Ziost already dead?

What do you mean? It doesn't give anywhere near as much endurance as 192 gives? I thought that is good thing...

It only gives 4 Endurance more in enhancements than crafted 186s, ~16 less than vendor 192s.

The tank enhancements are high endurance / low mitigation, but otherwise yes, the 190 Ziost enhancements are better than the crafted 186 as well as the Elite 192 (and probably the 198 Ultimate as well).

The armoring and mods are slightly lower stat value than the 192 Elite, though better than the 186 Basic or crafted items.

Maybe the poster was talking about the overall stat mix with a full set of Ziost gear, where one may have too little accuracy and too much crit...but that holds true for any gear rating 'set' as Bioware expects players to mix and match mods to optimize their stat mix, they do not provide optimally balanced stat 'sets'.

As to the zone, I enjoyed the story and thought the overall idea and execution was interesting - though I agree with many posters that it has very little replay value beyond the Operations boss.

It will be interesting to see what comes next, and how soon, as I do not feel Ziost is going to be the type of content to keep players engaged for any length of time.

Edited by DawnAskham

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I did Ziost a bit the first few days, but haven't even been back since. I got all the achievements and titles, did the new WB and Ops boss a few times, nothing really worth going back for now.

The lack of Terminal FT to Rishi and Ziost perplexes me. (I am not paying 300k on all 12 of my lvl 60's for a freakin unlock to Rishi) Both are dailies, so should both have them. Not having a Terminal FT is a deterrent from wanting to go there. We have a Terminal FT to every single other Daily place, even CZ, but not those two. It makes no sense to me.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I like doing the dailies because the tasks are different from the older daily areas and a lot of fun. And I want to get 50 Ilum holomaps before they fix it. Once I am done with that, I don't care if it takes months to collect the other Ziost decos.

We have our guild flagship over Ziost, so it's easy to travel there but I agree that they should put it on the Priority Transport terminal as well (along with Rishi) or at least add a Legacy transport for Ziost.

So far, my favority quests are the speeder and the holograms. Macrobinoculars are fine once I found the spot from where you can scan four objects at once. The probe droid quest is the worst since the respawn is too long and if you are unlucky, you get the champion droids which take a long time to kill and are sometimes bugged and drop no loot.

Edited by Jerba

Ya, I did Ziost a bit the first few days, but haven't even been back since. I got all the achievements and titles, did the new WB and Ops boss a few times, nothing really worth going back for now.

The lack of Terminal FT to Rishi and Ziost perplexes me. (I am not paying 300k on all 12 of my lvl 60's for a freakin unlock to Rishi) Both are dailies, so should both have them. Not having a Terminal FT is a deterrent from wanting to go there. We have a Terminal FT to every single other Daily place, even CZ, but not those two. It makes no sense to me.

I almost think that the 300k would be well spent if we take into consideration that the fast travels no longer have cool downs. I used to refuse to buy the Rishi one forever, but now that it's basically a personal fast travel for free i use it all the time to get to the Ravagers with no fuss. Overall though, not having that terminal travel OR a fast travel unluck also head pretzels me. It has to be some sort of short term exclusion. I can't see a daily area like Ziost not get it's own terminal fast travel. Just doesn't make any sense.

It's not really got any content worth repeating, and no rep grind either, so once you've run it a couple of times, that's enough.

Unless you want ice the tromper mount. Which is as good a reason to run content as rep is. Or, for 190 modded gear for companions so you can ditch the ugly Yavin stuff (assuming you're not swimming in Elites).

So, plenty of reasons to do the Ziost dailies, in my opinion. Plus they take like 15 to 20 minutes.

Maybe the poster was talking about the overall stat mix with a full set of Ziost gear, where one may have too little accuracy and too much crit...but that holds true for any gear rating 'set' as Bioware expects players to mix and match mods to optimize their stat mix, they do not provide optimally balanced stat 'sets'.

Nothing that can't be fixed with augments

http://i.imgur.com/KidAUiO.png

MH: 186 with 190 enhancement

OH: 192 vendor, no modifications done

Ear: 192 vendor

Everything else is 190s from quest line or in case of belt/bracers/implants: vendor.

3x 186 Accuracy augments

3x 186 Power augments

3x 178 Power augments

Yeah, crit should be as close to 30% as possible (Scrapper) and Surge a bit too high. But it works.

Edited by Halinalle

I almost think that the 300k would be well spent if we take into consideration that the fast travels no longer have cool downs. I used to refuse to buy the Rishi one forever, but now that it's basically a personal fast travel for free i use it all the time to get to the Ravagers with no fuss. Overall though, not having that terminal travel OR a fast travel unluck also head pretzels me. It has to be some sort of short term exclusion. I can't see a daily area like Ziost not get it's own terminal fast travel. Just doesn't make any sense.

I really wish they would change or add some of these character based 'legacy unlocks' to actually be legacy unlocks, even at a higher cost and / or requiring a certain legacy level.

I really wish they would change or add some of these character based 'legacy unlocks' to actually be legacy unlocks, even at a higher cost and / or requiring a certain legacy level.

I'd love that. To expand...I'd die and go to wherever it is I'd go afterwards if they created a useable terminal decoration for strongholds...along with training dummies. But, I digress. Such things are not to be.

Unless you want ice the tromper mount. Which is as good a reason to run content as rep is. Or, for 190 modded gear for companions so you can ditch the ugly Yavin stuff (assuming you're not swimming in Elites).

So, plenty of reasons to do the Ziost dailies, in my opinion. Plus they take like 15 to 20 minutes.

Seems like you have a very different definition of the word "plenty" compared to everyone else's definition.

What do you mean? It doesn't give anywhere near as much endurance as 192 gives? I thought that is good thing...

It only gives 4 Endurance more in enhancements than crafted 186s, ~16 less than vendor 192s.

Those rating 190 pieces of gear are a mixture in terms of how good they are. The mods are far from the best easily available which title goes to either rating 198 comms mods or (for DPS and healers) rating 192 ops token gear if you can get hold of it. Ditto the armorings which are far less good than the rating 198 comms armorings/rating 192 set bonus armorings. The offhand is also vastly outclassed by the ultimate comms stuff. Tank enhancements are also inferior to the crafted rating 186 stuff which is the best you can get hold of short of ops token drops. Where this gear does shine is the enhancements for DPS and healers. It is the fourth best you can get, and two of those are very tricky to get hold of indeed, dropping from HM Colossal Monolith, HM Ravagers and HM Temple of Sacrifice. The good rating 192 enhancements can either be got from HM flashpoint drops or SM ops drops and are thus considerably easier to obtain, but still a lot trickier than the Ziost ones for only a very small improvement. in stats. Another, perhaps less-noticed, but still important area where Ziost is important is main hand barrels and hilts. The Worldbreaker Monolith, ie the uninstanced world boss, drops rating 190 main hands which are the best that are available outside of ops drops.

So if we are talking pure comms gear or crafted rating 186 (due to it not needing any ops-based materials) here are the sources for the best in slot stuff:

• Offhand from ultimate comms
  • Mods from ultimate comms
  • Armorings from ultimate comms
  • Tank enhancements from crafted rating 186 gear
  • DPS and healer enhancements from Ziost vendor
  • Mainhand from crafted rating 186 gear
  • Tank earpiece and implants from ultimate comms
  • DPS and healer earpiece and implants from either Ziost vendor or ultimate comms according to stats needed in the slot

So as can be seen from the above list crafted rating 186 stuff is almost obsolete for BIS comms/easy crafting gear, only appearing from tank enhancements and the mainhand barrel/hilt. Ziost gear proves extremely useful in giving access to more powerful DPS/healer enhancements and increasing the stat choice available for implant and earpiece slots. For example strength DPS comms earpieces come with either strength/accuracy from ultimate comms or crit/surge from Ziost and strength DPS comms implants come with either power/surge from ultimate comms or accuracy/crit from Ziost. The stat budget for ultimate comms stuff is 224 and for Ziost stuff is 226 meaning virtually no difference in level of meaningful stats, although the ultimate comms stuff will have a lot more endurance of course.

It's not really got any content worth repeating, and no rep grind either, so once you've run it a couple of times, that's enough.
Yep, all I go there for is once a week to do the weekly's for the elite comms and that it... Edited by Legolose

I'd love that. To expand...I'd die and go to wherever it is I'd go afterwards if they created a useable terminal decoration for strongholds...along with training dummies. But, I digress. Such things are not to be.

If they gave us a prioity terminal for strongholds and guild ships, I doubt I would step foot on fleet again unless I was leveling a character. And that is probably why we have never gotten them. Not that the 30 seconds it takes me to travel to a terminal will do anything to bump the numbers up at fleet.

Not to mention the lack of a priority travel there.

So, if you are on the fleet, you go to the hangar...load upper area....

Click on the priority transport to go to your ship....load ship...................

Go to to the console and travel to the planet....run back to the exit....

Click on exit door.......load planet.............................................

Arrive on space station.....click terminal......load to start area.....

Pick up quests.....

Ain't nobody got time for that...

This. Needs a legacy travel perk (preferably one that doesn't break all the others in the process)

If they gave us a prioity terminal for strongholds and guild ships, I doubt I would step foot on fleet again unless I was leveling a character. And that is probably why we have never gotten them. Not that the 30 seconds it takes me to travel to a terminal will do anything to bump the numbers up at fleet.

That's probably true. As it stands I barely go to the fleet anyway. It's log in...already at Nar Shadaa...travel to CZ...terminal it around town...quick travel to ship...ziost...back to stronghold...que for flashies/ guild ops run or I could go to fleet to pug.

As a total aside I'm curious what people do go to fleet for? I just go to buy crates from the correllia vendor when I'm at 1000 basics, turn in some token gears, and if the bounty event is going on I'll go there/ check out some legacy vendors. GTN? Stronghold. Que for stuff? Stronghold. Dummy time? Ship. Daily areas? Quick Travel. I'm kind of shocked that fleet isn't more dead than it potentially is already!

Yep, all I go there for is once a week to do the weekly's for the elite comms and that it...

That all I do any of the daily areas and then only on characters that I want comms on.

I haven't been to Ziost since Sunday to kill Boss. Too busy leveling alts. That doesn't however meant I dislke Ziost, it means I am doing other things in game. With Gree event and 12xp, I can't really see anyone being surprise Ziost isn't that busy right now. I bet Yarin isn't that busy either, but I will say from observation both Taris and Nar Shaddaa look like the did at launch.

Edited by mikebevo

So we can assume you either do no want the tromper mount or you already have one for every single one of your characters.

Tromper mount = plenty of content?

Erm okay whatever you say...:confused:

Unless you think plenty = grinding something, doing the same thing over and over (dailies), then sure. Think what you want.

Edited by Vallerine

Yeah. The Emperor wasted no time killing off the whole planet. It was terrible!

He was disappointed too that Ziost was dull and didn't look like Ziost. He saved everyone from wasting more play (cut scene) time on it and is the real hero of the story IMO.

I did the story once, laughed when I got to the 2nd part and found myself standing in a lousy daily hub, and haven't been back since.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Not to mention the lack of a priority travel there.

So, if you are on the fleet, you go to the hangar...load upper area....

Click on the priority transport to go to your ship....load ship...................

Go to to the console and travel to the planet....run back to the exit....

Click on exit door.......load planet.............................................

Arrive on space station.....click terminal......load to start area.....

Pick up quests.....

Ain't nobody got time for that...

Who even does that anymore? Just port to SH, then to ship.