Sith Inquisitor PVP GUIDE *sorc*

Esxca

Interesting thread :)

How come none of you two take "Seeping Darkness"? 3% higher crit chance for every spell seems a pretty big dps boost, especially as there is synergy with talents that depend on a crit to proc.

Edited by Meccan

My crit chance atm is sitting at around 20% but i still need a lot of gear. And the 1% heals arent huge but they definitely add up over time.

The reason i didnt pick up seeping darkness is because, while 3% crit is is nice, my build is more focused on control and mobility w/ damage. That being said, if i put three points just for a little more crit, it would take away from somewhere else that benefits more. Now if your build was about nothing but damage or damage with healing then i would definitely grab it.

My build: 0/23/18.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZdcMrdRMhZcMcRsMz.1

**LOGIC**

I agree with the OP that 5m range increase on *ONE* spell (that we use), that we ONLY cast when it is instant, is pretty unnecessary. I'd much rather have 3% more force efficient spells, personally.

I agree with Sirokai that instant whirlwind, with a stun attached, is a pretty damn good spell. So I kept that.

However, I do not think the static barrier blind is very good because most damage seems to be ranged, and the blind is only melee range. Also, forked lightning is pretty damn strong and we do not want to lose that. Matter of fact, we want to make some adjustments to get it 3/3.

We lose oppressing force. 10s reduced cooldown on electrocute, while good, is not worth losing 15% chance to shock twice instead of once, or 10% chance to chain lightning for 30% extra damage.

I definitely like this build, and will for sure try it out at some point. =]

Edited by lockindal

From what I can tell from playing a few PvP rounds was that any spell that takes 2.5 sec or longer to cast during combat just got me shot by snipers or back stabbed by assassins.

I was casting (for attacks) mostly Force slow, affliction, force-lighting, shock and Electrocute and hung way back. These are mostly instant spells so you don't have to stay still very long, I found standing still for a while was a bad thing and if I did, I was hiding behind something and that wasn't always effective.

After reviewing the thread, I declare Siko's build and reasonings superior.

But seriously, PvP is all about survivability. Survivability>DPS has been the rule of thumb for a good reason. You can argue that sooner dead better is the way to go, but if you can't survive long enough, then you're not going to get the kill. This was the warrior's problem in WoW. Warriors in PvP (around Cata's release) had the highest burst damage in game. They could down any opponent in a few globals, but it was at the cost of all of their cooldowns. If something happened such as an interrupt or a stun to break the burst, warriors were pretty much worthless on the battlefield. This brings home my point: if you can't survive long enough to kill, you can't kill at all.

That's the point of CC, self-heals an increasing your resource pool over reducing the cost of a few abilities. Everything is situational. Good PvP requires planning for the length of the match rather than a minute at a time.

lightning spire only affects chain lightning, for the purpose of this build. (we only cast it when it is instant)

I am almost certain 0/23/18 is superior to the other ones linked, but to each his own.

edit: also, chance to do 30% additional damage on our main nuke (to multiple targets) can sometimes make or break a battle. a 3s pbaoe blindness (that only occurs if you happen to have your shield up.. that YOU casted, without the reduced cd shield talent) will not usually do that (especially if you're only fighting someone at range and it does absolutely nothing). 0/23/18 retains instant whirlwind and the immobilization off aoe knockback.

Just sayin~

Edited by lockindal

Btw, in response to your whole thing on my build not having enough damage and lack of survivability Esxca, I give you this screen shot. =P This is a fairly common game for me.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q3vr43&s=5

You were tied for last in objective points! Therefore I deduce that you were trying to prove a damage point instead of help YOUR team win the WZ. Stop being a bad teammate for the sake of a forum spat! You make your WZ mates cry.

J/K

I mostly agree with your points although the OP does have a fair amount of reasoning for his choices as well. Largely this will be preference especially when we find out the overall changes as the game progresses and expertise (resilience), alarcity (haste), crit (arrow to the knee), all get stacked to show us where we will all be at for the endgame pvp. At some point when stats build up and such it's quite possible what's best at the end will change.

Edited by Caerthose

Here's my version of a Sorcerer PvP hybrid build: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=812291#edit812291

I have found that a constant 10% increase to Chain Lightning and Death Field is more useful then a 30% chance at 30% extra damage. The +3% to crit and half a second quicker large heal are gravy on top of that.

The one point into Subversion is strictly for the Lightning Strike force regen, as I alternate Lightning Strike on Wrath procs when Chain Lightning is on cooldown. It can easily be swapped to Lightning Effusion if that is what you prefer.

Edited by spellegren

You were tied for last in objective points! Therefore I deduce that you were trying to prove a damage point instead of help YOUR team win the WZ. Stop being a bad teammate for the sake of a forum spat! You make your WZ mates cry.

J/K

I mostly agree with your points although the OP does have a fair amount of reasoning for his choices as well. Largely this will be preference especially when we find out the overall changes as the game progresses and expertise (resilience), alarcity (haste), crit (arrow to the knee), all get stacked to show us where we will all be at for the endgame pvp. At some point when stats build up and such it's quite possible what's best at the end will change.

Lolll no the reason I was mostly damage done in there is because I'm recording my warzones so I can pull clips of games to put a video together to show people the viability of the hybrid spec via actual PvP. And I do agree w/ some of the OP's points but again, I think he doesn't put enough emphasis on the value of utility/control.

-----------

And to the individual who asked for a separate link, it looks like torhead was fixed:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsMrdRrZcrcRsM.1

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, I would say sure. Buuuuuuuuuut I'm thinking that I might try to put something together in a thread of my own. No, it won't be a guide due to the fact that I don't quite have the credentials for everything I say to be trusted nor due I know enough for my word to be law, but it will be something to get people pointed in the right direction.

Here's a rough outline of what I'm thinking of covering:

I. Introductions and Sith Sorcerer PvP Overview

II. Hybrid Builds

a. Survivability/Utility Build

b. Damage Optomization Build

III. "Rotation" - more or less

IV. Stat Priority

V. 1v1 Tactics

VI. Frequently Asked Questions

VIIThings to Keep In Mind

VIII. PvP Video

IX. Closing Remarks

If there's anything else that you think I should maybe go over or any suggestions then let me know.