I wish there was a "Generic Armor" checkbox in the client options.

Ashes_Arizona

I'm kind of totally bored and done with seeing all these female toons running around in Reveler's/Dancer tops and hot pants.

Then don't dress your own characters that way. Otherwise. single-player games are that way ---------->

Weak, transparent trolling effort. But you have got replies (including mine).

Edited by branmakmuffin

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was referring to certain game characters I was referring to non-SWTOR games..

You know, it would have helped ever so much if you'd said that from the beginning :rolleyes:

OTOH, it simply brings me right back to this being nothing more than an "issue" of personal aesthetics, on which both of us are right, neither of us is wrong, & the only thing left to do is for you to get over it & move on. I think we both know nothing is going to change to make you happy on this, so .....

/nolongerfloggingdeadhorsies

I don't dress my characters that way, my female characters are in full armor. So are my males.

But I still have to be visually assaulted by people that literally think their little pink hawt pants actually makes them a girl.

Or worse, Woogie....and believe me if you know the name you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh you poor thing. You are assaulted by pixels on a screen. That must be very traumatic for you. Luckily you have your extreme wife to help you cope.

I don't dress my characters that way, my female characters are in full armor. So are my males.

But I still have to be visually assaulted by people that literally think their little pink hawt pants actually makes them a girl.

Or worse, Woogie....and believe me if you know the name you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Think its you that's doing all the projection here... how you can think you can tell what others are thinking based on some clothes, well, beyond arrogant mate, way beyond. It is a game. People play for all sorts of reasons, those people have a million and one different tastes and opinions. Yours is merely one - its not significant to anyone else and neither is mine. Project away, but its still your opinion alone and is meaningless to anyone else. You are spending way too much time on this.

Cheers.

First off im an artist, i look at the world in an artistic way. Some art i find offensive and just that cant be art.

that is only my opinion of what i see.

(btw married and male as well)

in a fantasy realm the plate-kini doesnt work one bit.

BUT in a scifi it does because we can have personal force field generators on or using the force here is a another form.

I play on an RP werver and i find stupid names more offensive than any outfit.

When i play Swotor I put my mind into that time era and its fine(again stupid names bug me still)

btw the developement time to do as you ask is too much and. not wort the time so such a small group of people that would use said feature your asking for

BTW you are coming off too strong and that your opinion has more weight then the rest.

I see nothing wrong with the character models , its your opinion on what looks good or not and nothing else!

When you post on any game forum think about how it will be rceived before posting and you wont come across the way you did here

Oh you poor thing. You are assaulted by pixels on a screen. That must be very traumatic for you. Luckily you have your extreme wife to help you cope.

Shes a ginger, gingers are totally extreme.

Anyways you don't seem to understand much other than your own ability to type and try to make people mad...and you really haven't succeeded at all with me so you might as well find another post.

If you can't accept that crude objectification is lazy, visually abhorrent and uncreative..then fine, go on with your bad self. All I'm asking for is a client side toggle for Generic Armor. Its something plenty of games have after all.

But what if I don't like the armor you choose for your characters? Can I have a "Hide Armor" toggle? I mean as long as *you* don't have to see your characters dressed like strippers, why should it matter how other people see them?

Its not just disrespectful to women....its disrespectful to art. It is, as I said, visual profanity, you are like a big walking middle finger every time I see if you if you dress your characters like this. I'm not sure what planet you grew up on where you were entitled to the right to just offend anyone you want...but I certainly didn't grow up there.

Oh dear. Yes mate... everyone in game, even on servers which are outside your region are doing this PURELY to infuriate the hell out of you. No one else. JUST YOU.

In fact, even those characters which aren't wearing the sort of gear that offends you, if you inspect their gear.. you will notice that its all a sham and underneath their outfit designed appearance they are wearing fully geared metal bikinis as their main set. AGAIN, just to ruin your day. ENJOY.

I have a pencil too, somewhere, can I be an artist too?

It is utterly impossible to accept that you are not simply trolling. How other players dress their character has no effect on you other than to the extent you allow it to bother you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Its something plenty of games have after all.

Which games have such a client-side toggle? I've played almost all of the major MMOs & am unaware of such a feature existing.

OTOH, its existence in other games is not any indication that it could be easily implemented in SW:TOR, & if Bioware doesn't see a compelling reason to make the attempt -- which, I'm guessing, it doesn't -- then you'll need a much better argument than "I'm offended, change it" to get them to move.

Shes a ginger, gingers are totally extreme.

Anyways you don't seem to understand much other than your own ability to type and try to make people mad...and you really haven't succeeded at all with me so you might as well find another post.

If you can't accept that crude objectification is lazy, visually abhorrent and uncreative..then fine, go on with your bad self. All I'm asking for is a client side toggle for Generic Armor. Its something plenty of games have after all.

Did you ever stop and think that the way you chose to make your argument and then the way you've chosen to respond pretty much every single time is directly responsible for any and all hostility directed at you? Perhaps if you didnt talk down about anyone who disagreed with you, perhaps if you didnt accuse everyone who uses those outfits of buying credits from china, perhaps if you didn't insult every single player who doesnt share your view and had presented an actual non-insulting idea it would have been better received. But no instead you chose to attack anyone who disagreed with you from the beginning. Shouldn't be surprised when hostility and haughtiness are met with negativity.

Which games have such a client-side toggle? I've played almost all of the major MMOs & am unaware of such a feature existing.

Archeage, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2....a few I can think of. Oh...Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes, there are a few others...but I can't recall the names right now.

Archeage, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2

I'll take your word for it, as I've only ever played GW1, & I don't remember any client side toggle there.

However, again: the existence of said toggle in those games does not mean it can be implemented in SW:TOR, & without a much better argument than you've offered up, Bioware has no compelling reason to even try. So, you need to make a much better argument than "I'm offended, change it!"

So, you need to make a much better argument than "I'm offended, change it!"

Really? Apparently "I'm offended, change it!" applies quite well to many things these days.

The technical argument is that the generic files are already there. Linking the interface XML to have a toggle that simply references a tor file resource line that visually translates class/gender to 1 specific generic piece of visually recognizable armor is not hard.

Let me educate you as to how "Hide Head Slot" works...its not magic. In the games resource files there is a blank mesh resource that is attached to the skeletal node that the helmet attaches to on the player model.

"Hide Head Slot" doesn't magically put your helm somewhere else. It just references a resource string, when toggled on, that points all node attachments on the head slot rig node to the blank mesh in the resources to be rendered both client side and server side to other users.

Generic Armor is even less work because its not requiring the client to send any data back to the server at all, its just a visual choice, which doesn't require other players to be able to see that you aren't seeing their hilariously clever character in its "full glory". It simply just tells your client if class/gender: render=resource path.

You're acting like this stuff is hard. Hero Engine is like the lego construction kit of MMO tech.

Edited by Ashes_Arizona

Really? Apparently "I'm offended, change it!" applies quite well to many things these days.

The technical argument is that the generic files are already there. Linking the interface XML to have a toggle that simply references a tor file resource line that visually translates class/gender to 1 specific generic piece of visually recognizable armor is not hard.

Let me educate you as to how "Hide Head Slot" works...its not magic. In the games resource files there is a blank mesh resource that is attached to the skeletal node that the helmet attaches to on the player model.

"Hide Head Slot" doesn't magically put your helm somewhere else. It just references a resource string, when toggled on, that points all node attachments on the head slot rig node to the blank mesh in the resources to be rendered both client side and server side to other users.

Generic Armor is even less work because its not requiring the client to send any data back to the server at all, its just a visual choice, which doesn't require other players to be able to see that you aren't seeing their hilariously clever character in its "full glory". It simply just tells your client if class/gender: render=resource path.

You're acting like this stuff is hard. Hero Engine is like the lego construction kit of MMO tech.

Oh kewl. Not only are you an artist, extremely married, and a man but you also are a programmer too. Well you are just the complete package arent you

Oh kewl. Not only are you an artist, extremely married, and a man but you also are a programmer too. Well you are just the complete package arent you

Uh XML isn't programming...functionally its scripting. Programming is entirely different which I'm surprised, really, that that even has to be explained on the internet in this day in age.

Far as what/who I am, I am what I am, not sure why you live in a world where no one can be competent at anything and enjoy video games.

Far as what/who I am, I am what I am, not sure why you live in a world where no one can be competent at anything and enjoy video games.

And I'm glad I dont live in your world where I couldn't enjoy a video game if i had to see someone wearing an outfit i didnt like, even though it had zero affect on my ability to play the game. And no, XML is not programming but nothing is ever that simple. But I'm sure you'll do your best to tell me how wrong I am, because Armchair Developers who actually have zero experience refuse to believe that what they want cant easily be done

I just have a distinct and refined idea of what is actually attractive and sexy and nothing about TOR characters qualifies for anywhere near either of those things.

I have some extremely beautiful Skyrim characters...they are characters I personally take a lot of pride in because I did a lot of work making assets and modifying other peoples assets to get the looks I wanted and they are actually attractive and sexy characters because the actual technical possibility of them emulating some level of realistic attractiveness was there in the first place.

The problem isn't that TOR's options are relatively limited, which they are.

The problem is that you're serious about how sexy and attractive pixels are in a video game. /laugh track

At least when this game gets too onerous you can always fire up your Skyrim nudie mods. :rak_04:

Edited by Joesixxpack

And I'm glad I dont live in your world where I couldn't enjoy a video game if i had to see someone wearing an outfit i didnt like, even though it had zero affect on my ability to play the game. And no, XML is not programming but nothing is ever that simple. But I'm sure you'll do your best to tell me how wrong I am, because Armchair Developers who actually have zero experience refuse to believe that what they want cant easily be done

I'm not an arm chair developer. I've worked with the Hero Engine on small projects with friends before, I am not currently employed in the mainstream industry but I do make a living making game content for Renderotica, DAZ, Second Life, and IMVU, I have a ridiculous Nexus profile with several personally developed mods for the games the Nexus supports with hundreds of thousands of downloads for those mods.

Unlike your "armchair" developer..I actually know the difference between XML and JSON and have worked in both. And yes I am the total package, I script, I made 3D and 2D art, I can even dance, if you can put up with white people dancing.

Stop assuming you know what you're dealing with just because you don't like my tone. Cause you don't know what you're dealing with at all.

Really? Apparently "I'm offended, change it!" applies quite well to many things these days...

But, quite obviously, not here. So far. If it applies in the future, then good for you. Just don't hold your breath waiting.

As for the rest of your response: whether it would be "easy" to change or not is irrelevant to whether Bioware sees a need to change it. Until Bioware sees a need to change it, the amount of resources needed to change it is a waste.

You're flogging dead horsies. This one, in fact, has been dead for at least 10 years, & you're now pounding the dust into tinier motes. Do you also enjoy tilting at windmills?

Just use the h○○ker ensambles as a ijdit gauge. "Oh look, stripper sw barbie, not grouping with that mouth breather"

At this point whenever i see a "female character" running around like a red light district reject i just giggle imagining some unwashed guy in a basement somewhere breathing heavily and sweating every time they get a flash of pixelated anatomy :p

I like to play "spot the male player" when I see these types. Generally consists of me standing next to them and saying

"I found one!"

"Male player detected"

"Oh look... a man"

"Who wants to bet it's a dude!"

All usually followed by some form of emote in their general direction so they know I'm talking about them.