The EA E3 Press Conference, Monday 6/15

EricMusco

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it appears to me that they intend to go on another Dread Masters type story direction (in other words, not end the story with the Emperor).

As was posted on Reddit, the haircut and face look very close to Vitiate when he was young: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100521162133/starwars/images/a/ae/Sithemperorbloodoftheempire.jpg

My current theory is that a fleet from the KotOR time remained, possibly the fleet that Revan and Malak took into the Unknown Regions and that fell into the hands of the emperor when he possessed them. This would be the fleet you can see in the Fallen Empire concept art, and now the emperor is using it to invade the galaxy with his clones. If you look at the CGI image, the crashed spaceship looks like the Endar Spire.

I don't think it has to do too much with the Rakata, maybe they are using Rakatan technology but I doubt that the fleet is led by Rakatans.

In any case, we will know more on Monday, and even more after the San Diego cantina tour.

I'm thinking Vakku, to tie it in with the new movies.

I suppose it is a typo and you mean Jakku? Hard to say really. At Celebration, Leland Chee said that Bioware is doing their own thing with the story and is independent from their story group/new canon so I don't think they could easily integrate any Episode 7 content into the development. But we have to wait and see.

Edited by Jerba

What I got out of that teaser trailer is that they're publicly announcing the fact that Commandos dying is just part of the 4th pillar that they're focusing on ( story ) and we're living it each time we play one.

OMG that Picture looks like a Sith and Jedi together after a Major battle obviously.

I have Not been This Excited in a Long time.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

I wonder if EA spilled the juice about a good sum of what EA/Bioware wanted to surprise us with. :/

Also, i'm very excited about EA saying that this IS SWTORs biggest Expansion ever.

What i'm Not excited about is the proposed changes to Healers in 3.3 :(

What I got out of that teaser trailer is that they're publicly announcing the fact that Commandos dying is just part of the 4th pillar that they're focusing on ( story ) and we're living it each time we play one.

Hehe, my thoughts exactly. Spot on symbolism.

The armor is definitely not Sith, at least not the gloves/gauntlets: http://i.imgur.com/dtw1yXd.png

Yeah, in No way is the armor Sith, unless now EA/Bioware has all of a sudden made Sith and Jedi use the same armor. The armor is white, and the cloaks are Black. If any1 has read the EU books then they would know a most Jedi use brown or black cloaks, just as Sith use black.

It looks like the 2 force users are indeed twins or clones, and it looks like the Sith might have killed that Jedi Master or Knight. The battlefield is littered with Republic Commandos and Jedi from the looks of white armor used by the Republic Jedi armor.

The 2 Force users, either twins or clones, probably clones also have White colored blades, which would make me think that again that the Republic and what's left of the Empire will be fighting whoever or whatever this New or Old threat is.

I hope to God this isn't some stupid Clone War thing, but it looks like i could be wrong.

Well, i can't wait for June 15th :)

This is just one of the Voice bodies he possesed at some point

That Picture does remind me of those 2 twins/ clones Force users. when I saw everything............................. It sounds f'ing crazy i know, but i had a thought of.....................

Did these 2 force users kill Everyone??

This announcement is what we have all been waiting for.

In my deepest and most honest opinion, I won't deny being super hyped for this because I am, I'm hoping it'll be a paid expansion that'll include a lot including increased level cap.

I'm sure others will disagree with what I'm about to say, but I'm going to stand with it until it releases, this is going to be by far the best expansion Swtor has ever released. (I'm not really a fan of the Makeb expansion, sorry.)

Thank you for this LiveStream, super excited!

weird thought, but what if these are not twins but some way this trailer is showing the choice of path for the player. Light or dark. could be crazy, but crazier than twins or clones?

Actually u could be spot on urself. Damm, i can't wait til' the 15th.

No. Keep the mouse away from the true SW canon please.

Actually, if they do incorporate Jakku in the game, that means the entire storyline for games, comics and books for the period of the Old Republic,, will be official canon. Something that people's been hoping for and has been unresolved ever since they made the decision of the EU being non-canon. In conclusion, there is hope for more material in from this period, if they do incorporate Jakku in the game. Besides, Disney is already involved, because they keep an eye on that the canon of the game is kept.

Personnally, I have a slight feeling that it won't be Jakku, but one can always hope.

Can't wait for the press conference. Sounds exciting :D

Edited by Elvija

My thoughts and opinion about this.

Highly unlikely its the Emperors clone, These look human, Emperor is Pureblood (Pink-ish skin). Just read the book of Revan if being wondered why i say Pureblood.

If its anything related to the Emperor, it would likely be the Children of the Emperor.

The Pictures that BW/EA released are tagged as Sacrifice, so it seems a lot of Republic characters will be sacrificed for something or someone.

They could be clone of someone but i think they are more of a Twin force user. Kinda look like Starkiller due the hair style and facial expression but due the time and year we are in, impossible to be him, unless we are doing time travel/jump... please no

We could also be misled by the two twin looking type, The tag says #FaceYourDestiny So it could either be one person who have to make a decision, going light or dark.

The fallen robed force users resemble more of a Jedi army then Sith, yes the cloak/cape looks black but it could be dark brown and bad lightning might make it look darker. Right at the black glove part for the fingers, the middle piece should have another ring metal thing to it, forgot the English word for it. Also the end of the knuckles have sharp parts at the edge, Jedi valiant have not, the lightning and all on the gloves matches the same glove Satele Shan master in the trailer where Malgus and his master returned to known space.

One person in the comment said they were Sith, the kneeling force user/Jedi turned of his lightsaber and a red-ish glow could be seen. Its not a glow, Both the top and the end have a red line running around it. The top part still has a cylinder above the red line.

I was also thinking, either remnants of the Infinite Empire, Revan's Empire or Sith Triumvirate(although Sith Triumvirate is a remnants of Revan's Empire) or all three together.

Also the first picture they released, the secret with in a secret picture, that these two among many more could be from the Rishi maze. a Fallen Empire hidden, within a maze galaxy.

Some interesting things going to happen, that is for sure. two more days guys, two more days!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Also another thing we could be misled to, is believing that these two look alike force users, killed these dead pile of bodies we seeing a around or at least a few of them, could also be they arrived to see whats going on.

Edited by Rakugo