What class should I be playing if I'm stuck with 125145 ms lag?

Letsjet

Perhaps something that uses as little amount of abilities as possible. Lightning sorc comes to mind, and guardian/jugg is a very forgiving class, but there could be others too. You might want to experiment with the ability action queue since you have such massive delay. Edited by Sharkii_boy

Transfer to a server on your side of the world?

I soooooooo wish I could downvote you right now.....

Ever since they shut down APAC servers, stuff like this keeps cropping up.

@OP - I recommend a ranged class, try MM sniper or TK Sage. Could also try Gunnery commando

What class should I be playing if I'm stuck with 125145 ms lag?

Roll any class with stealth and just ... stay invisible:o

125 ms isn't so bad, just don't play 4m melee, it would be difficult to stay on target. Try PT/vang, basic rotation is simple and you can perform big part of it at 15m distance. Or play ranged classes like sorc/sniper

What class should I be playing if I'm stuck with 125145 ms lag?and i guess i have no shot at ranked:mad:

100-200 is normal for me and I can play any of the classes, so long as you have fingers and 1/10 of a brain you can do it

What class should I be playing if I'm stuck with 125145 ms lag?and i guess i have no shot at ranked:mad:

Sarlacc Pit.

Most definitely.

100%.

Without reservation.

Go for it.

Edited by OldSwab

Edited after reading the correction that it is 125-145ms

That is totally playable on any class... I'm in the APAC region and often play with 178-220ms... When our APAC server closed and was merged with the US, I went from 17ms to 178ms

Sure it can take a little to get used to playing on higher ping... But 125ms should be easy... All you need to do is learn to anticipate a little better and react before it happens... Sometimes you will make a mistake, oh well... Can't be helped... But most of the time you won't... Soon it becomes instinctive and you won't notice the difference... Ie, you see a Jugg at 40m heading towards you... He is about to leap... Be prepared, act early before he leaps and by the time he gets to you, you'll already have done what you would have done if you reacted slower, the ping has caught up to your pre-emptive strike... You see a PT running fast at you, no point trying to stop him until he nearly slows, but just before he does you can launch your counter attack... etc etc

Just pick a class you enjoy... Start pvping early, lvl 10 will give you a good understanding of the ping, without worrying about lots of abilities... By the time you get to lvl 30, you probably won't notice it

As for ranked, well that can be tricky... I used to do very well on the APAC server and 17ms ping... I thought it wouldn't be playable at 170ms+... But it is... Just remember that if you come up against someone with 17ms they may win with the reduced ping if they are the same skill lvl as you... If they are a higher skill lvl it won't matter either way... Lower skill lvl you can still beat them... I would suggest practicing a lot in regs first to get your anticipation skills honed... It took me a while because I had to adjust from 17ms... But if you've never played at that lower ping it should be an easier adjustment

Edited by Icykill_

None... Unsub... That's totally unplayable...

Or contact Bio on the phone and see if they can offer a solution... Or try the customer service forum... There is a community member named Owen who is very good at helping people with tech issues... He really should get paid by Bio for all the work he does

maybe read the whole thread?

With a 2 minute lag like that, might I suggest any of them ? Just make sure that you are on the opposing side from me. :p

I misspoke. it's 125mn-225ms at times. sometimes down in the 70's-110's, so roughly 0.125 or 1/2 of 1/4 sec delay. problem is, I really want to play a (1) Jugg or a stralth class dps. or a run and gun. I dont expect to vie for top honors, and my mrec made plenty of funds for them pve

You are a pretty good pvper. you move. you have to pick. Please gimme 1 class and why. Very appreciative.

I am at 240ms constant playing from Western Australia and play all classes. I dont do ranked anymore but I have done in the past (back in 8v8 and S1 Arena). To be honest I rarely notice the lag effects and do just fine regardless of class or spec, so with that in mind you should just pick the class you like the best.

mid 100 ms ping isn't too bad, what really kills you is inconsistency with ping, which can really screw up rotation timing. You'd be fine with any class to learn, ranked may be a bit harder but once you get used to the class and your ping range I'd bet you'll be fine.

Sarlacc Pit.

Most definitely.

100%.

Without reservation.

Go for it.

about choked on my jolly rancher, rofl.

Edited by Amaste

I soooooooo wish I could downvote you right now.....

Ever since they shut down APAC servers, stuff like this keeps cropping up.

@OP - I recommend a ranged class, try MM sniper or TK Sage. Could also try Gunnery commando

Go back to Reddit.

Its a good recommendation.