Question to the community.

RiVaN_

Stuff

The problem with posting things like that, is that there are so many people who talk big and frankly complete balls, that there's no point believing them. Its like every third person you meet ingame that's moaning is a games programmer. I don't know if you are what you say you are, and I don't care. Why? Because it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference here. It doesn't matter if you're a snotty nosed kid, or a 90 year old grandmother, before the monolith that is the SWTOR forums, we are all equal.

(Personally, I don't post on the internet anywhere when angry (Not that I get angry much the last few years), as its completely pointless - As is arguing on the internet, its about as effective as urinating into the wind, and nearly as messy).

Well...

Qualifications list...

19K, M1A1 Tank crewman, Driver, Loader, back to driver, loader again, Gunner, Tank Commander, Company Master Gunner, Interim 1SG, BN Master Gunner. Changed MOS with 6 years left then spent my last 5 years in the Army in S3 Operations.

Kosovo, as a tanker, Iraq and Afghanistan as a tanker, then back to Iraq in the S3.

List of qualifications: Combat Arms, in combat. Tactical combat operations and movement cell.

Care to list your qualifications?

Again false assumptions.

Not a therapy thread, more of a "you people need to calm the F*** down" thread.

Though you seem to be the kind of person who doesn't understand subtlety, respect or civility...

I love it when people pull military background and list it as a 'qualification' on a vidya game forum. That's some maturity showing.

Stick to your tanks n guns, jarhead.

Edited by dominaura

The problem with posting things like that, is that there are so many people who talk big and frankly complete balls, that there's no point believing them. Its like every third person you meet ingame that's moaning is a games programmer. I don't know if you are what you say you are, and I don't care. Why? Because it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference here. It doesn't matter if you're a snotty nosed kid, or a 90 year old grandmother, before the monolith that is the SWTOR forums, we are all equal.

(Personally, I don't post on the internet anywhere when angry (Not that I get angry much the last few years), as its completely pointless - As is arguing on the internet, its about as effective as urinating into the wind, and nearly as messy).

And I agree with you. Getting angry about a game makes no sense.

The poster I was replying to requested a list of qualifiers, I obliged.

I don't care if anyone believes it or not.

The original point of the thread was, "why are you so pissed off all the time?" Chill out, you'll have more fun if you do.

But I guess in this day of bluntness no one recognizes civility and respectful conversation anymore.

It's sad really.

I love it when people pull military background and list it as a 'qualification' on a vidya game forum. That's some maturity showing.

Stick to your tanks n guns, jarhead.

What you failed to understand is the meaning of the term POG. It IS a military term referring to a person with no combat experience.

My reply was in direct response to HIM and the POG statement.

Edited by RiVaN_

Why so hostile all the time? Have you nothing better to do than be angry all the time?

Chill out, drink a beer, go find your favorite website for some "quality alone time" or whatever it is you to to blow off some steam and just calm down.

Like my grandpa always used to say, "It ain't no fun being so angry all the time."

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! :mad:

You should look up Penny Arcade's Greater Theory regarding the Internet and the effect it has on normal rational people.

You nailed it, good call.

“toxic disinhibition” as the malicious behavior that results from understanding that one’s actions will not result in any meaningful consequences.

Describes the forums these days.

Edited by RiVaN_

I spent 20 years in the Army and retired last year. 4 deployments, 3 NCO schools. 3 specialty schools and 1 MOS Reclass. I know B.S. I know angry. I work very hard to let all that frustration and anger go and not take my frustrations out on strangers. It makes me even more angry when people use strangers as punching bags for no good reason.

It's toxic and it's stupid.

I spent 20+ years living in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in one of the most DANGEROUS cities in the United states (Orange Mound, Memphis TN). Most of my friends died over stupid stuff like gang violence, drug deals gone wrong, a female, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm from a place where they don't expect us to live past age 25. I'm from a city that had problems with "guns in schools" during the 80's & 90's. Police DON'T immediately come to tha mound when you call for help. They MIGHT slow up 30min to an hour later. You volunteered to go to war (and I can respect that btw)...I was born and raised in a war zone. I was 12yrs old the first time someone tried to rob me at gunpoint. I was 30 when some lil punk broke in my house AND HELD A GUN TO MY 3YR OLD DAUGHTERS HEAD WHILE SHE SLEPT.....AND THREATENED TO KILL HER IF I DIDN'T GIVE HIM MONEY! So YEA....I'm always angry. You may be able to move past it, but I can't afford to let it go. I can't afford to trust people. That'll get you killed. And even after moving into a better neighborhood, I'm STILL on alert 24-7-365. And my attitude is ME against the world. Yo b.s. ain't nothing like mine cuz....

I spent 20+ years living in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in one of the most DANGEROUS cities in the United states (Orange Mound, Memphis TN). Most of my friends died over stupid stuff like gang violence, drug deals gone wrong, a female, or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm from a place where they don't expect us to live past age 25. I'm from a city that had problems with "guns in schools" during the 80's & 90's. Police DON'T immediately come to tha mound when you call for help. They MIGHT slow up 30min to an hour later. You volunteered to go to war (and I can respect that btw)...I was born and raised in a war zone. I was 12yrs old the first time someone tried to rob me at gunpoint. I was 30 when some lil punk broke in my house AND HELD A GUN TO MY 3YR OLD DAUGHTERS HEAD WHILE SHE SLEPT.....AND THREATENED TO KILL HER IF I DIDN'T GIVE HIM MONEY! So YEA....I'm always angry. You may be able to move past it, but I can't afford to let it go. I can't afford to trust people. That'll get you killed. And even after moving into a better neighborhood, I'm STILL on alert 24-7-365. And my attitude is ME against the world. Yo b.s. ain't nothing like mine cuz....

I respect you for moving out of that neighborhood and getting some distance between that life for your family. I hope that life is better for you now and that one day you will feel safe in your own home and be able to relax and have a beer without wondering who is coming through the door next.

Best of luck to you and I hope that life has something amazing in store for you.

Oh my... I used to think my life was rough, growing up with two alcoholic parents. My stepdad bullied me every day and tried to kill me at least 8 times.

Guess I had it easy.

Oh my... I used to think my life was rough, growing up with two alcoholic parents. My stepdad bullied me every day and tried to kill me at least 8 times.

Guess I had it easy.

Are people seriously e-peening each other over whose life was worse? Do we not all realize this is a subjective thing at best?

Juveniles.

You nailed it, good call.

“toxic disinhibition” as the malicious behavior that results from understanding that one’s actions will not result in any meaningful consequences.

Describes the forums these days.

It describes the internet in general, not just these forums.

The internet lets you vent the vitriol life has filled you with in such an anonymous fashion that there is no fear since there are no consequences.

In a forum like this, however, you aren't anonymous. I might not know who you are, you don't know who I am, but THEY (i.e. BW) know who you are and if you step outside the lines of propriety they can and will take action.

Anyone who has any passion for this game has received a friendly warning about one post or another. I just got one yesterday (though in my defense I didn't realize you couldn't "discuss" in the Bug Report forum unless it was about information relating to the bug) and it could be that I'll see more before my sub lapses in July. Not because I think I'm anonymous but because I feel this game is worth trying to make better.

I have made myself crack up at the keyboard while reading some posts in the "voice" of Morgan Freeman or Sam Elliot, or imagining the guy on the other side is POTUS or some such. Try it, it really makes it easier to stomach some of the conversations.

By the by... I love your sig. Did you come up with that? Lol! 50 Shades of Shae... an awesome name for a Mando only guild too.

That sig is the unfortunate side effect of hearing a commercial about the movie at the same time I was running another toon through the flashpoint.