Why we NEED a LFD

Veneric

Scenario 1, without LFD:

Gets online, sees a flashpoint I want to do... but not enough people around and spamming /1 doesn't seem to have garnered any results... no flashpoints for me today maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow. :mad:

Scenario 2, with LFD:

Oh man, I'm so in the mood to do a flashpoint today! Hm, doesn't seem to be enough people around to do this flashpoint for my level, but hey! I have this LFD tool in front of me, maybe I can use it to find another people who aren't in this instance/world but they also want to do this flashpoint! - queues for this FP in the LFD tool - ... 5 minutes passes, hey, I seem to have already found a group to do this FP, thanks Bioware for this great tool! :)

Option 3: Open /who, check your lvl bracket (Eg: 40-43) and ask potential players if they wanna join you? after you do the flashpoint if they're good add them to your friend list, then the next time u'll have more players that you know that are good to play with.

result? good community.

because.. someone ninjas? /ignore them, u'll never catch them again in another flashpoint that you organize, which will be all of them.

u cant od that if lfd tool shares servers. if it didnt? i wouldnt oppose.

How about trying to utilize the tools already in place. You know.. flagging yourself, with the ability to set a comment. Or start a group. It's amazing how often I see 12 people spamming "LF group for X!".. all for the same place, for 30 minutes. No one wants to take the initiative to actually start the group.

My wife actually started a raid yesterday. Was great, never saw her do that before. She has little game experience, but within 20 minutes, had an entire raid. In 30 minutes we beat the world boss. Good times. Take some initiative, and stop relying on everyone else to do all the work.

Scenario 1, without LFD:

Gets online, sees a flashpoint I want to do... but not enough people around and spamming /1 doesn't seem to have garnered any results... no flashpoints for me today maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow. :mad:

Scenario 2, with LFD:

Oh man, I'm so in the mood to do a flashpoint today! Hm, doesn't seem to be enough people around to do this flashpoint for my level, but hey! I have this LFD tool in front of me, maybe I can use it to find another people who aren't in this instance/world but they also want to do this flashpoint! - queues for this FP in the LFD tool - ... 5 minutes passes, hey, I seem to have already found a group to do this FP, thanks Bioware for this great tool! :)

Let me give you a solution to your problem:

First, you type the following:

"/1 <YOUR CLASS> <NUMBER OF MEMBERS IN GROUP> LOOKING FOR (May abbriviate to 'LF') <NUMBER NEEDED> <CLASS ROLE> PST!" Alter as needed. Done.

Second: Spam occasionally.

Three: Wait.

Four: Invite when you recive tells.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Open the LFG tool. Use it. Encourage your guild to use it. Use it on all your alts. Start a trend. Tell all your puggers to use it. Tell everyone in /1 to use it. Use LFG. Use LFG. Use LFG.

I managed to do this on a low pop server in WOW, EQ2 and Warhammer Online. If I can do it there, you can do it here. It takes all of 5 minutes.

Patience is a virtue.

Edited by LilPika

It's astounding how much faster your group fills when you say "Need 1 tank and 1 dps for flashpoint x!", than when you say "dps looking for X!" Everyone wants everything handed to them now. WoW has spoiled too many people. Instant groups, instant rewards, no challenge thank you, just want to pull my uber gear vending machine handle and walk away 20 minutes later.

The last I saw, Bioware effectively stated they had no interest in making an LFD tool, since they feel it would make the game less social. There's not much point continuing the argument at this point.

You just have to decide if the game is enjoyable enough without it to continue playing or if it's just not fun for you without it and quit.

"Dungeon finders" are completely unnecessary. They cater to the instant gratification crowd. (This of course ends up being ironic when the complaints begin about how long it takes to get through the queue for a dungeon.)

Put some effort into cultivating friends instead of relying on a steady stream of random people you will never have to make any investment in.

they did indeed say that and here's where i leave the game, those that want it will inevitably get it, and probably sooner rather than later.

i just can't get on board with it, and refuse to go from one game with it to another with it when it's one of the main reasons i left the other game...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.