Power or Aim Augments PvP

I'm in the midst of re-gearing my PT after coming back to the game, and I was wondering what augments everyone preferred to run with. This is for DPS, and what I assume would be for the AP / tactics spec. I've tried digging up as much discussion as possible, but from what I can tell it seems fairly split on what actually gives a better output.

If it matters at all, I'm planning on running a heavy power / surge build while possibly testing out a few pieces of alacrity. I'm mostly not sure if this makes the Aim augments slightly more attractive because of the slight crit bonus that I would otherwise not be getting from my gear (aside form the native Aim found).

Any useful information would be much appreciated!

Also, if anyone has experience with pyrotech, and whether the stat distribution should stay the same or change would also be welcome information as I've had fun toying around with the spec.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
So, Aim Augments for Plasma/Pyro and Power for AP/Tactics?

From what I gather, yes. Although I have done some tsting myself and the difference is so minimal it doesn't really matter tbh. Pri Dmg is literally 1 damage higher for power, and the abilities themself go up pretty much the same amount with power / mainstat. So 1 Pri Dmg more with power and .1 % crit increase with mainstat. IT really isnt huge atm. We will see how it is with 4.0. If power does become the name of the game, my budget is going to sky rocket :/

Edited by mmmbuddah

• 1 month later...

On Aim vs Power issue.

Power:

1 power = 0.23 damage

1 aim = 0.2 damage

Critical Chance (from crit rating) = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / 60 ) / 0.9 ) )

Critical Chance (from main stat) = 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / 60 ) / 5.5 ) )

Power+crit rating is more effective in minimaxing, because of sheer Aim you are getting from your gear (which also caps on crit at some point).

Power+crit, where crit rating should not exceed cap. Then only power.