?

Either way I'm assuming Ops aren't dead. Just delayed since scaling to 60+ consumed some dev resources.

I'd love to see 65-based EV. The tears will be delicious.

And EC would just break people's brains ( still does for many ).

On topic - I'm happy enough for a 65 boost after the stuff up that was ravagers exploit and the gearing. I kind of thought it inevitable that a new gear tier would come in fairly early after that and there lack of a proper fix.

I disagree 100%. We don't need a level cup upgrade already. We JUST got one in December. Every 1 and half years or so is enough. I am NOT looking forward to leveling up 12 more 60's to 65...again...when I am still working on completing the Revan and Ziost storylines with the 12 60's I have. This will most likely mean yet another gear upgrade, and I JUST finished getting 4-6 set piece 192/198 gear on all my 60's with legacy gear. Honestly am not looking forward to another level cap upgrade already.

Yeah!!...because... leveling in an MMO?...madness!!!

It's 5 freaking levels...relax

So, you obviously don't like being powerful in the game. Ultimate comms gear is garbage anyway. All comms gear is.

The level cap from 55 - 60 took way more than a year. This is way too soon.

Furthermore, upping old ops to be lvl 60 is boring and frankly lackluster. I've already done them all 900 times.

I havent checked out level 60 gear as of yet. Going by 55th though, I had better stated stuff with 55th level mods from vendors than getting stuff from Revan's story and drops so far. 168 drops for 55th versus buying mods at 55 rated 172 and the stats so far are better. 186 is passed by to pick up 192s that are being given to me. *shrugs* All those artifact gear I seen through out my whole play so far has never been better than what I ended up gearing via mod vendors yet. Though now am 60 and may find some artifact items actually good finally cause cant just buy mods instead. Individual perspectives I guess. There is a difference for 60th level drops versus bought I am sure. 192 versus the 198 deals. That 192 still get bought anyways, and was stated if 186 on HM, will be quite difficult. So, looking at 192 instead, and honestly, dont care about HM stuff yet. I have Yavin, Makeb and Ziost to go through before caring about HM. Plenty of story time, I missed Makeb on accident as wasnt directed that way automatically.

Level 65 cap wouldnt bother me one bit, then again, havent been 60 for more than a day as I write this post.

I don't believe it is an issue of not seeing the text. It seems more like shock that the cap is being raised again so soon.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys?

Button-bloat.

E:

I hope "more accessible" storyline doe not mean "brain-dead faceroll." Remember when Voss --Imp-side world-arc final boss especially-- was hard? We need this back again!

Edited by midianlord

I feel that 5 levels is just to little for the story they are trying to tell.

It's not just going to stop with the expansion. This is going to be a whole new thing! It's going to keep coming and coming.

I don't believe it is an issue of not seeing the text. It seems more like shock that the cap is being raised again so soon.

Perhaps the OP should make clear what his beef is. "Wait, what?" doesn't really tell us much.

I hope "more accessible" storyline doe not mean "brain-dead faceroll." Remember when Voss --Imp-side world-arc final boss especially-- was hard? We need this back again!

Only if it helps the game financially. The game exists to make money, not necessarily to make you happy. Modern MMOs are about casual play.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yeah, it says a lot about what direction the game is heading. We're abandoning PvP and PvE completely, in favor of story, which I guess is okay, I'll continue to play the story on a single character. I'll just miss my guild and the occasional raid/warzone.

this expansion comes like similar to the leechking of world of warcraft... meaning... they also give the chance for us to create a lvl 60 character... like leechking, remember?

That means we need... 1-2-3 more expansions after that for a total revamp lol.... like wow did ? kidding.

This expansion is more comparable to Cataclysm.