Republic Revival

Blackiesmith

As much as I hate to say it, but the state of the republic pvp is pretty horrendous. it is not easy for me to turn a blind eye to it as someone who used to be a republic hardcore player. So before I start playing mainly imp, I will try to do something about it. As I know the republic side is a bunch of fragmented pvp players in various guilds, or republic players playing on imps because the republic side has no real base for pvp play. I used to be the guildmaster of filthy, a small pvp oriented guild (which did starfighter as well), and although there was interest in pve we never had enough people to actually do guild runs etc. It was probably one of my favorite guilds i have ever been apart of because of the small scale it was on as well as the talent level being extremely high. I was just curious if there is any interest in the community on forming a centralized pvp guild. If there is some interest I would not mind opening recruitment again for the benefit of the republic side as well as providing services that the guild might require(it already has ts3 on a small scale but would not mind making more slots avail). The purpose would be to allow for republic players to form well organized premades to help get their wins as well as player improvment; and like I said it used to be more than a pvp guild. But this is only if there is interest in the community. Like I said it is hard for me to turn a blind eye so i will attempt to do something about the republic pvp state but if there is no interest I will continue with my previous plans of going to the imperial side.

Thank you for reading this message and have a nice day

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much gave up on pub for this server, its as bad as I've ever seen. 10x worse than how bad imp side was when pubs ruled this server. The amount of backpacking needed just to make competitive matches vs even mediocre imps is ridiculous. I'd come back if the interest to do this is legit. As it stands its fairly dead, tho. I log in and see nothing but tumbleweeds in the PvP area Edited by ace_boogie

As it stands its fairly dead, tho. I log in and see nothing but tumbleweeds in the PvP area

Ya thats why I proposed this because pubs are horrible. I do not mind helping out the pub side and showing them how to run premades and stuff which would lead to better server competition, but again the interest has to be there.

It would be nice to get some more good pubs pvping. its basically come to the point where if you queue on pub side (especially by yourself) and you are facing imps its an auto-loss. I would like to think that imp healers just seem to outnumber pub healers at like a 3:1 ratio so a lot of losses are just bad matchmaking match-ups, but even more healers cant help the lack of good dps on pub side either lol. Even playing on imp side I feel like the only games that are even remotely close matches are imp v imp ones Edited by UrbanSaint

I'm down!. :cool: let's do this Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooyyy Jenkins.

tl:dr.. The end goal is gotta be ranked 4s... Fyi no more regstars

Edited by Dukago

let's do this Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooyyy Jenkins.

Always funny. But for real i'll get some stuff together and then I'll give this a honest effort at trying to get this together and maybe make pubs more respectable. If anyone has any questions or wants to get in on this whisper me on one of my toons or someone from Filthy.

To be honest I was just heading to Harb and Bastion forums to ask about the state of pub pvp there, in interest of transfering, when I saw this.

I mean just looking at the state of things over the last 6 months pubside has really taken a dive:

(disclamer - I am not on all the time so this is just my opinion from what I've seen)

<Res Nova> - gone

<Filthy> - great pvpers, really small, haven't really seen you guys

<Working as Intended> - All-in-one guild with some great pvpers not really on that much, probably have had the greatest presence pubside pvp-wise, most of them spend more time impside for pvp, skill levels varied.

<stim Addicts> - fell apart due to lack of GM presence (Wally </3) and practically no gating/standards on recruitment.

<Uncensored> - have 2 players that have been playing pubside as of late, as far as I can tell, isn't really connected to the original (impside) Uncensored anymore which moved to a different server and changed the name to <simpletons>

<Lethal Dose Fifty> (Do not confuse with <LD-Fifty> :rak_03:) Sometimes if stars align you will see one of those in pvp area or a wz.

<Prime Defense> Aside from Fatbert (who's mostly in WAI) Its been ages.

<Knights of Havoc> Have great players none of them are usually around unless impside in <LD-Fifty> or <Nemesis>

<Republic Gentlemen> Only see them in yolos or sometimes to pug a 4s group. Very rare to see one in wz.

<Grav Brothers> This could be good but have the feeling its a side line activity for some of the LD guys having fun.

Mix in a boatload of clueless nubs into the above situation and yeah, it's gotten really really really bad.

Reading this thread however, I am interested. And it looks like some of the better pubside pvpers are interested but that wont be enough. The newer players have to be willing to learn from the vets and many more of the players who jumped ship and bandwagoned impside have to come back at least 50% of the time or something.

Caution with opening the recruitment doors too wide in <filthy>. In my experience this is a bad move for any serious, competitive, pvp guild (K'senia was right when he/she pointed this out as a flaw with stim Addicts). Perhaps setting up a secondary guild <PvP Skool> or <Nub Skool> or something would be the way to go. Keep the good and serious pvpers in <filthy> and have those still learning in the secondary guild work their way up into the primary guild.

I have some other idea too but this would have to be really really promoted and some of us have to decide whether or not we want to play teacher a 1/2 - 1 hour per day. And really it would take quite a bit of time investment of those who want to see pub pvp revived. I guess im on the fence still a little bit on this one. If the interest is there, I'm down like a clown;). But if not, peach out:mad:.

Can neither confirm nor deny...

Regardless, they're awesome. Had one of my funnest huttball matches to date with them in mids. We kept throwing the ball to the enemy, then blowing him up to get the ball back repeatedly, over and over and over. Imps kept quitting but there were plenty in the queue to backfill. You could tell those backfills were really really confused. Yeah kinda trolly I guess but pure gold. XD

/subjectchangeoff

Regardless, they're awesome. Had one of my funnest huttball matches to date with them in mids. We kept throwing the ball to the enemy, then blowing him up to get the ball back repeatedly, over and over and over. Imps kept quitting but there were plenty in the queue to backfill. You could tell those backfills were really really confused. Yeah kinda trolly I guess but pure gold. XD

/subjectchangeoff

Regrettably Acorns is unable to post on the forums anymore, he asked that I share this video with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlv89XftSIM

y'know, I coulda sworn I saw lex on a scoundrel trying to masquerade as a trooper in one of your groups. could smell the stench of false trooper like a fart in a car!

I've had people look at me and tell me I wasn't in a cell only to realize I was a scoundrel :D

<Uncensored> - have 2 players that have been playing pubside as of late, as far as I can tell, isn't really connected to the original (impside) Uncensored anymore which moved to a different server and changed the name to <simpletons>

Please do not confuse what you see from Uncensored right now to what it used to be, actually whatever is left of players in it aren't original players; aside from myself and the once in a blue moon apparition of a returning player.

As soon as I can get my hand back on GM on both side the guilds will be disbanded, Uncensored is over.

As soon as I can get my hand back on GM on both side the guilds will be disbanded, Uncensored is over.
Edit - heh, now I can't remember who you may be. But Oceanne isn't going to disband the guild.

Anyway, with my PvE guild toast I guess I'm going through one of my offline spells.

Edited by flem

Edit - heh, now I can't remember who you may be. But Oceanne isn't going to disband the guild.

Anyway, with my PvE guild toast I guess I'm going through one of my offline spells.

Well you could always join up with us at Filthy. We would love to have a player like you with us as a talent perspective as well as a social perspective.